PROTEST 8/5/21

Genuinely think this needs to happen. One big protest on the final day of the season maybe a couple of hours before kick off would show a strong message that this anger and frustration towards the Lemsagams isn’t going away. I realise it’s going to need somebody like PTB or lots of traction on social media to get anywhere but something needs to be done. Enough is enough.

Do we have a buyer waiting in the wings? If not, getting rid of AL or him just walking away would close the club, the land would probably be purchased by a property developer and hey presto, houses! I don't think there are many supporters who would agree that the brothers grim are doing a good job and would dearly love an owner who is local, very rich and daft enough to throw money into a bottomless pit but where are these people? A peaceful protest would show the resentment that true supporters feel against the current regime but I'm not sure what else it would achieve. I'd be interested to hear differing views.

I dont think we do and the answer i got from someoene was that "There was bound to be someone with a big Ego who want to take it on" even if this was true it would be a possible jump from the frying pan to the fire- and surely entirely the wrong reason for a take over. We still have a football  league club unlike Bury or Macclesfield and one that played atractive attacking football as the goal tally bears out. Whatever people think of AL, he has kept us going  and the words of KC and HK before dont coincide with the toxicity described by some others which a lot of fans seem towant to buy into. So no I dont think a protest would have any positive benefits and would risk more than it might achieve

100 spotty yoofs in fake Stone Island gear causing a scene isn't going to have the desired effect especially as everyone is disappearing for the summer.

For me protest would be something you fully commit to sustaining and that can only really come from the Foundation and PTB.

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

100 spotty yoofs in fake Stone Island gear causing a scene isn't going to have the desired effect especially as everyone is disappearing for the summer.

For me protest would be something you fully commit to sustaining and that can only really come from the Foundation and PTB.

Aye. 

Plus it needs regular publicity and visibility. 

The best idea Ive read is the protest at all away games next season. I don’t see the point of protesting at home, and then giving them £20 quid. 

Support for the our owners must be at its lowest point ever.....

We may have a football club of sorts but it is on life support and without the necessary treatment it will almost certainly be switched off by the Lemsagams’s at some stage in the not too distant future. 

Do we wait for the inevitable to happen or do we try and do something about it and force change now.

I know what my choice would be!!

1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

Do we have a buyer waiting in the wings? If not, getting rid of AL or him just walking away would close the club, the land would probably be purchased by a property developer and hey presto, houses! I don't think there are many supporters who would agree that the brothers grim are doing a good job and would dearly love an owner who is local, very rich and daft enough to throw money into a bottomless pit but where are these people? A peaceful protest would show the resentment that true supporters feel against the current regime but I'm not sure what else it would achieve. I'd be interested to hear differing views.

The land is already owned by a property developer.

52 minutes ago, tringerlatic42 said:

I dont think we do and the answer i got from someoene was that "There was bound to be someone with a big Ego who want to take it on" even if this was true it would be a possible jump from the frying pan to the fire- and surely entirely the wrong reason for a take over. We still have a football  league club unlike Bury or Macclesfield and one that played atractive attacking football as the goal tally bears out. Whatever people think of AL, he has kept us going  and the words of KC and HK before dont coincide with the toxicity described by some others which a lot of fans seem towant to buy into. So no I dont think a protest would have any positive benefits and would risk more than it might achieve

HK and KC took head coaches jobs not managers and under the control of Mo.

That's what's the objection is given Mo's  woeful track record.

If AL sacked Mo and gave a manager full control most of the dissent would lessen.

Can't see a hastily put together copycat protest achieving anything especially so soon after the headline grabbing one by Man United supporters last Sunday

We really have only two options open to us 

1. Continue to fund the 'Mo and Ali Regime' by going to Home games and just hope they leave or sell. Protesting in the ground will achieve little as supporters will have paid to get in the ground 

2. Starve them of funds by boycotting Home games, depriving them of revenue.

Some thoughts worth considering:

Home Games Boycott

• Allegedly there has been interest in buying the Club but the asking price was prohibitive
  • If Home game revenues are reduced further by a boycott, AL will simply have to tip in more which should force him to reconsider his future with us 
  • There is a thought that he would force the Club into Administration but surely his main consideration would be to sell the Club for a more realistic figure to try and recover some monies

AWAY DAY ARMY

• Any protest needs to be sustainable to attract media attention whilst impacting the organisation you're protesting against.
  • One off protesting will achieve little 
  • Supporting the team for just Away Days is different enough to maybe attract both the media and other football clubs / sports writers to our cause
  • Supporting the team for just Away Days in numbers would demonstrate enthusiasm for the club to potential buyers
  • Supporting the team for just Away Days in numbers would certainly help the players

Packed NOISY Away Ends for Oldham games  

25 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Can't see a hastily put together copycat protest achieving anything especially so soon after the headline grabbing one by Man United supporters last Sunday

We really have only two options open to us 

1. Continue to fund the 'Mo and Ali Regime' by going to Home games and just hope they leave or sell. Protesting in the ground will achieve little as supporters will have paid to get in the ground 

2. Starve them of funds by boycotting Home games, depriving them of revenue.

Some thoughts worth considering:

Home Games Boycott

• Allegedly there has been interest in buying the Club but the asking price was prohibitive
  • If Home game revenues are reduced further by a boycott, AL will simply have to tip in more which should force him to reconsider his future with us 
  • There is a thought that he would force the Club into Administration but surely his main consideration would be to sell the Club for a more realistic figure to try and recover some monies

AWAY DAY ARMY

• Any protest needs to be sustainable to attract media attention whilst impacting the organisation you're protesting against.
  • Supporting the team for just Away Days is different enough to maybe attract both the media and other football clubs / sports writers to our cause
  • Supporting the team for just Away Days in numbers would demonstrate enthusiasm for the club to potential buyers
  • Supporting the team for just Away Days in numbers would certainly help the players

This for me is the best option as it covers the main bases you can still watch the team and you are not giving the Lemsagams your money.

People will use the Blackpool example to say why it won't work. They are 2 different animals Karl Oysten has a net worth of £100million according to the sunday times rich list abd owned Broomfield Road. We started selling next seasons tickets in February and Abdullah Lemsagam doesn’t own the ground and can't afford to buy it back. Which one needs bums on seats more?

Plus lets not forget away days are alot more fun.

3 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

We don't need to have a buyer lined up to have a protest the idea would ultimately give him a clear message that supporters are still angry.

2 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

When you factor in, many have less income than they had before the pandemic, taking on a business right now would be a very brave/crazy decision 

I hope I'm wrong but I see less of us fans going on when we finally get the all clear and that in itself is choking the club out, regardless of who's in charge.

We need more than a few protests to make a real difference but it's how to get it off the ground whilst keeping it real?

There was a protest at Old Trafford a couple of days ago,all that came out of that was the confirmation that those responsible were  absolute wankers and a couple of Cops unfortunately got injured.

If you don't like the shady goings on at BP don't give the club any of your hard earned.

5 hours ago, dpwild said:

Genuinely think this needs to happen. One big protest on the final day of the season maybe a couple of hours before kick off would show a strong message that this anger and frustration towards the Lemsagams isn’t going away. I realise it’s going to need somebody like PTB or lots of traction on social media to get anywhere but something needs to be done. Enough is enough.

I don't think this would do any good right now. Both AL and Mo are out of the country and probably won't even know about it. I also doubt it would get any media attention.

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

AWAY DAY ARMY

It's a good idea, but it didn't work for Coventry. They still have no ground, three years after being forced out.

16 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It's a good idea, but it didn't work for Coventry. They still have no ground, three years after being forced out.

Not a good example. Coventry have announced a joint enterprise with Warwick University to build a new stadium. They've also got a decent board by the sounds of things with a proven track record of success having achieved two promotions and reside a safe distance from relegation. I'd much rather be in their boat than ours, wouldn't you?

9 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Not a good example. Coventry have announced a joint enterprise with Warwick University to build a new stadium. They've also got a decent board by the sounds of things with a proven track record of success having achieved two promotions and reside a safe distance from relegation. I'd much rather be in their boat than ours, wouldn't you?

Aye.

To make their situation like ours would mean Blitz selling the ground to someone else, and then that company kicking us out. Even more bizarrely it would mean ALMO were decent owners. . 😂

20 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

i think they held the record for most seasons without a trophy/promotion but we're way ahead in that particular league now.  Wonder who's second - possibly Everton?  They're 26 years without anything to shout about although they did finish top 4 once which is seen as a trophy up there.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

i think they held the record for most seasons without a trophy/promotion but we're way ahead in that particular league now.  Wonder who's second - possibly Everton?  They're 26 years without anything to shout about although they did finish top 4 once which is seen as a trophy up there.

It may be Ipswich, I have no idea why I think this. 

35 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

They have done well, despite having no ground. I didn't know abt the Warwick Uni. link. You are right, it's not a great example, compared with our situation, but the fans did  make their feelings about the situation known at away grounds.

21 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It may be Ipswich, I have no idea why I think this. 

Seems like a decent shout.  My nearest club is Ipswich - I'll ask someone who looks more miserable than me (tough ask...).

They did break our record for the longest ever stay in what is now the Championship.

5 hours ago, archiecat said:

There was a protest at Old Trafford a couple of days ago,all that came out of that was the confirmation that those responsible were  absolute wankers and a couple of Cops unfortunately got injured.

If you don't like the shady goings on at BP don't give the club any of your hard earned.

I think it needs to be more pro-active than that.  Fans have been disappearing since 1994 - has anyone ever called that "a protest"?  It could be easily be misinterpreted as apathy..

If people want to support the team at home, I think that's fair enough. They shouldn't feel pressured into stopping doing something they might enjoy for the sake of these muppets running the club.

Make noise away. Make noise at home. The more noise we can make about the state of the club, the better.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Seems like a decent shout.  My nearest club is Ipswich - I'll ask someone who looks more miserable than me (tough ask...).

They did break our record for the longest ever stay in what is now the Championship.

Ipswich won a promotion to the Premier league in 2000. You were right with your initial guess its Everton who won the FA cup in 95 with Joe Royle.

I turned out for the last protest (organised by PTB I think) - the march down from the White Hart with a few Orient fans in attendance too. I was quite disappointed with the numbers turning out for that one if I`m honest. As for now, I think you'd struggle to get a third of that last poor turnout - way too many people have totally lost interest in the club. 

Would a protest now be useful? Yes IF it was attended by a couple of thousand supporters - that would raise eyebrows AND also show any potential investor that there is a hardcore of fans who care to build from. Unfortunately, you'll struggle to muster 3 figures presently, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I turned out for the last protest (organised by PTB I think) - the march down from the White Hart with a few Orient fans in attendance too. I was quite disappointed with the numbers turning out for that one if I`m honest. As for now, I think you'd struggle to get a third of that last poor turnout - way too many people have totally lost interest in the club. 

Would a protest now be useful? Yes IF it was attended by a couple of thousand supporters - that would raise eyebrows AND also show any potential investor that there is a hardcore of fans who care to build from. Unfortunately, you'll struggle to muster 3 figures presently, in my opinion.

...and yet any prospective owner would still be left having to pay a massively inflated cost for the ground and would therefore walk away.

At the risk of repeating myself, THIS is the biggest problem by far.

Archived