BPAS PODCAST: 3rd May '21 Episode 33: Enough is Enough

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Has he actually agreed to do it?

Yes. However he agreed to do it some weeks ago too, when he was still a Director of the club...... and then he went quiet on us, so we'll see......

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, singe said:

If fans won't protest by now, then they never will. Even the protest group no longer is a protest group.

not like you that singe having a cheap shot at PtB

For me, they’ve kept their profile up, kept supporters informed, been calm and their communication updates have been measured.

It would have been damaging to have encouraged protests and break government Covid restrictions and risk the safety and well being of our fans 

On 5/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, OldhamAthlete said:

Perhaps he'd like to enlighten us about the vision that Abdullah has outlined?

He did outline a vision - championship in five years if I recall correctly; he just never outlined a plan that would give the vision any possibility of becoming a reality. 

19 hours ago, BPAS said:

Yes. However he agreed to do it some weeks ago too, when he was still a Director of the club...... and then he went quiet on us, so we'll see......

Is this interview happening this weekend?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I appreciate the good work you're doing, Matt, but I honestly can't understand why you are giving this guy air time.  He has been the one constant in the downward trajectory of the club over the last 10+ years...

This. 
He’s toxic to say the least. He’s gone (finally), let’s not even give him the time of day to win people over with his lies. It’s clear he’s not a fan of OAFC.

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I appreciate the good work you're doing, Matt, but I honestly can't understand why you are giving this guy air time.  He has been the one constant in the downward trajectory of the club over the last 10+ years...

It all depends if the interviewer asks the right questions. This is a chance to hold Barry Owen to account and not to let him get away with platitudes or bland pronouncements. 

Think Naga Munchetty on BBC Breakfast as opposed to Alex Jones on The One Show😉

39 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It all depends if the interviewer asks the right questions. This is a chance to hold Barry Owen to account and not to let him get away with platitudes or bland pronouncements. 

Just by the by did you know that Ms Munchetty' s husband is callrd Hagger. So if she used his name she'd be Naga Hagger... 

21 hours ago, tGWB said:

not like you that singe having a cheap shot at PtB

For me, they’ve kept their profile up, kept supporters informed, been calm and their communication updates have been measured.

It would have been damaging to have encouraged protests and break government Covid restrictions and risk the safety and well being of our fans 

Not a cheap shot, more said ironically. Apathy is rife, the majority have given up.

Nonetheless, I don't think we have to be devoted to PTB to recognise where they are excellent and they might not be right. I know they can take feedback on the chin.

For example, it's fair enough saying Covid restricts things and illness caused delay, but you can't dig at the Trust for not doing anything in the same timeframe whilst also having illnesses, since seeing off the attempted coup.
And it is not right that there are only a dozen fans (between PTB , Foundation and your work to get Away Days only active ) out of several thousand.

PTB have done really good stuff, but need to be ready for the new season and fans back in, I am sure they are preparing hard.
Working with the Foundation is great news, differing objectives and complementary skills working to try and save the club.

But action could be planned.

For example I follow a Spanish team Recreativo Huelva, because they stayed in the hotel we were at before they played Barca in 2003 in La Liga, even though they were at home.
They're the oldest team in Spain formed in 1889.
On Saturday they will be relegated to the 5th tier, due the vagries of Spanish footballl means 2 relegations in one season! Their trust has been in disaray. Council now own them & ground and are 16m euros in debt.
Limited fans are back in on Saturday and they are all wearing black and releasing black balloons. It won't save them, but it ris something aises awareness.

This week saw us ranked 20th of the 92 for fan engagement, a farce. There needs to be greater awareness of our plight or attempts to salvage the club by more of us.

49 minutes ago, singe said:

Not a cheap shot, more said ironically. Apathy is rife, the majority have given up.

Nonetheless, I don't think we have to be devoted to PTB to recognise where they are excellent and they might not be right. I know they can take feedback on the chin.

For example, it's fair enough saying Covid restricts things and illness caused delay, but you can't dig at the Trust for not doing anything in the same timeframe whilst also having illnesses, since seeing off the attempted coup.
And it is not right that there are only a dozen fans (between PTB , Foundation and your work to get Away Days only active ) out of several thousand.

PTB have done really good stuff, but need to be ready for the new season and fans back in, I am sure they are preparing hard.
Working with the Foundation is great news, differing objectives and complementary skills working to try and save the club.

But action could be planned.

For example I follow a Spanish team Recreativo Huelva, because they stayed in the hotel we were at before they played Barca in 2003 in La Liga, even though they were at home.
They're the oldest team in Spain formed in 1889.
On Saturday they will be relegated to the 5th tier, due the vagries of Spanish footballl means 2 relegations in one season! Their trust has been in disaray. Council now own them & ground and are 16m euros in debt.
Limited fans are back in on Saturday and they are all wearing black and releasing black balloons. It won't save them, but it ris something aises awareness.

This week saw us ranked 20th of the 92 for fan engagement, a farce. There needs to be greater awareness of our plight or attempts to salvage the club by more of us.

This has to be one effective type of strand.

Something cheap, visible, newsworthy and simple to do.

One club, can't recall which, had the PANTS protest, where the crowd brought a used piece of underwear and threw it on the field at a given signal.

Did Charlton do something similar with plastic pigs?

25 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

This has to be one effective type of strand.

Something cheap, visible, newsworthy and simple to do.

One club, can't recall which, had the PANTS protest, where the crowd brought a used piece of underwear and threw it on the field at a given signal.

Did Charlton do something similar with plastic pigs?

How do you get a pair of pants from the main stand to the pitch? 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Hire Piers Morgan to interview Barry.

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Correct. I think we already know how it's going to play out. That somehow over the past 5 or 6 years of him being on the board he continually told the owners what they were doing was wrong. Like some fucking Tinpot Nuremberg Defence. Also, I'm sure Matt even stated on the podcast a few episodes back, just after Shitpeas got the boot, that he could see no reason why he should be on.

He was up to his neck in it until, unsurprisingly, the owner had absolutely no further use for him. He's been a constant parasite in the club and has revelled in the total megalomania that's swallowed it up. Fuck him, and fuck his bleating is what I reckon.

40 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Correct. I think we already know how it's going to play out. That somehow over the past 5 or 6 years of him being on the board he continually told the owners what they were doing was wrong. Like some fucking Tinpot Nuremberg Defence. Also, I'm sure Matt even stated on the podcast a few episodes back, just after Shitpeas got the boot, that he could see no reason why he should be on.

He was up to his neck in it until, unsurprisingly, the owner had absolutely no further use for him. He's been a constant parasite in the club and has revelled in the total megalomania that's swallowed it up. Fuck him, and fuck his bleating is what I reckon.

I will listen to it because I stick my tongue into mouth ulcers knowing it will hurt but to check if it’s still there 

but I completely agree 

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I disagree. It's always good to hear stuff from the horse's mouth, however objectionable the individual is. Oxygen of publicity. Let's see what the jobsworth has to say for himself.

Just scorned from his exit and not in a mainstream media interview where all the questions are vetted and easily ducked... think it's an interview worth doing. 

Doubt it'll change many opinions on him, mind..

Barry Owen on Twitter.....

The club is currently threatening me on confidentiality grounds. I am still doing the podcast next week and will clear issues up for fans now I am free to do so.  #oafc

26 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The club is currently threatening me on confidentiality grounds. I am still doing the podcast next week and will clear issues up for fans now I am free to do so.  #oafc

Really is like North Korea that place isn’t it 

There really shouldn’t be anything to hide if they are running the club properly....it’s statements like this that compound the negative feeling supporters have toward the owners!!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Does this mean he will spill the beans or he won't spill the beans?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Getting his excuses in early I see. 

Archived