MATCH: vs Mansfield Town (A) 01/05/21

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I'm sure some of these players are making imaginary sandcastles. They've certainly not bothered turning up for the last couple of games.

Given the state of the pitch, some are clearly making real ones

Just now, Bristolatic said:

Because he hasn't got enough quality players to motivate.

Players of lesser quality can put the effort in at least, no excuse for that non performance.

Thankfully I haven't paid to watch today and I don't mean to sound like the harbinger of doom but if Latics lose the final game, Grimsby and/or Southend win theirs, we go into administration and we get demoted. Just saying.

Too many Latics' players can't do the basics well enough. Mansfield cruised through without having to do anything special. All their players were able to make simple passes, keep the ball and find space to play. Latics just rush everything without the technique.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Well who will be the next manager? Looks to me like Curle doesn't want to be here. 

I'm sure he would want to be here next season, with his own players. Managers want to manage Football league clubs, it's what they do. 

Awful.

We conspired to make a mediocre side look excellent, Mansfield were comfortable all game.

Just the one positive for me, Zak cake back, looked good, albeit rusty and should have taken the early chance. 

Nothing else to feel good about today. The season is definitely over.

Just off field nonsense to talk about now, in spite of the results, still hoping KC stays.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

I think you mean who would be daft enough to want the job.

Always yes men about who will talk the talk, but the result will be the same as long as the  clueless Mo is in charge of team affairs.

1 minute ago, Mayfield said:

Awful.

We conspired to make a mediocre side look excellent, Mansfield were comfortable all game.

Just the one positive for me, Zak cake back, looked good, albeit rusty and should have taken the early chance. 

Nothing else to feel good about today. The season is definitely over.

Just off field nonsense to talk about now, in spite of the results, still hoping KC stays.

If KC stays it won't change anything, it showed today he can't motivate ordinary players to put the effort in, and what he will have next season is probably  worse players.

Archived