League 2 Activity 2021/22

22 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Which is what was said (quite understandably) about Abdallah.

It's easy to say the right things. We all got excited by the video they put up on the first day which ended with AL's menacing smile.

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm not so sure. Quite a few of us had serious reservations before the takeover had been completed, especially after him dumping a load of players on Sheridan when Corney was still in charge...

Exactly. His very first press conference with Wellens was some of the most uncomfortable viewing I’ve seen, and left me feeling very cold about our prospects under this very strange man. I was calling for him to tell us his plan within weeks, highly suspicious there wasn’t one…..

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Another player goes to non league, well out of our range this one.

https://fanbanter.co.uk/wrexham-pull-of-signing-of-the-summer-with-32-goal-striker/?s=09

Ridiculously stupid move on mullins part. Had the chance to walk in to league 1 team even just staying where he was. Nevermind the top end league 1 teams who would look at him. At his age itl be the last chance he had. Rest of his career will now be in conference. Maybe league 2

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looks like Rob Mcelhenney and Ryan Reynolds are being serious.

Never doubted they would be. Reynolds was doing promos for F1, whether he was over here or not I don't know. How long they will be around for I don't know, but it's about time Wrexham came back. 

I wasn't convinced by AL, but decided to see how it went. It didn't take long to make up my mind. When the 3 amigos turned up however, I was over the moon. That also ended up badly.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Never doubted they would be. Reynolds was doing promos for F1, whether he was over here or not I don't know. How long they will be around for I don't know, but it's about time Wrexham came back. 

I wasn't convinced by AL, but decided to see how it went. It didn't take long to make up my mind. When the 3 amigos turned up however, I was over the moon. That also ended up badly.

None of them have any idea how much it will set them back and none of them have any idea how to be the owner of a football club here. In America its totally different and they're sponsored to the hilt. If they don't have immediate success theyre going to hit a wall very hard and very quick

23 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

None of them have any idea how much it will set them back and none of them have any idea how to be the owner of a football club here. In America its totally different and they're sponsored to the hilt. If they don't have immediate success theyre going to hit a wall very hard and very quick

Maybe they've employed good people to run it. 

22 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

They've managed to get Tik Tok as shirt sponsors. More than any EFL club could do.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:49 PM, longtimeblue said:

I think you're probably over analysing it to be fair. I was making comparisons to the start of Abdallah's tenure and the excitement of a 'new dawn'. History suggests it usually ends badly.

It's understandable that anyone would be cynical about new owners after our experience with Blitz & co and now the Chuckle Brothers. But there are examples of decent and ambitious owners out there. I can't wait for the day the Lemsagams disappear, they're so bad I'll take a chance on whoever comes next.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, Chris15Arm said:

Ridiculously stupid move on mullins part. Had the chance to walk in to league 1 team even just staying where he was. Nevermind the top end league 1 teams who would look at him. At his age itl be the last chance he had. Rest of his career will now be in conference. Maybe league 2

Easy money for doing an easier job, what's not to like?

Fair play to the lad for ignoring the rat race and doing what he wants to do.

5 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Says a lot about the way Exeter are running their academy that a seven-figure sum isn't unusual and that they're able to turn it down.

Key certainly has the potential to be a Championship player.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

One could also think he lacks ambition !

It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks does it?

I know a fair few who've gone down the road of being ambitious, they're either divorced or no longer with us

Balance, being nearer to home and self fulfilment, guess that sums up Mullins's move, oh and the signing on fee 🤑

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Joey Barton charged with assaulting a woman. Innocent until proven guilty and all that... 

His previous of being a bell end tips the scales slightly against him on this for me 

as an aside I listened to a podcast by a former Strangeways Prison Officer who talked about Barton and how he was basically allowed to do whatever he liked and was given the job of running the gym (a very coveted position) at the expense of a guy who’d been doing it for ages as “it made keeping his fitness up easier”

can’t stand the guy 

Archived