Foundation Oldham - a strategy

Yep agreed. Trust owns the relationship with the club and the owners. PTB/FLG own the relationship with the fans. Trust becomes aware of a crisis brewing - straight on the phone to PTB/FLG who get the word out and organise whatever protest/pressure is needed. Ideally trust will also be working on building a war chest/rolodex of rich locals who may be able to get us out of the shit.

6 hours ago, tGWB said:

Not having a go at all just an observation

You don't appear to have a 'protest escalation' plan should the Club Owner and Board decide not to keep up their side of the MOU or even worse, don't give access to the financials or go on a run of not paying player and staff wages etc

A long standing criticism with many fans is the the Trust doesn't ever seem to bare its teeth

Its right to draw a line in the sand and look to improve communications with the club in the hope that we see much needed improvement, but recent history tells us not build our expectations

'When things go wrong' which for me they inevitably will, the Trust, Push the Boundary and the Podcasts need to have an pre agreed 'protest plan' that can be quickly escalated and not be caught on our back foot

I would suggest letting the Club Owner and Board know in advance, which hopefully could make them think twice before messing up.

Supporters would be primed as well rather than spending weeks deciding what we're going to do, resulting in not much, the Mansfield game being a classic example

I did not take it so my friend.

There is a bit more devil in the detail that we have already started, but yes I take your comments on board. Like the idea of a letter too

We'd be foolish to say we have thought of everything, hence meeting with PTB next week to see what they have to say and what their focus groups have been working on

Please feel free to pass comments the more feedback we have the better

14 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Yep agreed. Trust owns the relationship with the club and the owners. PTB/FLG own the relationship with the fans. Trust becomes aware of a crisis brewing - straight on the phone to PTB/FLG who get the word out and organise whatever protest/pressure is needed. Ideally trust will also be working on building a war chest/rolodex of rich locals who may be able to get us out of the shit.

That's my view, both supporter groups tap into each other strengths and support each others weaknesses. 

The war chest is the contingency fund  and planning for all scenarios, Club, stadium or both. We are mindful that we need to be thinking outside the box when it comes to some serious cash. If we can pull off the partnership with OMBC and Oldham college, potentially it is revenue that could help us smash the glass ceiling of league one of most fan owned clubs. fingers,toes and anything else we can cross

Bit we need some serious hands on help, this is critical. We can't do it on our own, hence us at least meeting with PTB next week

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

Egomaniac owners don’t get told what to do by little 3% shareholders. 

Which is precisely why the newly branded organisation should have taken the bold and decisive first step of ditching the pointless shareholding. 

In my opinion, our ever shrinking fanbase is too fragmented as it is. Had there been a merger, for example, of the former "Trust" and PTB (with a  ditching of the shares) I may have been interested. It's going to take a lot more than some corporate style re-branding for many people not to simply think, "Here we go again - another well intended but utterly pointless organisation."

On 4/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, underdog said:

it had to be done, we may have the turning circle of HMS Titanic, but we have to be best ready as we can be....its going to take lots of effort and skillset on this journey together

To be fair Titanic could turn quite quickly at full speed - they bollocksed it by reversing on the fateful night 

59 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Which is precisely why the newly branded organisation should have taken the bold and decisive first step of ditching the pointless shareholding. 

In my opinion, our ever shrinking fanbase is too fragmented as it is. Had there been a merger, for example, of the former "Trust" and PTB (with a  ditching of the shares) I may have been interested. It's going to take a lot more than some corporate style re-branding for many people not to simply think, "Here we go again - another well intended but utterly pointless organisation."

I don’t think it’s pointless in the safeguarding of our future. Where it is a bit pointless is in the belief it gives you real say or clout in the boardroom- it never has or never will. But that doesn’t mean the trust is defunct; it means it has to change its focus onto what it can materially affect- like securing the ground. 

You long advocated a independent pressure group- now we have one in the PTB. A group who have already shown they are willing to ask difficult questions.  So what’s the issue? 

We desperately need to stop expecting things of the trust that it isn’t designed for or capable of. 

14 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Listen to Epsiode 22 of BPAS to learn where and why the 3% shareholding is of value.

Archived