MATCH: vs Grimsby Town (H) 24/04/21

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

I appreciate your next day reflections of what went on Big Dog, more balanced than the prose we hammer out on Saturday afternoon.

Pride and passion badly lacking from our side, I dont agree that we came second best to a battling side. Think it was Mikey in commentary during the first few minutes who described Grimsby as playing for a least a point, or looking to nick a win with counter attacking play.

They didnt put us under sustained pressure, we were hopeless in possession, then let them have a few unchallenged strikes.

Fair to criticise KC for subs which weakened the side but the performance warranted dropping at least three at half time.

Our subs arent up to it, we know.

As for wishing the end of season to come, I know much of it has been dire, but the topics we are left with are WTF is happening with the North Stand? player recruitment/retention, manager falling out with owner .... proper depressing stuff.

Also, without a game on Saturday, I have even less justification for not helping with the garden.

Manager falling out with owner!

Where’s that come from?

8 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Thrown one in his net, twice been at fault for goals in games we've lost by one goal and been injured.  All in a short spell.

He's a disaster.

Like plenty of keepers at this kind of level then. Bilboe seems to be another player who gets better the more he doesn't play.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Irony - as in I can’t understand why we are playing a injured on loan goalkeeping coach instead of our contracted back up 

27 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Like plenty of keepers at this kind of level then. Bilboe seems to be another player who gets better the more he doesn't play.

I don’t think anyone is saying that - it’s just that it would have been an opportunity for Curle to actually see him in action in a game. 

Likewise with Chapman. 

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I don’t think anyone is saying that - it’s just that it would have been an opportunity for Curle to actually see him in action in a game. 

Likewise with Chapman. 

Presumably he has seen enough in training and videos to know he isn't going to be the one for him.

Equally poor performances from both sides, I thought. Could easily have swung the other way on another day. 

Too many below-par performances and some pretty baffling substitutions cost us in the end. The ease with which their players strolled into goalscoring positions unchallenged for both goals is alarming - might as well have rolled out the red carpet.

4 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Thrown one in his net, twice been at fault for goals in games we've lost by one goal and been injured.  All in a short spell.

He's a disaster.

The standard of keeping across the league is shocking. To say he has been a disaster is abit OTT. I don’t think he is as bad as most in this league. 

6 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Equally poor performances from both sides, I thought. Could easily have swung the other way on another day. 

Too many below-par performances and some pretty baffling substitutions cost us in the end. The ease with which their players strolled into goalscoring positions unchallenged for both goals is alarming - might as well have rolled out the red carpet.

I think it was an end of season game. Half the players won’t be here next season and the manager yesterday seemed to me to believe he won’t be here, hence no real need to win.   I think that is why he subbed players to allow most a run out. 

I suspect Curl has submitted to the absent Mo, his wage demands for next season and the fact that he wants control of recruiting.  I’m guessing he isn’t stupid and will know that isn’t going to happen.  

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You learn more about a player, be it good or otherwise, when they're on the pitch.

Perhaps he just needed confirmation of his opinions. 

Doesn't seem to apply to Grant or Jambotti though.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

A quick side question. Not worthy of it’s own thread. 

Swindon and Bristol Rovers have been confirmed as relegated with 2 games left. Yet,  Swindon are 4 points off safety and Rovers are six points from safety. 

What am I missing??? 

Swindon are 8 points from safety, Bristol 10 points. Apart from that you are right. 

20 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Alas no bungee jumps from Roy.

Grimsby lost tonight and are relegated.

Seems the pathetic loss to Grimsby was an elaborate plan just to compound their agony by giving them a false hope...or maybe Latics were just that shite.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived