BPAS PODCAST: 3rd May '21 Episode 33: Enough is Enough

So, here we are again, one game of the season left to play after a 4-1 thumping away to Mansfield Town. The highest we can finish is 17th, the lowest is 19th. Enough is enough.

Please help us do the work we do by visiting www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing and looking in our online shop. We'll be adding more products in the coming weeks and months and would be grateful if you purchased the odd one or two to show your support!

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.

• Matt featured this topic
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

and responded?

Not directly, however via a member of the pod team, he said he wasn't sure he'd have much to add......

2 hours ago, BPAS said:

Not directly, however via a member of the pod team, he said he wasn't sure he'd have much to add......

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/june/12062019-new-board-appointment/

What a waste of time he’s proven to be 

Additionally he’s been a Consultant at Accenture, Barclays and Ernst & Young. His knowledge and track record in both business strategy and operational management means he brings a fresh approach to the club as it looks to move forward.

"So, whilst I know this is going to be a challenging role, I’m very excited to be asked to bring some of my expertise and business know-how as we try to build the club in-line with the vision Abdallah has outlined."

26 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Or maybe he has helped to keep the club out of admin with his business acumen?

Perhaps he'd like to tell the fans how he has done that bearing in mind his role is fan representative i.e. its his actual job?

It's very odd.  I know one person who expressed interest in the role that he took and who ran screaming from the building having met the owner. Struggling to understand the motivation for taking the role as a 'fan representative'.  That's an  interesting form of words (taken from the club's press release).  It does not suggest that he is representing fans as a group and therefore there is no particular reason why he should be communicating with and taking soundings from fans widely - he appears to be there just as someone who is a fan and [presumably is seen to have some useful skills.

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Has he actually ever tried to communicate with fans in any capacity ? 

No - he didn’t even say a single word at the forum.

in fact had I not seen him there I would question if he even existed at all.

Even KE wasn’t sure what he did when I asked 

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We have a history of this type. I seem to remember a lady Anna Kochran or something similar. Very impressive CV. But she only seemed to exist as a name. 

Then again, when Baz is the yardstick I’d imagine they’ll let most people join if you do the butty run. 

53 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

How was he elected ? Surely us fans should vote on who gets to be our representative? 

Archived