Stick or twist?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

He gets them into the play-offs but gets binned off by the bin dippers.  crazy. 

It is even stranger when you read the Chairman's comments on the BBC.

"I have to do what I think gives us the best chance of achieving promotion in those games and I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that means making the change before the semi-finals begin."

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

That’s what I thought too but the response on social media from their fans is overwhelmingly happy. What had he done wrong?

35 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

It is even stranger when you read the Chairman's comments on the BBC.

"I have to do what I think gives us the best chance of achieving promotion in those games and I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that means making the change before the semi-finals begin."

An ex Latics player of some pedigree told me Palios is a real knob.

5 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

The retained list should be out today, hopefully curle has told most they wont be back july 1st for pre season training. 

ITK, or just hoping?

I'm keen to see the list and hopefully how short it is.

48 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

That’s what I thought too but the response on social media from their fans is overwhelmingly happy. What had he done wrong?

Played shite football... Lost the dressing room... allegedly involved in a big bust up with a couple of senior players... Bizarre and aggressive post match interviews... Massive ego...

That's about the general view on social media/forums

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

2 wins in 11

Strange, awful interviews where players and 'fickle' fans get thrown under the bus

Awful January transfer window when we were in a position of strength. Notlob on the other hand recruited well hence a 17 point swing

Our star player signalled to come off at 3-0 up in a game as he was in pain. He leaves him on. 20 minutes later he limps off and is hardly seen again

Attempting to justify our demotion last season in his bizarre final interview on Saturday (it's not my fault)

Didn't rotate the squad when we had 3 games a week for about seven or eight straight weeks

Would have finished 8th had there been one more week of the season

I get that it's different with managers and you lot cos Abdallah and his brother make it nigh on impossible but here he had a strong hand, a squad that only needed 'salt and pepper' as he said and money in January to get what he wanted and he blew it. 

If Curle goes no doubt he'll be linked but trust me he's damaged goods now and you wouldn't want him

8 minutes ago, planetarydeadlock said:

2 wins in 11

Strange, awful interviews where players and 'fickle' fans get thrown under the bus

Awful January transfer window when we were in a position of strength. Notlob on the other hand recruited well hence a 17 point swing

Our star player signalled to come off at 3-0 up in a game as he was in pain. He leaves him on. 20 minutes later he limps off and is hardly seen again

Attempting to justify our demotion last season in his bizarre final interview on Saturday (it's not my fault)

Didn't rotate the squad when we had 3 games a week for about seven or eight straight weeks

I get that it's different with managers and you lot cos Abdallah and his brother make it nigh on impossible but here he had a strong hand, a squad that only needed 'salt and pepper' as he said and money in January to get what he wanted and he blew it. 

If Curle goes no doubt he'll be linked but trust me he's damaged goods now and you wouldn't want him

yes l put a bit of money on you boyz but could see the decline so switched 3/4's of it to bolton just in time. The cash slightly, slightly not atall dulls the pain when l see things happen.

Lettin the rest of the money ride with you as insurance (see above) as basically a free hit bc bolton have paid for it a few times over. The cunts.

3 hours ago, planetarydeadlock said:

2 wins in 11

Well, that does explain a lot. I actually never liked him and wouldn't want him here (he wouldn't last two minutes under our owners). Always acted like a bit of a dick whenever we played his teams. 

I would say good luck, but i'm selfish and enjoy playing the Trannies.

21 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Played shite football... Lost the dressing room... allegedly involved in a big bust up with a couple of senior players... Bizarre and aggressive post match interviews... Massive ego...

That's about the general view on social media/forums

Still thinks he’s at Rochdale and can play God at every club he goes to. 

23 hours ago, planetarydeadlock said:

2 wins in 11

Really interesting insight, thanks.

If Curle rocked up at your place, would you be happy with him?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I've mellowed a bit now. Cautiously optimistic...

That’s what pre season does - 5 weeks and you’ll be convinced we are winning the league until Ashton dick us in a friendly and we get Salford away for the opening game 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone thought the owners would let a manager have free reign they were kidding themselves. They've not exactly shown the level of faith in managers or acknowledged the weaknesses in their own recruitment that would give any credence to that kind of change of approach.

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

If anyone thought the owners would let a manager have free reign they were kidding themselves. They've not exactly shown the level of faith in managers or acknowledged the weaknesses in their own recruitment that would give any credence to that kind of change of approach.

Oh they can't change how they would go about things. That type of things requires rationale and intelligence expect another piss poor summer of recruitment the odd good signing will get a few people giddy followed by a season where we underperform on the pitch and off the pitch we lurch from one crisis to the next.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

"I know players, I know what I can get out of players, I know players that are under achieving that haven't achieved, so it's finding a way of working together and sharing that information and then making the right decisions for the betterment of the football club and the football team.""I know players, I know what I can get out of players, I know players that are under achieving that haven't achieved, so it's finding a way of working together and sharing that information and then making the right decisions for the betterment of the football club and the football team."

Does that mean we won't see any players who haven't played in British football, which KC doesn't know? That's how we will know who wins the argument. He appears to be telling Mo  to have the discussion and then accept that KC Knows best. I hear cuckoos.

KC was answering a direct question and just saying how it SHOULD work.....how it actually works in practice will be more likely;

"Hi Mo, did you have a chance to look at my dossier on those 3 English targets that have done a great job at other clubs in this league and I believe will fit perfectly in to my overall plan + are more or less in our budget?"...."Yes Mr Curley, very interesting dossier, thank you. I'm glad you called, I'd like to introduce you to our new signing Jean-Baptiste who has just flown in from Luxembourg where he has been performing very well in the 2nd Division"

Archived