Manchester north end

12 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

What was the general thoughts at the time?  Obviously internet was still in it's infancy with regards forums and social media then but if AL suggested this I would imagine he would be (quite rightly) driven out with pitch forks and torches 

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

What was the general thoughts at the time?  Obviously internet was still in it's infancy with regards forums and social media then but if AL suggested this I would imagine he would be (quite rightly) driven out with pitch forks and torches 

There was such an uproar that it finished Ian Stott as chairman.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I went to school in Bury in the 70s. Back then Gigg Lane had one of the finest pitches in the country. Terry McDermott dropped by one day to help with our school team training, before he hit the big time with Liverpool.

A very sad day as @peanuts2says.

Very sad. They had some good players. Always remember Derek Spence (Oldham reject, of course) and the excellent Terry Mac.

What's happening to football at this level is tragic. Still, nice to see Macc are back up and running, even though it's a long way back. Well done Robbie Savage.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

I went to school in Bury in the 70s. Back then Gigg Lane had one of the finest pitches in the country. Terry McDermott dropped by one day to help with our school team training, before he hit the big time with Liverpool.

A very sad day as @peanuts2says.

Got quite a few ex player connections to Bury havent we?

Matt Tipton

Chris Porter

Dale Stephens

Peter Clarke

Chris Armstrong

Lee Duxbury

Connor Ripley 

Probably a good few more 

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Matt Tipton

Chris Porter

Dale Stephens

Peter Clarke

Chris Armstrong

Lee Duxbury

Connor Ripley 

Probably a good few more 

Nicky Adams 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

How much? Less than £6m?

As much as someone is willing to pay? As we’ve said with BP - they’ve not specified a price. I guess the fact it has no business on it and administrators needed to get the best they can will drive the price down - like bidding on repossessed houses at auction 

16 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Matt Tipton

Chris Porter

Dale Stephens

Peter Clarke

Chris Armstrong

Lee Duxbury

Connor Ripley 

Probably a good few more 

Gary Kelly and his disco pants.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Good riddance to them. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch...

If by "them" you mean Bury FC, I'm not having that. It was a tragedy for the playing staff, club officials and fans. There are several lower league clubs struggling to survive of whom we may be one. It's despicable, and tempting fate, in my view to dance on any club's grave.

Sad for some of the staff, some of the old dears who went all their lives and sad for those to tried to speak out and warn others but were drowned out. Fuckin hilarious on all those drown outers tho goading us and thinkin they were mint when they were paying players tens of thousands of pounds whilst chasing promotion, but still needing to give away teams both ends of the ground to try and scrape the cash together 😂😂😂

Must have been there ten times and they were shaking buckets at us half the time!!

Could easily have been us tho.

Its a tragedy when any football club goes out of business for a few weeks wages of a Premier League Player  Football clubs like Oldham and Bury are the hub of their local communities.  Its the whole structure of football, the distribution of TV money and owners who are not "fit and proper" that are the problem.  It all needs a good shake up.

16 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

If by "them" you mean Bury FC, I'm not having that. It was a tragedy for the playing staff, club officials and fans. There are several lower league clubs struggling to survive of whom we may be one. It's despicable, and tempting fate, in my view to dance on any club's grave.

I mean the Bury fans who were lobbing coins into the away end when I was carrying my then 3 year old son out of the ground. Every time I read about their demise, I smile a little bit more...

19 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Sad for some of the staff, some of the old dears who went all their lives and sad for those to tried to speak out and warn others but were drowned out. Fuckin hilarious on all those drown outers tho goading us and thinkin they were mint when they were paying players tens of thousands of pounds whilst chasing promotion, but still needing to give away teams both ends of the ground to try and scrape the cash together 😂😂😂

Must have been there ten times and they were shaking buckets at us half the time!!

Could easily have been us tho.

Yep, there were Bury fans giving it the big one about their squad in 17/18. They ended up being relegated and going bust because of that squad. 

They regularly under-estimated how many we'd bring until they cottoned on that they could give us both ends of their ground and still have enough room for their fans. Although for balance I think the intelligence we gave them was off as well. The fiasco in April 2013 when they locked fans with tickets out, had some empty seats in the away end, while claiming poverty summed that club up. 

Oh and this (warning for swearing) 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Yep, there were Bury fans giving it the big one about their squad in 17/18. They ended up being relegated and going bust because of that squad. 

They regularly under-estimated how many we'd bring until they cottoned on that they could give us both ends of their ground and still have enough room for their fans. Although for balance I think the intelligence we gave them was off as well. The fiasco in April 2013 when they locked fans with tickets out, had some empty seats in the away end, while claiming poverty summed that club up. 

Oh and this (warning for swearing) 

Why the hatred for a club when the majority of fans are fine? All have their idoits, ours being no exception.

I don't hate them. l view them with amusement like the Scottish and the Welsh. Figuratively look down and smile at them whilst ruffling their hair, maybe give em a worthers original or sumat. Playful kick up the arse as you move them along as you try and get on with something that actually matters in real life.

Archived