MATCH: vs Harrogate Town (A) 20/04/21

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Either Bam or Mac. 

Pidge is nowhere near for me. He’s been steady, and always puts a shift in- which in this back four makes you look like baresi. However If we were a normal club I’d replace everyone one of the back four. Non of them are good enough to challenge next year.

Bambam for me. I love him.

I included Pidge because he's been a rock in the second half of the season. When all around him have been flaky, he's stood firm.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed that.

Pidge well deserved MOM, kept them out in the first few minutes with crucial blocks and clearances, outstanding.

The three centre backs is working nicely, Harry Clarke was back to being supercharged, making a difference with surging runs, we will have a job on finding another good CB to fill in.

CBJ throws in the odd wayward pass but continues to add so much to the attack, should have scored.

Alfie and Callum good again, shame Conor Mac didnt have many chances, ran himself ragged as usual.

Special mention for the magic Dylan Bahamboula, just sublime, the cruel prospect of never having chance to see him at BP is haunting me.

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You never know - we could always draw his new team in a cup 😉

We have an option on him don't we, it would be folly for us not to exercise this. That's if the owner has any pretensions of competing at the upper end of this God forsaken division. 

Just now, disjointed said:

We have an option on him don't we, it would be folly for us not to exercise this. That's if the owner has any pretensions of competing at the upper end of this God forsaken division. 

We have exercised it but many think he will still be sold for “undisclosed” in the summer 

I’m going to be optimistic we keep him till at least January unless we are desperate for the cash 

There is this constant belief that BamBam will be gone before next season. It's unfounded, other than thinking ALMO will cash in at the expense of the team. KC recognises his talent and now starts him every game. If KC is here next season, can you see him agreeing to letting Bahamboula go?

On the other hand, if ALMO start interfering, KC will walk.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

There is this constant belief that BamBam will be gone before next season. It's unfounded, other than thinking ALMO will cash in at the expense of the team. KC recognises his talent and now starts him every game. If KC is here next season, can you see him agreeing to letting Bahamboula go?

On the other hand, if ALMO start interfering, KC will walk.

It's all guesswork, Curle may be happy just to be managing, I'm hopeful that the owner may have learnt that it's best to let those with the knowledge of the footballing side of things, be left to get on with it with no interference from those who know Jack shit. Perhaps just perhaps. 

16 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Enjoyed that.

Pidge well deserved MOM, kept them out in the first few minutes with crucial blocks and clearances, outstanding.

The three centre backs is working nicely, Harry Clarke was back to being supercharged, making a difference with surging runs, we will have a job on finding another good CB to fill in.

CBJ throws in the odd wayward pass but continues to add so much to the attack, should have scored.

Alfie and Callum good again, shame Conor Mac didnt have many chances, ran himself ragged as usual.

Special mention for the magic Dylan Bahamboula, just sublime, the cruel prospect of never having chance to see him at BP is haunting me.

Totally agree. Curle has also got a great shape into the team.

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It's all guesswork, Curle may be happy just to be managing, I'm hopeful that the owner may have learnt that it's best to let those with the knowledge of the footballing side of things, be left to get on with it with no interference from those who know Jack shit. Perhaps just perhaps. 

I don't care if they know Jack Shit or not; they'd better not sign him 'cos he's crap and can't play right back.

The season of what could have been! We are the top scorers by a mile. Yet we have still said umpteen times that we should have scored another 2,3,4 goals in games. How the hell have a team who have scored the most and could have/should have scored a lot more ended up in bottom half?!?! Fingers crossed it carries on to next season and sort the ridiculous defence out. Even today they defended well, but tried their best to give Harrogate chances. Mind boggles

46 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

We're actually top scorers by just 4 goals, from Cambridge with 66. More significant is the fact that we have let in more goals by a mile than anyone else - 10 worse than Grimsby with 62. That is why we are nowhere near promotion.

I posted before I saw Cambridge had notched 4. And the conceding is whats boggling my mind. Surely noone who had conceded so many has stayed up before? Its unreal

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Apart form some sloppy passes, that was a very good performance with Pidge outstanding.

The jury is still out on Whelan, but he kept the midfield ticking over throughout the match.

My jury is firmly with the Whelan camp. Sees the opportunities and tries the pass. Just needs a little more strengthening/timing in his passing leg and he can be as good as Shez.

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

And probably played the pass of the game lol. That whipped curler to the right hand side was a beauty of a ball 

Vaughan to Blackwood was for me the pass of the game. Blackwood should have finished.

Archived