MATCH: vs Colchester United (H) 09/04/21

I think tonight’s performance encapsulated our season: brilliant in parts, dreadful in others. Scoring at will but conceding too easily. Poor basic skills followed by sublime play - even the manager joined in with his baffling substitutions. 😉

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stanley30
37 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Is that because we put CBJ at full back? a job he can't do!

Only post when things get a bit tough and jump straight on the negative wagon. 

It all got a bit too easy at 3-0. It looked like we could cut through them for fun and they had shown nothing. There subs worked and they really gave it a go. They could've easily have had four. Fair play, we eventually dug deep, settled and picked them off. Entertaining game!

If Colchester can get their game together as they did in the middle of the second half, then they have a fighting chance.

We're safe! There, i've said it. Wouldn't jinx it before, but i will boldly state  tentatively suggest that we are safe.

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I think tonight’s performance encapsulated our season: brilliant in parts, dreadful in others. Scoring at will but conceding too easily. Poor basic skills followed by sublime play - even the manager joined in with his baffling substitutions. 😉

I'd agree with that. What a roller coaster of a season. 

With the subs, i was a actually glad to see Diarra come on. He really adds a certain physical presence. Taking Mac the Knife off was baffling, but i did think BamBam was a bit knackered.

7 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It all got a bit too easy at 3-0. It looked like we could cut through them for fun and they had shown nothing. There subs worked and they really gave it a go. They could've easily have had four. Fair play, we eventually dug deep, settled and picked them off. Entertaining game!

If Colchester can get their game together as they did in the middle of the second half, then they have a fighting chance.

We're safe! There, i've said it. Wouldn't jinx it before, but i will boldly state  tentatively suggest that we are safe.

We are definitely safe - 50 points was the bench Mark in League 1 - it shows how dog shit this league is it’s much much less (and yes I know the Premier League is 40 but they’re dicks) 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We are definitely safe - 50 points was the bench Mark in League 1 - it shows how dog shit this league is it’s much much less (and yes I know the Premier League is 40 but they’re dicks) 

We are, i agree. I think only Barnett have been relegated (in recent times) on 51 point (12-13 season). It's not going to happen. As you say, this is a piss poor league. I reckon three quality signings would have had us in the play-offs.

Never mind. Football has kept me going this season, I've watched more games than i have in a long time and i think the lower league clubs deserve a big pat on the back (and a huge rescue package).

For twenty minutes in the second half we could have blown a 3-0 lead by playing deep and allowing them to attack.Hopefully  lessons we be learnt.

Good win in the end but too nervy but thought Pidge again led by example.

10 hours ago, Wardie said:

While I agree up to a point, I think the same 11 should be able to play and maintain consistency. Inevitable injuries etc. will always throw a spanner in the works and yes, the quality in depth is not the best.

I get that in a normal season, but when players are playing twice a week, every week, some need to be protected. 

Big impact from DKD last night. 
Two goals and our first two came as a result of him being fouled in or at edge of penalty box. 
Still not the finished article, still weaknesses, but someone who can, and often does, cause real problems for the opposition. 

11 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The benchmark is based on 2 being relegated rather than 4, if it was 4 down it would be around 50 points like League One. 

11 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The benchmark is based on 2 being relegated rather than 4, if it was 4 down it would be around 50 points like League One. 

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Big impact from DKD last night. 
Two goals and our first two came as a result of him being fouled in or at edge of penalty box. 
Still not the finished article, still weaknesses, but someone who can, and often does, cause real problems for the opposition. 

Well said, plenty of highlights from the game, DKD should be delighted.

Remarkably improved player, seemed to struggle for consistency at first then really delivered. The pre season hype worked against him perhaps.

It's so frustrating to be watching on the screen, I cant judge how quick they are or the off the ball movement, looking forward to seeing that.

Aside from his great individual contribution, we have a team player, working great with Conor Mac and others, playing with a smile on his face.

Hope we keep hold of this talent.

6 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Agree with thisBigDog. 

So we are now top scorers in the division....if someone had said that at the start of the season id have said they were a basket case. However I'd also have said if we were we would be going up. 

We also have conceded the most goals in the division....again if someone had said this at the start of the season I'd have bet on us going down.

So I guess in summary in the strangest of seasons we should be thankful we are still in business(at the moment anyway), still in this horrible division(is not gone down), still splitting our long suffering supporters weekly who generally can't decide if we are a decent or shit side, and have in the main been involved in many pretty low quality but highly entertaining games.

Roll on next season when we can get behind and abuse the lads and generally have a great day out at the footy agian😀

Agree with all that. Even Fage is improving. The starting 11 were good. Jameson was playing very well and we were definitely weakened with CBJ having to move into the back 3. Conor Mac was probably taken off to give him a bit of a rest. Why Whelan was kept on I don't know, he was the weak link last night

16 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Southend drew today so need to win their last five games and we lose ours to go above us. Think we're safe...........

I see us with 2 wins and a draw in our next three games 

Funny how things change when you find your best starting 11 to get the job done and stick with it.

Bet AL's dreaming of a return to the promised land

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Love that life is accommodating a racist, cousin marrying, pedophile breeding twat

and one that has never even chosen his own underpants 

4 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I'd guess you're no Royalist ?

By the way there's an "a" in pedophile.😉

Can’t stand them - the idea of wealth through birth and “service” being unveiling plaques and giving speeches in front of gold pianos is sickening to me 

and yes there is - Iphone didn’t think so 😀 (you also missed it 😂)

Archived