MATCH: vs Crawley Town (A) 05/04/21

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Did good, against Stevenage they were a crock of shite. We need to offload a sack full of these pretenders at the end of the season, let Curle have his own way with player recruitment and give the job to him for next season. I will be critical when it needs it, and praise when they deserve it. 50 years of being a Latics supporter can wear you down. 

Results ultimately dictate, but I think the performances are more reliable and consistent than under HK. (We’re still very capable of a stinker) Over a period of time though, you’d hope that consistency will translate into into results. 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kev1969 said:

Conner Mac could be first 20 goal striker in along time 

The team seem to play well when he plays well.

Priceless to have a player who just knows where the goal is.  Got to be concerned if (when) he's not here next season...

1 hour ago, kev1969 said:

Conner Mac could be first 20 goal striker in along time 

Just looking at his stats he's on 18 goals in all competitions for the season

14 in the league

2 in the EFL trophy

1 in the EFL Cup

1 in the FA Cup.

No reason why he can't get another 2 in the remaining 6 games. That's, a tremendous achievement in a side that has played some great football in some games but, for the majority of the season, has looked like it would struggle in the all priests over 75s 5 a side challenge football match.

Without him and Bahamboula we would be staring at relegation to the national league.

12 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

Just out of interest, can anyone remember the last time we scored 4 away and won? I remember a 4-4 draw at MK Franchise a few years back.

Done it twice this season 

Barrow & Newport✌️

13 minutes ago, Mr Banks, Zone 3 said:

Just out of interest, can anyone remember the last time we scored 4 away and won? I remember a 4-4 draw at MK Franchise a few years back.

2-4 Newport this season!!

my daughter just rang to say she backed freewheelin dylan in the irish grand national  and bahamboula to score as a double purely based on dylans name and won £130 on a £1.00 bet , the horse was 125 to 1 !!  result !!!!!!

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

We’ve scored 59 goals, second highest in the league. 

We have now scored the most goals in the league from open play. 

Scoring hasn’t been the problem. 

I’ve got a bet on us being the top league scorers...we are 2nd on 59 behind both Exeter & Cambridge on 60. The fact we are now probably safe and have nowt to play for and they are both going for promotion will probably go against me....I just hope we continue to try and win as many as we can!!

55 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

my daughter just rang to say she backed freewheelin dylan in the irish grand national  and bahamboula to score as a double purely based on dylans name and won £130 on a £1.00 bet , the horse was 125 to 1 !!  result !!!!!!

Great shout, had a bet on the Irish national but just didn't see Freewheelin Dylan...... was 150/1 I think  

46 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I’ve got a bet on us being the top league scorers...we are 2nd on 59 behind both Exeter & Cambridge on 60. The fact we are now probably safe and have nowt to play for and they are both going for promotion will probably go against me....I just hope we continue to try and win as many as we can!!

Wonder if any team has scored the most and conceded the most in the same season 🤪

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

We have now scored the most goals in the league from open play.

Is there a prize for highest scoring club?

Imagine if it was ground improvements, not just fixing fire doors but a complete new stand for instance.

"Congratulations Mr Lemsagam for providing such entertainment this season. Where would you like the stand to be built?"

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Great shout, had a bet on the Irish national but just didn't see Freewheelin Dylan...... was 150/1 I think  

If I'd known that I'd have put my life savings on it and bought the club.😔

Archived