League 2 Activity 2021/22

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Also adds very very little if he doesn't score. 

Going to sound like Bp1960 but what?? 

his job is to score goals - he did, if he scored a goal every game and spent the other 89 minutes 50 seconds scratching his arse I couldn’t care less 

similar to how I want goalkeepers saving goals - not doing cruyff turns and standing by the halfway line 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Handsy said:

We didn’t throw him away  we offered him a contract ( apparently) and he chose  to go somewhere else for more money have you never moved jobs for more money 

If they offered me pea nuts and the shit off Mo’s shoe yeah

You make out hes no big loss because prior to scoring 21 goals for us he only had one purple patch at Oxford. 20 goal a season players are goldust and I will eat my left bollock if Hallam Hope gets there (his highest is 25 in 3 years at Carlisle by the way)

The most successful post war team in our history was made of people who had not necessarily set the world alight at other clubs before

Thank Christ you weren’t in charge of signings - do you go by Mo at the weekend? 

11 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If they offered me pea nuts and the shit off Mo’s shoe yeah

You make out hes no big loss because prior to scoring 21 goals for us he only had one purple patch at Oxford. 20 goal a season players are goldust and I will eat my left bollock if Hallam Hope gets there (his highest is 25 in 3 years at Carlisle by the way)

The most successful post war team in our history was made of people who had not necessarily set the world alight at other clubs before

Thank Christ you weren’t in charge of signings - do you go by Mo at the weekend? 

50 career goals in 195 appearances in 10 years since his debut 21 of those for us last season doesn’t make him a regular 20 goal a season man in my eyes an as for Hallam hope maybe he’s one of those players that not necessarily set the world alight at other clubs and maybe he will here just like Mcaleny did last season  

18 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Also adds very very little if he doesn't score. 

For the majority of our 27 declining years, the missing piece of the jigsaw was often a striker who could just put the ball in the net. We finally get that sort of player only for the rest of the team to be the worst we’ve ever had.

Those sort of strikers don’t come to teams like us that often. I’d say he’s almost irreplaceable..

Looking at his career stats correct me if I'm wrong but it's the first time he's played at this level. So while he hasn't been particularly prolific at a higher level he has been at L2 level. 

He could do very well at Salford playing in a better side although he might also not be a guaranteed starter like he is here we will see.

Either way it's a big loss to us as its unlikely we will get in a 21 goal season striker to replace him.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

We were fortunate to get McAlney in the first place, shame we never got to see him in the flesh.

Why fortunate?? Starting at Everton he’s had about 7 loan spells in lower divisions and one permanent move to Fleetwood with 9 goals in 50+ appearances. In my mind he’s fortunate we gave him an opportunity!!

It's worse at Swindon than here.

What's behind Swindon Town's takeover battle? - BBC News

No manager, assistant manager or CEO.

Only seven players contracted.

They haven't started pre- season training yet and the season starts in a months time.

The owner is not legally allowed to put the club into admin.

A minority share holder wans to buy the owners shares, but they can't agree a price.

A judge has told the owner he has to transfer his shares to the minority share holder. If he doesn't then they end up in the High Court again.

55 minutes ago, al_bro said:

They haven't started pre- season training yet and the season starts in a months time.

A minority share holder wans to buy the owners shares, but they can't agree a price.

A judge has told the owner he has to transfer his shares to the minority share holder. If he doesn't then they end up in the High Court again.

And the EFL haven't a clue what to do.

21 hours ago, al_bro said:

Question is, are they going to do a Southend United or the full Bury?

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Question is, are they going to do a Southend United or the full Bury?

Neither. They have a buyer and the owner will be forced by the court to hand over his shares, if they can't come to an agreement.

22 hours ago, mick26 said:

Stockport have signed Scott Quigley from Barrow - just the type we could do with.

Wish we had County's cash!!!

Undisclosed fee. We couldn't have signed him anyway. I'm surprised another league club didn't want him. Maybe they weren't willing to pay what Barrow wanted.

23 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

This is how to say “trialist” whilst actually saying who it is. Apparently Donaldson still under contract with Bradford City until end of July 

Yes, but we are run by a absolute set 

of fraudsters who likes to keep the true fans in the dark and treat them like shit!! 

1 hour ago, oafc21 said:

Yes, but we are run by a absolute set 

of fraudsters who likes to keep the true fans in the dark and treat them like shit!! 

Pretty sure if he hadn't already committed to York they wouldn't be outing his name to alert other clubs. No team announces trialist at our level because it will generate more interest in that player. So I dont think naming people as trialist is keeping us in the dark

Archived