BPAS PODCAST: 3rd May '21 Episode 33: Enough is Enough

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

How was he elected ? Surely us fans should vote on who gets to be our representative? 

He isn't the fans' representative; he's a fan representative,  Subtly but fundamentally different.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Is that really the best response he could give?

Maybe he doesn't actually have anything to add. Another interview where a club insider avoids answering questions on the issues we really want to know about would just be a waste of everyone's time. 

The fans are pretty unanimous on where they stand on the way the club is being run. 

The fans have also done enough round-the-table nodding to check we're all on the same page this end, so it's time to come up with a plan to make change happen...

17 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No - he didn’t even say a single word at the forum.

He did say a few actually about half way through, albeit not much.... as we watched it back the other day. A transcript of his contribution is here;

"I am a big Oldham fan, I've come in the last 3 months, so I've only been on the board a short period of time. But I came in with a really open mind and all the questions you've got in your mind, about the ambitions for the club, the thought process behind buying it, the money situation, the accounts etc etc. The board meetings are running very well, I agree with that. I wanted to understand the drivers of the board and how it was working, and I'm really happy that everyone who is sat on this board is doing the right things for this club. That doesn't mean it's going to move forward really quickly, or we're suddenly going to get promoted, but there's plans in place, we're talking about the right things, the accounts are getting better, the money's being put in, there's a plan to move forward. So, all the questions I had in my mind in terms of are things being hidden, what's all these stories about past managers, what's the tribunals, I am not going away from the board meetings I've been in thinking, I don't think that person is doing the right thing, or I don't think they've got the right idea. I absolutely believe that Abdallah has the interests of the club at heart, and it's compounded by the fact of everything you've just heard in terms of, who would put that sort of money in and take the abuse that he's getting at the moment if he didn't really believe he could turn it round and push it forward."

He was then asked 2 questions by prominent members of this forum, one about why he wasn't listed as a Director at companies house (at that point in time) and how many board meeting's he'd attended in the 3 months he'd been at the club. Adam Morrallee answered the 1st, saying it was an oversight/mistake, Richard answered the 2nd, saying there had been 2 board meetings in his first 3 months, one on the day of the Fans Forum and one a couple of months earlier.

End.

10 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Is that really the best response he could give?

It's the only contact we've had on the subject, via a member of the podcast team. All direct comms from the podcast media accounts have fallen on deaf ears.

54 minutes ago, BPAS said:

He did say a few actually about half way through, albeit not much.... as we watched it back the other day. A transcript of his contribution is here;

"I am a big Oldham fan, I've come in the last 3 months, so I've only been on the board a short period of time. But I came in with a really open mind and all the questions you've got in your mind, about the ambitions for the club, the thought process behind behind it, the money situation, the accounts etc etc. The board meetings are running very well, I agree with that. I wanted to understand the drivers of the board and how it was working, and I'm really happy that everyone who is sat on this board is doing the right things for this club. That doesn't mean it's going to move forward really quickly, or we're suddenly going to get promoted, but there's plans in place, we're talking about the right things, the accounts are getting better, the money's being put in, there's a plan to move forward. So, all the questions I had in my mind in terms of are things being hidden, what's all these stories about past managers, what's the tribunals, I am not going away from the board meetings I've been in thinking, I don't think that person is doing the right thing, or I don't think they've got the right idea. I absolutely believe that Abdallah has the interests of the club at heart, and it's compounded by the fact of everything you've just heard in terms of, who would put that sort of money in and take the abuse that he's getting at the moment if he didn't really believe he could turn it round and push it forward."

He was then asked 2 questions by prominent members of this forum, one about why he wasn't listed as a Director at companies house (at that point in time) and how many board meeting's he'd attended in the 3 months he'd been at the club. Adam Morrallee answered the 1st, saying it was an oversight/mistake, Richard answered the 2nd, saying there had been 2 board meetings in his first 3 months, one on the day of the Fans Forum and one a couple of months earlier.

End.

I was at the Royton Forum and everyone in the audience was asking who this fella was - turned out to be Richard Bowden. I have honestly never seen the fella at any game home or away over my 50 years of supporting OAFC, not that I definitely would know him but somehow I suspect I would have seen him about if he was a big Oldham fan. 

He added nothing to proceedings (as above), the fact that the second Board meeting fell on the day of the Forum was quite suspicious in my book, I believe him to be a plant from the Club trying to window dress as per usual. I would love to be proved wrong but on what evidence is available, suspect I am not. 

Incidentally, as part of the "fans representatives" discussion, does anyone recall the club trying to elect 4 "super supporters" to deal with fan engagement? Think this may have been another attempt at ticking boxes whilst keeping the fans in the dark as per usual. 

12 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I was at the Royton Forum and everyone in the audience was asking who this fella was - turned out to be Richard Bowden. I have honestly never seen the fella at any game home or away over my 50 years of supporting OAFC, not that I definitely would know him but somehow I suspect I would have seen him about if he was a big Oldham fan. 

He added nothing to proceedings (as above), the fact that the second Board meeting fell on the day of the Forum was quite suspicious in my book, I believe him to be a plant from the Club trying to window dress as per usual. I would love to be proved wrong but on what evidence is available, suspect I am not. 

Incidentally, as part of the "fans representatives" discussion, does anyone recall the club trying to elect 4 "super supporters" to deal with fan engagement? Think this may have been another attempt at ticking boxes whilst keeping the fans in the dark as per usual. 

We do know a little about him, in that's he's from Failsworth. He is a genuine Latics supporter, albeit he's not been a regular attender for some years. He lives in the Midlands and has worked in Glasgow, Birmingham & London, so his professional & personal life have taken him away from the North West. He decided to put himself forward for the role after he'd left his previous board role at a large financial institution to begin working for himself. We're led to believe his son was mascot for the Matt Smith Everton game. He's therefore not a plant.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Maybe he doesn't actually have anything to add. Another interview where a club insider avoids answering questions on the issues we really want to know about would just be a waste of everyone's time. 

The fans are pretty unanimous on where they stand on the way the club is being run. 

The fans have also done enough round-the-table nodding to check we're all on the same page this end, so it's time to come up with a plan to make change happen...

the BPAS podcast with Barry Owen could be the tipping point to ignite the passions of the ‘not sure’ supporters amongst us

22 minutes ago, BPAS said:

We do know a little about him, in that's he's from Failsworth. He is a genuine Latics supporter, albeit he's not been a regular attender for some years. He lives in the Midlands and has worked in Glasgow, Birmingham & London, so his professional & personal life have taken him away from the North West. He decided to put himself forward for the role after he'd left his previous board role at a large financial institution to begin working for himself. We're led to believe his son was mascot for the Matt Smith Everton game. He's therefore not a plant.

You say he’s not a plant, but I saw him on a sheep foot lane in a trench coat and glasses and he was trying to hide behind a lamp post.

I don’t know who he’s trying to kid. 

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

"I am a big Oldham fan, I've come in the last 3 months, so I've only been on the board a short period of time. But I came in with a really open mind and all the questions you've got in your mind, about the ambitions for the club, the thought process behind behind it, the money situation, the accounts etc etc. The board meetings are running very well, I agree with that. I wanted to understand the drivers of the board and how it was working, and I'm really happy that everyone who is sat on this board is doing the right things for this club. That doesn't mean it's going to move forward really quickly, or we're suddenly going to get promoted, but there's plans in place, we're talking about the right things, the accounts are getting better, the money's being put in, there's a plan to move forward. So, all the questions I had in my mind in terms of are things being hidden, what's all these stories about past managers, what's the tribunals, I am not going away from the board meetings I've been in thinking, I don't think that person is doing the right thing, or I don't think they've got the right idea. I absolutely believe that Abdallah has the interests of the club at heart, and it's compounded by the fact of everything you've just heard in terms of, who would put that sort of money in and take the abuse that he's getting at the moment if he didn't really believe he could turn it round and push it forward."

End.

Well if the above is genuinely true we must have a totally clueless board of directors who have absolutely no idea what they’re doing.
Since Abdallah & Mo arrived they have been bringing in sub standard players from abroad every close season in the hope of building a football team capable of competing in the basement division and have so far failed spectacularly.
At what point are they going to realise it isn’t working?

27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You say he’s not a plant, but I saw him on a sheep foot lane in a trench coat and glasses and he was trying to hide behind a lamp post.

I don’t know who he’s trying to kid. 

Coing from the direction of the garden section of B&Q...?

36 minutes ago, tGWB said:

the BPAS podcast with Barry Owen could be the tipping point to ignite the passions of the ‘not sure’ supporters amongst us

Are there are still people who aren’t sure?

Meddling in team affairs has directly contributed to us being in this division.  If that wasn’t enough to convince people, then surely the following years of incompetence should be.

43 minutes ago, tGWB said:

If fans won't protest by now, then they never will. Even the protest group no longer is a protest group.

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

i get that the behaviour of the owner lends itself to conspiracy theories but come on...

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

Talks a good game then, sounds like a shoe-in for the Board, still never seen him at any home or away game ever, nor had anyone else who had attended the Royton Forum, all were asking who is this?

Nothing to add = nothing to offer  

37 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

i get that the behaviour of the owner lends itself to conspiracy theories but come on...

Have you seen anything from him that lends itself to believing it is a bona-fide appointment for the greater good of the club? 

Me neither 

Still wondering how a number of people got recruited to various posts under this regime? No transparency nor accountability at all, zilch      

2 hours ago, BPAS said:

He not pulling up any plants though.😆

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Are there are still people who aren’t sure?

Meddling in team affairs has directly contributed to us being in this division.  If that wasn’t enough to convince people, then surely the following years of incompetence should be.

the purchase of over 1600 season tickets would suggest so 

Baffles me 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Has he actually agreed to do it?

I read somewhere that he was but for sure he contacted PtB and they pointed him in the direction of the BPAS 

Hope so 

16 minutes ago, tGWB said:

the purchase of over 1600 season tickets would suggest so 

Not sure that’s necessarily an indication (if anything, for those prices we should have shifted a lot more..).

Some people like doing it and going to the game is more important than making a point about the owner, which  I think is fair enough.

21 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Not sure that’s necessarily an indication (if anything, for those prices we should have shifted a lot more..).

Some people like doing it and going to the game is more important than making a point about the owner, which  I think is fair enough.

fair point 

54 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yeah I said I wasn't going until Abdallah sold up but I've bought 2 :peepwall:

Given any sort of encouragement I'd expect quite a few to buy at full price of £10 per game but fear things will get worse!

Archived