Stick or twist?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Oldham and Keith Curle still in talks over longer-term deal | The Oldham Times

“It’s not just a case of ‘do you want to stay, we’ll pay you this much’, there’s a hell of a lot more that goes into.

“It’s getting the direction the football club wants to go in and needs to go in and putting in place things that you’re going to need on that journey.

“Everybody has to be aligned and it has to be the right decision for everybody, and within that it has to be as clear and as decisive as you can make it, and that helps an upward curve, when everybody’s got an accountability for what they’re responsible for and not shying away from it.

“I’ve always said if you’re a manager or head coach you’re directly responsible for results and make sure that you’re accountable for them.

It's pretty clear what the sticking points are.

Same talk from Dino and Harry Kewell.. 

19 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

I get a feeling KC will end up at another club for next season, very hard to read in his interviews,probably hanging out for a while and see what offers come his way...I could be wrong.. I wouldn't be overly fussed tbh..

He's the first manager who we've had for a while who might be in demand by teams at this level who are without a manager this summer.  Especially as he's out of contract.

I'll be fussed because I don't see us getting an upgrade.

6 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

He's the first manager who we've had for a while who might be in demand by teams at this level who are without a manager this summer.  Especially as he's out of contract.

Really? Like who...?

1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Barrow? Nope, that's about it.

Can't see Salford wanting him. Have Barrow not appointed Kelly as their permanent manager? The best Curle could hope for away from BP this summer is getting a "big" Conference club and trying to get them up next season. He will be here...

curle will not be hear next season while these frauds are still at the club🤡, Fair play to curle for his latest comments about the attitude of these so called footballers who these clowns have brought to the club 🤦🏻‍♂️

There's no way Curle is in demand from anyone. Judging from these soundbites he obviously doesn't understand our fanbase, straight talking does not go down well, we need someone delusional to tap into the Bovis market.

12 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

curle will not be hear next season while these frauds are still at the club🤡, Fair play to curle for his latest comments about the attitude of these so called footballers who these clowns have brought to the club 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yet he didn't criticise the one who recruited these so called footballers.

I wonder why not?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yet he didn't criticise the one who recruited these so called footballers.

I wonder why not?

I know you’re retired but calling your bosses brother a cunt in the media is not really a good career move 

He has certainly heavily implied it though many times 

18 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Sadly I don’t think it makes a blind bit of difference 

It doesn't no.

Despite the fact a few fans were hoping lessons had been learned at the start of the season its clear the way season has panned out no lessons have been learned at all.

Especially when you consider Jameson Fage and Diarra have been offered new deals for next season 3 players who couldn't hold down regular starting spots in the worst defence in the league then nothing is going to change.

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Go all out for Derek Adams. It won't take much to prise him away from Morecambe...

As impressive a job as he's done there so far, I think it would be a sideways move (at best) for Adams and a sideways move for us from Curle.  He's a very similar type of manager to Curle but he'd have to make his own assessment of the club which Curle has done for the previous 14 games.

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Really? Like who...?

Funnily enough if Forest Green don't go up I wouldn't be surprised if he was on their list.  If he hadn't been sacked at Northampton that would be the type of club that would looking to get him to get them back up.  Similar with Swindon although they might be in an even worse state than us.

He has a promotion from this league and has made the playoffs on a couple of occasions.  If he's unattached I could see another club at this level taking a punt.

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I know you’re retired but calling your bosses brother a cunt in the media is not really a good career move 

He has certainly heavily implied it though many times 

I wouldn't have put it quite that way, but it would smash the yes man theory to bits.🙂

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

There's no way Curle is in demand from anyone. Judging from these soundbites he obviously doesn't understand our fanbase, straight talking does not go down well, we need someone delusional to tap into the Bovis market.

FULL AUTONOMY...

The rumour I hear is the KC is a step back into the dark ages where football management/coaching is concerned.

Most clubs have a meeting of coaches sports science and medical. The training is then planned taking into consideration individual needs. We had that with HK.  Apparently CK just turned up and made it up.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

The rumour I hear is the KC is a step back into the dark ages where football management/coaching is concerned.

Most clubs have a meeting of coaches sports science and medical. The training is then planned taking into consideration individual needs. We had that with HK.  Apparently CK just turned up and made it up.

I think "dark age" football is what we need in this division. 

Getting really shit footballers to try and play it out from the back, for example, isn't going to get us anywhere..

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Do you mean the dark ages when Latics were in the Premier League?

That will do for me.

32 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Do you mean the dark ages when Latics were in the Premier League?

That will do for me.

The way our defence has played this season, i do wonder whether we have returned to the drinking culture that was also a part of our golden age.

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

HK- ‘Everyone concedes goals’ sounds really sports sciensy. 

Archived