Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Didn’t we vote against the forming of a Premier League but a two thirds majority won the day?


No - everyone voted didn’t they? Can’t see us turning down the cash even  then

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. You're immediately removed from all domestic competitions and banned from future ones 2. You're immediately removed from international club competitions and banned from future ones 3. You

It's all folding like a deck of cards, hopefully Stretford Fc will stick to their guns and then get fucked off by the FA. 

If only we (people and the collective media) could do the same when it comes to things like, oh I don't know - maybe the health secretary bunging his mates and his sister millions of our pounds?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ackey said:

Not a fucking chance. The only reason UEFA gave a fuck in the first place was the that they lost access to the cash-cows. There's not a chance anyone will be banned from Europe or be given enough of a points deduction to stop them getting there.

 

This is the same as what people were saying yesterday - this isn't revolution, it's evolution. There's no winners here, just lesser evils.  

 

Again, I don't think we should be happy about any of this. FIFA and UEFA are corrupt shithouses of people just as self-serving and malicious as any of the ESL clubs and their plans. If anyone thinks that Aleksander Čeferin or Gianni Infantino are the good guys here then they need their head checking. 

 

God no. That's not as important as this shit. /s

I agree with your assessment regarding FIFA and UEFA. They are certainly not the good guys. I can't stand them, because of their anti English agenda. Part of the problem with the European competitions is they have pandered too much to the big clubs. To the point where they devalued their own competitions. Hence the the need to roll them back to pre 2000's criteria. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tGWB said:

 

or even 'supposed custodians' of lower league football clubs who are slowly strangling them to death maybe 

Don't you mean slowly slowly strangling them to death. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of the Trust buying another 48% stake in the club  from AL making it 51/49 in the fans favour?

Edited by BP1960
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

I can't stand them, because of their anti English agenda. 

 

Honest question, why do you think that is?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Matt said:

 

Honest question, why do you think that is?


please dont drag us down the ‘we should be ashamed of ourselves for once being the largest Empire the world has ever known’ road Matt


Best to concentrate on football matters cos its not like everything at our club is rosey is it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Any chance of the Trust buying another 48% stake in the club high AL making it 51/49 in the fans favour?

 

Seems unlikely if we sells it would be the full lot and he'd probably want the majority if not all the money back he has pissed up the wall back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Didn’t we vote against the forming of a Premier League but a two thirds majority won the day?


I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that we were going to vote against it, but David Sheepshanks talked Ian Stott round..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeP said:


I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that we were going to vote against it, but David Sheepshanks talked Ian Stott round..


Possibly with the offer of a generous Premier League pension scheme.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Only Real, Barcelona and Juventus left now - going to be a cracker!!

One more goes and it will be like the Boat Race with the same two teams making the final every season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

Each team has lost its £8million equity after pulling out. Perez has swindled £80million from his biggest rivals without doing a damn thing

Classic con trick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

Each team has lost its £8million equity after pulling out. Perez has swindled £80million from his biggest rivals without doing a damn thing

 

They may not be able to buy a third choice left back

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Only Real, Barcelona and Juventus left now - going to be a cracker!!

 

Barcelona have indicated they are pulling out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve often thought that fans of these “big teams” would be completely on board with a break off league, certainly because most of them are seen to be “armchair” fans who’s relationship with football is solely one of entertainment. It’s easy to assume these fans would lap up the prospect of seeing the “elite v elite” every week and to hell with the rest of us. But to be fair the this issue hasn’t even been divisive, it’s been completely rebuked by the vast majority of fans of those 6 clubs and given that these fans have stood up with the rest of football against this, I don’t want to see any sanctions to those clubs directly in terms of points deductions or expulsion from competitions. 
 

Although the owners should be barred from football activity for life.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

 But to be fair the this issue hasn’t even been divisive, it’s been completely rebuked by the vast majority of fans of those 6 clubs and given that these fans have stood up with the rest of football against this, I don’t want to see any sanctions to those clubs directly in terms of points deductions or expulsion from competitions. 
 

Although the owners should be barred from football activity for life.

 

 

Leeds were fined £200k for 'spying' on Derby County training so that sets a benchmark that didn't hurt their supporters

 

How about deduct 50% of their UEFA payments for a season which has to be spent in the EFL pyramid or grassroots football

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matt said:

 

Honest question, why do you think that is?

That's a good question and I don't know why. That's a question for them. But there's been enough examples of this over the years.

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Is it ..........because they're foreigners ??🙄

I don't know what you're insinuating? Maybe I don't want to know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

That's a good question and I don't know why. That's a question for them. But there's been enough examples of this over the years.

I don't know what you're insinuating? Maybe I don't want to know.

 

I think during the times of Platini running UEFA and Blatter running FIFA then their was plenty of anti English sentiment particularly around the 2018 world cup bid. Both those 2 got shown up as being corrupt parasites though.

 

However Im not sure their is still the same anti English sentiment now. Though Im not particularly confident in either organisation to reign in the big clubs in this instance which is probably whats required.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

I think during the times of Platini running UEFA and Blatter running FIFA then their was plenty of anti English sentiment particularly around the 2018 world cup bid. Both those 2 got shown up as being corrupt parasites though.

 

However Im not sure their is still the same anti English sentiment now. Though Im not particularly confident in either organisation to reign in the big clubs in this instance which is probably whats required.

 

Plenty of anti UK sentiment based on the rather bizarre fact that the four domestic FAs still, rather bizarrely, sit on the rule making body

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tGWB said:

 

Leeds were fined £200k for 'spying' on Derby County training so that sets a benchmark that didn't hurt their supporters

 

How about deduct 50% of their UEFA payments for a season which has to be spent in the EFL pyramid or grassroots football

 

 

 

Yeah, I'm not necessarily against fines. But not really sure I'm keen on sanctions which will ultimately affect fan enjoyment. Because these 12 clubs knew that they would be the pariah's of the footballing world with these plans, but they were counting on their own fan base's approval for them to have the mandate to go ahead. Had the vast majority of their fans not kicked off, or had even endorsed it, they'd have pushed it through. So I don't think it's right to punish the fans along with the owners. But fines on their revenue, would certainly be a more indirect way of sanctioning the clubs without stifling fan enjoyment.

 

Just as anecdote, a Chelsea fan brandishing this sign sums up their sentiments and an appreciation of football not all being glitz and glamour

 

Chelsea fans make brilliant Stoke City point in European Super League  protests - Stoke-on-Trent Live

Edited by PlayItLivo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

 

Just as anecdote, a Chelsea fan brandishing this sign sums up their sentiments and an appreciation of football not all being glitz and glamour

 

Chelsea fans make brilliant Stoke City point in European Super League  protests - Stoke-on-Trent Live

Relegating them to the Championship would scratch that itch. Problem solved?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

That's a good question and I don't know why. That's a question for them. But there's been enough examples of this over the years.

I don't know what you're insinuating? Maybe I don't want to know.

I'll re-phrase it for you then, is it because we're foreigners ??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...