Stick or twist?

He also says “The football club’s had eight managers in three years, they can’t all be bad managers."

We all know that. The one thing in common is the person doing the recruitment. No doubt KC has told him this. Whether it went down well or not is another matter.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, al_bro said:

He also says “The football club’s had eight managers in three years, they can’t all be bad managers."

We all know that. The one thing in common is the person doing the recruitment. No doubt KC has told him this. Whether it went down well or not is another matter.

One constant on the seasonal retained list...Mo.

Curle’s a decent manager and has a good idea what is needed but no way under current ownership will he get 100% his way and for that reason promotion is very unlikely. I can’t see them changing their ways and recruitment will be average to poor again. It’s going to be difficult to replace mcaleny and mcalmont just to stay 17th next year. As long as we stay up I take it as a major positive until we can get some new owners in who will run it the correct way 

2 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Curle’s a decent manager and has a good idea what is needed but no way under current ownership will he get 100% his way and for that reason promotion is very unlikely. I can’t see them changing their ways and recruitment will be average to poor again. It’s going to be difficult to replace mcaleny and mcalmont just to stay 17th next year. As long as we stay up I take it as a major positive until we can get some new owners in who will run it the correct way 

This.  Love to see positivity but there's little basis in reason to think that we'll be pushing up at the top end next season.

31 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Their tenure is a bit like you hire a competent electrician and he says "be careful that wire's live" but you chuck a bit of water on it just to make sure.

Just let the professionals do their job !

A bit like the quote from the electrician currently refitting all lights and sockets in the house I moved into recently - 'Did you buy the house from the executors of whoever fitted this shite'?!

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Excluding the youth there's only CBJ, Jombati, McAleny, Barnes, Woods and Bilboe to extend or release!

(Forgot Ntambwe and so should the club!)

CBJ can only be kept as a wing back, will never make a full back as long as he has a hole in his arse. Bilboe, Barnes and Woods need to be given a chance or released. I'd keep McAleny if he can stay off the treatment bench and Jambutty and the countdown conundrum should be on the first bus!

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Is that the same McAleny who has played 42 games so far this season? 😉

*only DKD, on 43, has played more

Yes, sorry my bad grammar that's what I meant, please keep him off the bench, not that he had been on it.

4 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

CBJ can only be kept as a wing back, will never make a full back as long as he has a hole in his arse. Bilboe, Barnes and Woods need to be given a chance or released. I'd keep McAleny if he can stay off the treatment bench and Jambutty and the countdown conundrum should be on the first bus!

None of the so called full backs brought in can defend. They are all safer at wing back. Why Kewell played 4 at the back I don't know.

21 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

mcaleney will have plenty of offers better than ours after scoring 17 goals.  It won’t be a case of us deciding on whether we keep him he’ll be gone 

7 hours ago, Careca9 said:

mcaleney will have plenty of offers better than ours after scoring 17 goals.  It won’t be a case of us deciding on whether we keep him he’ll be gone 

Don't forget we still have Dearnley who should be fit next season. A far better player IMO.

I think we sometimes don't value players enough who can get through a season without injuries

It's a lot easier to score 17 goals if you play 40 games than if you play 10.

Dearnley is a talent, but it's only useful to us if he can play.  Hopefully we'll get more out of him next season, now we aren't rushing him back early from injury like last time.

Archived