BPAS PODCAST: 26th Apr '21 Episode 32: A Stronger Foundation?

Trust Oldham is now Foundation Oldham. It has worked out a Memorandum of Understanding with the club and has released it's strategy for the future. Matt is joined by Jason Flynn, Tracey Wright and Mark Harrington from the Foundation Oldham board top discuss the strategy and the future for the rebranded group.

Please help us do the work we do by visiting www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing and looking in our online shop. We'll be adding more products in the coming weeks and months and would be grateful if you purchased the odd one or two to show your support!

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Learn more about The FSA by visiting https://thefsa.org.uk/

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.

I am not happy with Matt. I told him to dub my voice as Angelina Jolie..hehe.

I was actually more nervous about doing this than standing up in a room of 150 latics fans..how weird.

I did waffle on too

Sorry if my voice is like nails on a chalk board.

Good listen as per. The foundation seems eager to at least be proactive and raise funds for the future. I am still skeptical if any meaningful funds can be raised, without any high worth individuals involved,  but let’s wait and see. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

'suffers from legacy issue'.  Ain't that the truth.  Best of luck in turning that round to all involved.

Very true. I have a lot of time for two of the board members in particular, but most of those on the board have been involved in the past, therefore are partly responsible for the "legacy issue"...

It does seem like the penny has finally dropped with some of them. Problem is it's all well and good saying we can't look back, but if they had been more pro-active when it first became apparent what was happening at the club, they would be 3 years into their "contingency plan" if the great man decided to pull his money...

19 hours ago, singe said:

We should wait until the owner gets bored, or runs out of money.

Aren't both happening now?

Failing that if the Arsenal bidding consortium fails, offer them Latics at a 10th of the price.😀

52 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Aren't both happening now?

Failing that if the Arsenal bidding consortium fails, offer them Latics at a 10th of the price.😀

We won't get any interest from the CEO of Spotify, knowing our luck we'd get interest from Kodak.

1 hour ago, singe said:

We won't get any interest from the CEO of Spotify, knowing our luck we'd get interest from Kodak.

According to The Time today his bid isn't being taken seriously because he has only tweeted twice about Arsenal and has never tweeted the word 'Gunners'.

I'm not sure that 'Oh FFS' really covers it

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

According to The Time today his bid isn't being taken seriously because he has only tweeted twice about Arsenal and has never tweeted the word 'Gunners'.

I'm not sure that 'Oh FFS' really covers it

Really?!

On the positive side, we're still in with a shout then...!
I'm not sure I want to sell out to be Spotify Athletic playing at Spotland.......🤢

Archived