League Tables 01.05.2021

Some bright spark managed 8 points, but the average was 3 or 4. With the Latics' unpredictability, there's another real mix of predictions. Only one promotion is confirmed and not every relegation is a certainty just yet, so the ups and downs mostly go down to Saturday's match against Forest Green Rovers.

Everyone's predictions here - Filter Match 45

Everyone's match points here - Filter Match 45

Premier League

@lookersstandandy's 4 points was the best in the division, which moves him up another place to 4th. @Hometownclub's lead at the top is cut to a single point as @Latics and England puts the pressure on. There's no change to the bottom four and @youngen is relegated.

Premier League Table

Championship

Four points by @Handsy takes him to within touching distance of automatic promotion. @LaticsPete moves into the play-offs at the expense of @south east latic, but the play-offs are still mathematically possible for anyone down to 11th. Relegation for @Latics_Fanatic and @HarryBosch is confirmed, but @Oafc1895 can still escape.

Championship Table

League 1

@oafc21's 5 points take him up to 9th, but no promotion or play-off place is guaranteed with no change to the top eight. It all goes down to the last match, although relegation is decided with the bottom three all down to League 2 next season. The only other player to move was @Dick_Valentine, who dropped to 10th and even he could make the play-offs.

League 1 Table

League 2

It was @futchers briefs who collected the 8 points, keeping him firmly in 3rd place. Only four players changed position, but the final play-off places go down to the wire, even @laticsrblue in with a shout in 10th place. @RobinsDuckEgg is definitely promoted. Unless there's some sort of humungous membership next season, there's no relegation.

League 2 Table

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

It’s shit or bust to retain this title now. I’ve got to go all out.

Don't worry if the season gets called off tomorrow, you will be declared the winner. In most people's eyes last season was void. Only a desperate person would have claimed a win last season. 

Have to say the Premier league title looks like could possibly be decided on goal difference, it's fine margins this year, no attendance points has really concertined things. Chapeau to all the players across all divisions for another magnificent charity fund raising year. Also big thanks to Metty, Bristol and Stevie for all their efforts. Hopefully next season will be a normal one. 

17 hours ago, disjointed said:

Have to say the Premier league title looks like could possibly be decided on goal difference, it's fine margins this year, no attendance points has really concertined things. Chapeau to all the players across all divisions for another magnificent charity fund raising year. Also big thanks to Metty, Bristol and Stevie for all their efforts. Hopefully next season will be a normal one. 

There's a particular racing commentator that uses that phrase when he means the field has tightened up - it makes me scream at the screen every time as it could equally mean that the field has stretched out -because that's what concertinas do!

Aaaaaannnnnd, relax!

18 hours ago, disjointed said:

Don't worry if the season gets called off tomorrow, you will be declared the winner. In most people's eyes last season was void. Only a desperate person would have claimed a win last season. 

I have 1 asterix, you have none. Ends.

On 5/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, disjointed said:

6 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I have 1 asterix, you have none. Ends.

I wondered when the mind games would start. 😁

On 5/3/2021 at 2:51 PM, Bristolatic said:

Some bright spark managed 8 points, but the average was 3 or 4. With the Latics' unpredictability, there's another real mix of predictions. Only one promotion is confirmed and not every relegation is a certainty just yet, so the ups and downs mostly go down to Saturday's match against Forest Green Rovers.

Everyone's predictions here - Filter Match 45

Everyone's match points here - Filter Match 45

Premier League

@lookersstandandy's 4 points was the best in the division, which moves him up another place to 4th. @Hometownclub's lead at the top is cut to a single point as @Latics and England puts the pressure on. There's no change to the bottom four and @youngen is relegated.

Premier League Table

Championship

Four points by @Handsy takes him to within touching distance of automatic promotion. @LaticsPete moves into the play-offs at the expense of @south east latic, but the play-offs are still mathematically possible for anyone down to 11th. Relegation for @Latics_Fanatic and @HarryBosch is confirmed, but @Oafc1895 can still escape.

Championship Table

League 1

@oafc21's 5 points take him up to 9th, but no promotion or play-off place is guaranteed with no change to the top eight. It all goes down to the last match, although relegation is decided with the bottom three all down to League 2 next season. The only other player to move was @Dick_Valentine, who dropped to 10th and even he could make the play-offs.

League 1 Table

League 2

It was @futchers briefs who collected the 8 points, keeping him firmly in 3rd place. Only four players changed position, but the final play-off places go down to the wire, even @laticsrblue in with a shout in 10th place. @RobinsDuckEgg is definitely promoted. Unless there's some sort of humungous membership next season, there's no relegation.

League 2 Table

Here’s hoping I’m safe from relegation - even if only through default 

My source tells me Milnrow Latic is feeling the stress. Unsure as to whether to go for a bold prediction in the hope he will harvest bumper points from an unexpected result or to stick with his usual  3-1 . Tough times for the relegation favourite. 

17 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

My source tells me Milnrow Latic is feeling the stress. Unsure as to whether to go for a bold prediction in the hope he will harvest bumper points from an unexpected result or to stick with his usual  3-1 . Tough times for the relegation favourite. 

He's got to treat it like a cup game against @JohnnyPimphasn't he? Meanwhile, it's tight in those play offs spots isn't it Pete? Imagine how you'll feel if you miss out and @milnrow laticsescapes?

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

He's got to treat it like a cup game against @JohnnyPimphasn't he? Meanwhile, it's tight in those play offs spots isn't it Pete? Imagine how you'll feel if you miss out and @milnrow laticsescapes?

I’ve spent the last few weeks trying to dig myself out of a ‘forgetting to predict’ hole.

It’s certainly squeaky bum time for Milnrow, SAV and me.

Archived