Administration??

ADMINISTRATION- COULD IT BE NEARER THAN WE Think?? 

Put aside the massive problems the club are having at the moment are we  in  more serious trouble than we think.

Has the CEO started where he left off at Bury? 
Great to have a cheap season ticket but is the scheme sustainable. At the prices they are ,you have to sell a lot to touch 2 years ago and I don't think that this seasons pandemic sales  have  been equalled in numbers.

On top of that we lose sponsorship money with little hope of getting any when the behaviour of the club is a key issue, certainly when money is tight.

We have had bailouts from the efl this season on 3 occasions, surely they will stop when fans are allowed back and I'm led to believe some of that is a loan that is repayable. 

Glad to survive in Division 2 whatever our position but will we get through to next season when it is rumoured that the owner does not want to put any more cash in.

57 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Put aside the massive problems the club are having at the moment are we  in  more serious trouble than we think.

Great to have a cheap season ticket but is the scheme sustainable. At the prices they are ,you have to sell a lot to touch 2 years ago and I don't think that this seasons pandemic sales  have  been equalled in numbers.

On top of that we lose sponsorship money with little hope of getting any when the behaviour of the club is a key issue, certainly when money is tight.

We have had bailouts from the efl this season on 3 occasions, surely they will stop when fans are allowed back and I'm led to believe some of that is a loan that is repayable. 

Glad to survive in Division 2 whatever our position but will we get through to next season when it is rumoured that the owner does not want to put any more cash in.

What do you think? 

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Mother of God.............😊

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Alright Gladders, we get it. You're annoyed and upset that your muckers Halliwell and Owen have had their nose pushed out by the CEO. No need for scaremongering. I'm sure @Frankies6 will be along in 10 minutes to tell us all the same as you...

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

I thought we were supposed to be positive & support the team...?

57 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Alright Gladders, we get it. You're annoyed and upset that your muckers Halliwell and Owen have had their nose pushed out by the CEO. No need for scaremongering. I'm sure @Frankies6 will be along in 10 minutes to tell us all the same as you...

Paddy let's cut to the chase. Your everybody but nobody. Everyone knows that.Stay on topic. These are real concerns not personality issues. 

I am genuinely concerned for our club. Abdallah has not been seen since September. Mo has upped sticks and gone home and we are left with someone in charge whose last job was at Bury that went under.

Rather than personalise it Paddy concentrate on the facts.

1. Season ticket revenue will be way down and like it or not many loyal Oldham fans would pay the going rate come what may.

2. Sponsorship money already lost. Let's hope the CEO manages to get some firms over the line. From what I am told about the way he handled the lost ones, there ain't much hope for anything major. I hope I am proved wrong.

3. More finance will need to be borrowed to remain intact as a club and the owner has no asset value in the club. Will Abdallah  put money in.?Doesn't seem he is that keen on the club given his lack of presence.

4 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Paddy let's cut to the chase. Your everybody but nobody. Everyone knows that.Stay on topic. These are real concerns not personality issues. 

I am genuinely concerned for our club. Abdallah has not been seen since September. Mo has upped sticks and gone home and we are left with someone in charge whose last job was at Bury that went under.

1. Season ticket revenue will be way down and like it or not many loyal Oldham fans would pay the going rate come what may.

2. Sponsorship money already lost. Let's hope the CEO manages to get some firms over the line. From what I am told about the way he handled the lost ones, there ain't much hope for anything major. I hope I am proved wrong.

3. More finance will need to be borrowed to remain intact as a club and the owner has no asset value in the club. Will Abdallah  put money in.?Doesn't seem he is that keen on the club given his lack of presence.

Guy joins August 2020 with a content count of 71

pipes up when big Baz and his mates leave to try and stoke fear on something everyman and Wheaters dog know could happen at anytime anyway

Ignore button employed 

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Guy joins August 2020 with a content count of 71

pipes up when big Baz and his mates leave to try and stoke fear on something everyman and Wheaters dog know could happen at anytime anyway

Ignore button employed 

Bury your head in the sand then, revenue is and will be massively down, it's worse than it's been in a long time i reckon and unless they sell Bahamboula for a big fee in the summer i can't see us making it to the start of next season without going into admin but then that's just my opinion. Feel free to ignore

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

Bury your head in the sand then, revenue is and will be massively down, it's worse than it's been in a long time i reckon and unless they sell Bahamboula for a big fee in the summer i can't see us making it to the start of next season without going into admin but then that's just my opinion. Feel free to ignore

Rather bury in the sand than Barry’s arse

And I said you’re stoking fear about something everyone knows could happen anyway so how is that burying? 

Have a good life 

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

. . . and? 

We know all this. 

We ain’t going bust with uncle Si in the background. Whose gonna pay his rent? How will he recover his outlay on the North stand? We go bust - he loses millions, and one thing he doesn’t do is lose money. 

So admin would be welcome because ALMO would be gone and new investment will be found. 

Interesting how low season ticket revenue is being blamed on the guy who came up with a pricing structure that would surely see a ticket sale increase at any other club. And not on any of the factors that saw sales drop off massively pre-Karl. 

He came with a remit to improve club/supporter engagement and as far as I’m concerned has failed miserably.

The North Stand corporate is

potentially a massive source of revenue for the club and was a big part of his plans yet it is still closed to supporters.

The season ticket offer should have been a brilliant initiative but without a plan going forward or a message of intent from the owners it is doomed to failure.

Admittedly it’s a shit show and has been since the takeover but Karl has to take on some of the blame for a lack of any progress.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He came with a remit to improve club/supporter engagement and as far as I’m concerned has failed miserably.

He certainly imploded spectacularly with his Twitter efforts to improve relations 

(but that was our fault for not giving him or his badges enough likes of course)

speaking of which - when do we find out the kit and badge for next season? Or are they thinking there’s not point since Pete has us out of business before then 

15 hours ago, PeteG said:

It's staring us in the face 

We have an Owner that is having to regularly chuck £money in to pay a bang average squad of players (17th in the bottom tier of English Football doesn't lie)

Our only real playing asset is Bahamboula who is highly likely to be sold on for 'an undisclosed fee' at the end of the season

Our recruitment in recent years has been primarily by trawling through the lower leagues of French football and more recently English Non League football

If our Owner had the finances to positively improve his current standing with our fanbase he would simply dig deep into his pocket and fund half a dozen very decent players

Instead, the Club continues to pump out football not fit for purpose, whilst blundering through PR disaster after disaster, Sponsors walking away being the latest

Administration and/or Relegation is a certainty under this current regime

12 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Administration and/or Relegation is a certainty under this current regime

We have a collective sense of frustration and uncertainty over 'what next?'

I've feared the end of season shift to the recurring grim debate over recruitment, the North Stand, worries over insolvency. 

Clearly the owner has been willing or able to find minimal finance to sustain the club, dont know for how long.

The rewards in running a struggling 4th division football club sailing close to the edge are limited, so why do it?

I would understand sentimental folly from a lifelong Latics supporter & owner in this situation, as their heart would be in the right place, if not a viable budget.

Just seems to be a horrible impasse here, mistaken investment, unable to cash out, not willing or able to fund an alternative strategy ..... much said and done behind the scenes to make the whole thing toxic.

It is possible for this paralysis to rumble on, not least as we continue to see at least two other clubs make a much more determined effort to be relegated.

The story at Grimsby is remarkable.

24 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

We have a collective sense of frustration and uncertainty over 'what next?'

I've feared the end of season shift to the recurring grim debate over recruitment, the North Stand, worries over insolvency. 

Clearly the owner has been willing or able to find minimal finance to sustain the club, dont know for how long.

The rewards in running a struggling 4th division football club sailing close to the edge are limited, so why do it?

I would understand sentimental folly from a lifelong Latics supporter & owner in this situation, as their heart would be in the right place, if not a viable budget.

Just seems to be a horrible impasse here, mistaken investment, unable to cash out, not willing or able to fund an alternative strategy ..... much said and done behind the scenes to make the whole thing toxic.

It is possible for this paralysis to rumble on, not least as we continue to see at least two other clubs make a much more determined effort to be relegated.

The story at Grimsby is remarkable.

Good post

Can't understand why the man would want to continue throwing good money off to bad.

His investment was on dodgy ground the moment we went down and for most that would've of been the time to cut your losses. 

38 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Good post

Can't understand why the man would want to continue throwing good money off to bad.

His investment was on dodgy ground the moment we went down and for most that would've of been the time to cut your losses. 

I think a lot of it comes down to that fact that the man is simply incapable of admitting he is/was wrong 

some will do anything to save face or not get found out including self destruction 

35 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think a lot of it comes down to that fact that the man is simply incapable of admitting he is/was wrong 

some will do anything to save face or not get found out including self destruction 

Wouldn't administration mean losing face?

Does it realy matter if this is true ? The end of lower league football or an opertunity to reset and rebuild the leagues 

MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) Tweeted: ▪️ Florentino Perez to be Chairman ▪️ Henry, Glazer, Kroenke and Agnelli to be vice-chairmen ▪️ 6 English, 3 Spanish, 3 Italian teams signed up MARTIN SAMUEL: English football's Big Six to reveal plan to join Super League TONIGHT https://t.co/V07TF0uo3u https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1383794597420158981?s=20

22 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wouldn't administration mean losing face?

Try reading the post I was replying too 

(ie why he keeps throwing bad money after bad and not just running after relegation)

Administration would likely not be his choice - as it wasn’t last year when Blitz initiated it 

32 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Does it realy matter if this is true ? The end of lower league football or an opertunity to reset and rebuild the leagues 

MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) Tweeted: ▪️ Florentino Perez to be Chairman ▪️ Henry, Glazer, Kroenke and Agnelli to be vice-chairmen ▪️ 6 English, 3 Spanish, 3 Italian teams signed up MARTIN SAMUEL: English football's Big Six to reveal plan to join Super League TONIGHT https://t.co/V07TF0uo3u https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1383794597420158981?s=20

Not really seems far fetched at best they have been talking of a European super league jobby for years it never happens because it will be unworkable.

Id be more worried about the problems closer to home.

Archived