League 2 Activity 2021/22

7 hours ago, oafc21 said:

I’m not being funny Chris, but any trialist at our club ain’t worth mentioning to any other club because they here out of desperation for a contract!! 

Haha true but still the point is there

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/18/2021 at 8:15 PM, LaticsPete said:

This is how to say “trialist” whilst actually saying who it is. Apparently Donaldson still under contract with Bradford City until end of July 

And  more on the spat with Bradford.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/19455050.bantams-unhappy-way-york-handled-donaldson-signing/

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

New Swindon Town owner statement.

Can we hope too?

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement/

Can imagine the Swindon Town forum beside themselves (just as it was on here when your man came in). Destined to end badly that. Piece of piss writing those introductory statements. People are easily pleased.

11 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Can imagine the Swindon Town forum beside themselves (just as it was on here when your man came in). Destined to end badly that. Piece of piss writing those introductory statements. People are easily pleased.

I somehow think you would accept the  situation of a similar owner here though. Am I right?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

I somehow think you would accept the  situation of a similar owner here though. Am I right?

Which is what was said (quite understandably) about Abdallah.

It's easy to say the right things. We all got excited by the video they put up on the first day which ended with AL's menacing smile.

On some of these non-league signings people are surprised about, I've read that there isn't much difference in terms of finances or facilities between top non-league sides and League 2 sides. Also, for those clubs lower down players can combine day jobs and less travel with still playing. My second team just signed a 30-year-old National League playoff winner with plenty of league experience, and they're down at level 7 (step 3) in the pyramid.

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

On some of these non-league signings people are surprised about, I've read that there isn't much difference in terms of finances or facilities between top non-league sides and League 2 sides. Also, for those clubs lower down players can combine day jobs and less travel with still playing. My second team just signed a 30-year-old National League playoff winner with plenty of league experience, and they're down at level 7 (step 3) in the pyramid.

I'm still trying to work out which step my new local (I moved last November) side is in but I know it will be the lowest level I've paid to watch!

14 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Evidence?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Think they will do very well to avoid relegation given where they are starting from.

FourFourTwo magazine has Swindon to be relegated with Scunthorpe finishing bottom.

Latics predicted final position is 20th just one place behind the mighty Sutton Utd…

As for the other end of the table - Newport top and Bradford second… oh, hang on… aren’t they our first two opponents?

😮

4 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

You got any to counter it? 

🤣🤣🤣

You're the one telling us that Morfuni's ownership will end badly for Swindon Town. That's why I asked you for evidence to back up this assertion.

From your response I assume your answer is "none".

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

🤣🤣🤣

You're the one telling us that Morfuni's ownership will end badly for Swindon Town. That's why I asked you for evidence to back up this assertion.

From your response I assume your answer is "none".

I think you're probably over analysing it to be fair. I was making comparisons to the start of Abdallah's tenure and the excitement of a 'new dawn'. History suggests it usually ends badly.

13 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Which is what was said (quite understandably) about Abdallah.

It's easy to say the right things. We all got excited by the video they put up on the first day which ended with AL's menacing smile.

I'm not so sure. Quite a few of us had serious reservations before the takeover had been completed, especially after him dumping a load of players on Sheridan when Corney was still in charge...

Archived