Laticsrblue

It's with great sadness that I have to say this. My brother Laticsrblue (Ian Broadbent), a Latics supporter for well over 50 years, passed away this morning. He bravely battled on ,after receiving the awful prognosis that he had terminal cancer, back in February. He used to post clips of goals on here from big Gordy's commentaries, for those who remember.. 

9 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It's with great sadness that I have to say this. My brother Laticsrblue (Ian Broadbent), a Latics supporter for well over 50 years, passed away this morning. He bravely battled on ,after receiving the awful prognosis that he had terminal cancer, back in February. He used to post clips of goals on here from big Gordy's commentaries, for those who remember.. 

Sad to hear. Rest in peace Laticsrblue. 

27 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Sorry to read this mate. Thoughts with you and your family 

44 minutes ago, al_bro said:

So sorry for your loss al-bro, yet another Latics fanatic gone too soon, condolences to all who mourn him 

My condolences. I remember he always used to upload audio from games before ifollow was a thing and I was happy to help him with streaming games in the past. He seemed a really nice guy. RIP. 

Sad to hear this. 

Never met Ian but he did dig out a clip of a goal from our top flight days that I hadn’t seen since I was at the match - my first Latics match. 

It was a special moment for me back then and seeing the clip brought back the special memories.

I really appreciated him finding it and posting it here for me. 

My condolences to his family. 

Al bro, it always made me smile when we had the match day chat on this forum, when we scored he broke the record for the jumping jellybeans and flag waving emojis in one post. I don't think anyone could doubt his passion for Oldham Athletic. 

Archived