MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (A) 01/05/21

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barry Bosnian said:

To be fair it's more often than not only our commentary which isn't on, probably when Roy forgets to plug the mic in...

A lot of teams don't use iFollow because it's so poor; they use local radio instead. I know that the system frequently shows that Mike and Roy are connected, but nothing is coming out. iFollow are supposed to message commentators when there's a drop out, but they rarely do so, if the console is lit up, there's no way of knowing that they're off air until someone texts or rings them. I know that other clubs have frequently had similar problems.

Just now, Barry Bosnian said:

Goalkeeper's nowhere near good enough for this level, surely he'll be gone at the end of the season.

At least he's only on loan. There must be plenty of decent keepers who will be looking for a club in the summer. It could be an indicator of how our recruitment policy goes.

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

Mcaleney scores there!!! 

Definitely. To be fair, Dearnley looks ring rusty. Barnes is getting around the pitch and Garrity is having a good half (did i actually say that...sorry).

Pitch is terrible.

32 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Goalkeeper's nowhere near good enough for this level, surely he'll be gone at the end of the season.

Can't believe how much he gets defended on here, 10 games in and he's been Sunday league level in half of them.  We can't expect anything next season if he's throwing away 9 points in every 30.

Lawlor punches a ball from a corner and half in here want to drop him.  Crazy.

Over ran in midfield, story of the season. Garrity is piss poor. Defence weak as piss, with Clarke in particularly useless. GK simply isn’t good enough for the football league. Barnes tries hard, but has little to no quality, not good enough in my opinion. I’ll give Dearnley benefit of doubt after 4 months out, but he looks rusty. Big season for him next season, has to stay fit for long periods or his career at this level is over in my opinion. I want to see more from Adams too, he should be much better than he has been recently. CBJ too inconsistent and i’d be looking to improve that position next season. 

Trying to be philosophical about this.

Experimental side, starting with Zak when he has been out for 4 months, Calum without support, with Marcus Barnes and Ben Garrity seemingly on trial for next season.

Pitch is awful, yet we try to dribble out from the back, just daft.

Nothing on the game really but a heavy defeat does nothing for morale.

Surely a hatful of changes at half time.

The much criticised Laurie Walker has made a few good stops.

Well that was shocking. Imo all down to 1 player, Garrity! Whelan clearly doesn't trust him, so its hindering whelans game so he cant control the game. Garrity has loads of the ball but doesn't do anythin with it. Then runs straight back dragging the whole team back so far that its congested for the defence and the front 3 are having to drop into their own half to have a touch. Then the pitch hinders them gettin forward again. Although I cant understand how weve got 4 of the back 5 all out of position for no reason at all. Jameson second guessing everytime he's got the ball coz hes on the wrong side and clarke doesnt no where to be. Just as it happens they were at fault for the goals. Cbj wasted where he is and adams always has to cut in and theyve worked that out. Tactical failure and havin a look at players is just making our season petre out

4 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Can't believe how much he gets defended on here, 10 games in and he's been Sunday league level in half of them.  We can't expect anything next season if he's throwing away 9 points in every 30.

Lawlor punches a ball from a corner and half in here want to drop him.  Crazy.

I find this baffling too. I see similar comments on social media too. I’m not Lawlor’s biggest fan and I believe we should aim for a better GK next season, but he’s head and shoulders better than this guy on loan now, who is nowhere near FL level.

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Over ran in midfield, story of the season. Garrity is piss poor. Defence weak as piss, with Clarke in particularly useless. GK simply isn’t good enough for the football league. Barnes tries hard, but has little to no quality, not good enough in my opinion. I’ll give Dearnley benefit of doubt after 4 months out, but he looks rusty. Big season for him next season, has to stay fit for long periods or his career at this level is over in my opinion. I want to see more from Adams too, he should be much better than he has been recently. CBJ too inconsistent and i’d be looking to improve that position next season. 

And the invisible man McAleny who knows he hasn't got to put any effort in.

Archived