European Super League

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ackey said:

Not a fucking chance. The only reason UEFA gave a fuck in the first place was the that they lost access to the cash-cows. There's not a chance anyone will be banned from Europe or be given enough of a points deduction to stop them getting there.

This is the same as what people were saying yesterday - this isn't revolution, it's evolution. There's no winners here, just lesser evils.  

Again, I don't think we should be happy about any of this. FIFA and UEFA are corrupt shithouses of people just as self-serving and malicious as any of the ESL clubs and their plans. If anyone thinks that Aleksander Čeferin or Gianni Infantino are the good guys here then they need their head checking. 

God no. That's not as important as this shit. /s

I agree with your assessment regarding FIFA and UEFA. They are certainly not the good guys. I can't stand them, because of their anti English agenda. Part of the problem with the European competitions is they have pandered too much to the big clubs. To the point where they devalued their own competitions. Hence the the need to roll them back to pre 2000's criteria. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Honest question, why do you think that is?

please dont drag us down the ‘we should be ashamed of ourselves for once being the largest Empire the world has ever known’ road Matt

Best to concentrate on football matters cos its not like everything at our club is rosey is it 

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Any chance of the Trust buying another 48% stake in the club high AL making it 51/49 in the fans favour?

Seems unlikely if we sells it would be the full lot and he'd probably want the majority if not all the money back he has pissed up the wall back.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Didn’t we vote against the forming of a Premier League but a two thirds majority won the day?

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that we were going to vote against it, but David Sheepshanks talked Ian Stott round..

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

Each team has lost its £8million equity after pulling out. Perez has swindled £80million from his biggest rivals without doing a damn thing

They may not be able to buy a third choice left back

I’ve often thought that fans of these “big teams” would be completely on board with a break off league, certainly because most of them are seen to be “armchair” fans who’s relationship with football is solely one of entertainment. It’s easy to assume these fans would lap up the prospect of seeing the “elite v elite” every week and to hell with the rest of us. But to be fair the this issue hasn’t even been divisive, it’s been completely rebuked by the vast majority of fans of those 6 clubs and given that these fans have stood up with the rest of football against this, I don’t want to see any sanctions to those clubs directly in terms of points deductions or expulsion from competitions. 

Although the owners should be barred from football activity for life.

36 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

But to be fair the this issue hasn’t even been divisive, it’s been completely rebuked by the vast majority of fans of those 6 clubs and given that these fans have stood up with the rest of football against this, I don’t want to see any sanctions to those clubs directly in terms of points deductions or expulsion from competitions. 

Although the owners should be barred from football activity for life.

Leeds were fined £200k for 'spying' on Derby County training so that sets a benchmark that didn't hurt their supporters

How about deduct 50% of their UEFA payments for a season which has to be spent in the EFL pyramid or grassroots football

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Honest question, why do you think that is?

That's a good question and I don't know why. That's a question for them. But there's been enough examples of this over the years.

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Is it ..........because they're foreigners ??🙄

I don't know what you're insinuating? Maybe I don't want to know.

16 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

That's a good question and I don't know why. That's a question for them. But there's been enough examples of this over the years.

I think during the times of Platini running UEFA and Blatter running FIFA then their was plenty of anti English sentiment particularly around the 2018 world cup bid. Both those 2 got shown up as being corrupt parasites though.

However Im not sure their is still the same anti English sentiment now. Though Im not particularly confident in either organisation to reign in the big clubs in this instance which is probably whats required.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think during the times of Platini running UEFA and Blatter running FIFA then their was plenty of anti English sentiment particularly around the 2018 world cup bid. Both those 2 got shown up as being corrupt parasites though.

However Im not sure their is still the same anti English sentiment now. Though Im not particularly confident in either organisation to reign in the big clubs in this instance which is probably whats required.

Plenty of anti UK sentiment based on the rather bizarre fact that the four domestic FAs still, rather bizarrely, sit on the rule making body

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Leeds were fined £200k for 'spying' on Derby County training so that sets a benchmark that didn't hurt their supporters

How about deduct 50% of their UEFA payments for a season which has to be spent in the EFL pyramid or grassroots football

Yeah, I'm not necessarily against fines. But not really sure I'm keen on sanctions which will ultimately affect fan enjoyment. Because these 12 clubs knew that they would be the pariah's of the footballing world with these plans, but they were counting on their own fan base's approval for them to have the mandate to go ahead. Had the vast majority of their fans not kicked off, or had even endorsed it, they'd have pushed it through. So I don't think it's right to punish the fans along with the owners. But fines on their revenue, would certainly be a more indirect way of sanctioning the clubs without stifling fan enjoyment.

Just as anecdote, a Chelsea fan brandishing this sign sums up their sentiments and an appreciation of football not all being glitz and glamour

Chelsea fans make brilliant Stoke City point in European Super League  protests - Stoke-on-Trent Live

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

Just as anecdote, a Chelsea fan brandishing this sign sums up their sentiments and an appreciation of football not all being glitz and glamour

Chelsea fans make brilliant Stoke City point in European Super League  protests - Stoke-on-Trent Live

Relegating them to the Championship would scratch that itch. Problem solved?

4 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

I'll re-phrase it for you then, is it because we're foreigners ??

Archived