• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Fucking Morecambe 

Aye, Both home and away

What's the world coming to?

Over a full season they should have gone up automatic 

Never mind, they'll see off the Welsh and fly the flag for Lancashire in League 1

I see Forest Green Rovers have retained 17 players and offered contracts to 4 more.

This plus new signings looks like they will be even stronger next season.

Contrast that to our chaotic recruitment.

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I see Forest Green Rovers have retained 17 players and offered contracts to 4 more.

This plus new signings looks like they will be even stronger next season.

Contrast that to our chaotic recruitment.

To be fair to the flat capped one - it hasn’t been that chaotic so far this close season 

Non existent yes but that’s another point 🙂

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

To be fair to the flat capped one - it hasn’t been that chaotic so far this close season 

Non existent yes but that’s another point 🙂

Yes should have said non recruitment.😁

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Yes should have said non recruitment.😁

to be fair all players are still in contract. And even after that players will be waiting for offers before deciding where to go. The start of 2 months of waiting and waiting to be told no im going to another club

9 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

This is the most players we have had signed up at this stage for years. We've got a manager aswell (l think!!)

The most bodies we’ve had signed - Not sure “players” is an accurate description bar 2 or 3

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The most bodies we’ve had signed - Not sure “players” is an accurate description bar 2 or 3

Nah. ALMO's a cunt but WamBaham, Whelan, DKD, Pidge, Fage, Adams n Dearnley are playerss.

Like Badan n Jameson aswell me.

But thats me init 😂

🚤

On 5/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, Littlemoor Lad said:

Aye, Both home and away

What's the world coming to?

Over a full season they should have gone up automatic 

Never mind, they'll see off the Welsh and fly the flag for Lancashire in League 1

Well they've gone up now 

A shit storm free club a modest budget and steady leadership it can take you a long way in this league.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Well they've gone up now 

A shit storm free club a modest budget and steady leadership it can take you a long way in this league.

Aye. 

Good luck to them. 

It’s also one in the eye for former directors and his like who keep insisting that we should be just be grateful for what we’ve got no matter what. 

Poor play off final that,2 poor teams but good luck to Morecambe.

Just shows what an absolute disgrace of a club we are to finish the season a few places from the bottom of the football league.

17 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well they've gone up now 

Small town, small club and playing the likes of Sunderland 

Never mind, we can try and beat Newport 

Seems Carlisle fans are in the same boat as us 😂

Hot off the press.

'Yes, well done Morecambe. Good luck to them.

This is just latest example of a 'smaller' club outperforming Carlisle.

Our board should be ashamed'

46 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Same people who moan about perceived smaller clubs doing better than theirs presumably also moaned about the potental status quo of a European Super League...

Think we can safely say the only way we're getting out of this league is through the arse entrance 

59 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Well done Morecambe. Shows you can get promotion on a low budget.

Shame though since they are just down the road from me.Still I have Barrow and Carlisle nearby.

Being based in West Cumbria its ome of my local games..... there is still the delights of Carlisle and Barra tho 😮

14 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Some very dodgy refereeing decisions in that game! 

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Should have had VAR, they had all the facilities to use it.

Newport were denied a penalty and then Morecambe were awarded a dubious one. 

I agree with @BP1960 that if VAR had been used the game may have had a different outcome.

I can understand why the system is not in use for regular games in the lower leagues but for games of this importance it surely must be brought in. In the end it is down to the clubs and the EFL to lobby for this to happen in future.

Ignoring for a moment the way that Offsides are dealt with, VAR in these situations needs to be changed - it is still there to too often protect the referee rather than reach a correct decision. 

And as for the approach to determining offsides... it’s a complete shambles for the highly marginal ones. As with the oft quoted ‘clear and obvious’  tag line this should apply to offsides too - if it takes more than a few seconds to determine then give the forward the benefit.

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Newport were denied a penalty and then Morecambe were awarded a dubious one. 

I agree with @BP1960 that if VAR had been used the game may have had a different outcome.

I can understand why the system is not in use for regular games in the lower leagues but for games of this importance it surely must be brought in. In the end it is down to the clubs and the EFL to lobby for this to happen in future.

Ignoring for a moment the way that Offsides are dealt with, VAR in these situations needs to be changed - it is still there to too often protect the referee rather than reach a correct decision. 

And as for the approach to determining offsides... it’s a complete shambles for the highly marginal ones. As with the oft quoted ‘clear and obvious’  tag line this should apply to offsides too - if it takes more than a few seconds to determine then give the forward the benefit.

Maybe  for offsides the foot psition only should count, after all it is called football.

Archived