OASF 1895 lottery

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow....thank you ever so much folks. it means a lot

and It literally is in our hands.....our the 1895 contingency fund that is

We will be rolling out other stuff about September time to coincide with an all singing/dancing website.

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Might be a bit naive here, but with Barry saying AL wants 5m for the club and SB wants 6m for the land, what kind of figures are you looking for with the OASF lottery...?

If the club went into admin the administrator wouldn't be looking for £5m

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Might be a bit naive here, but with Barry saying AL wants 5m for the club and SB wants 6m for the land, what kind of figures are you looking for with the OASF lottery...?

We're basically in the situation where across all the supporter groups we have nothing, so we have to start somewhere.

Undeniably it should have been done years ago. 

This is the first of several initiatives, and not the main one, more of those later. 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Least I can do after giving Herr Evans a season tickets worth 

Ha! A year for us is huge testament of trust. I like that, everyone that has bought a season tcket has to buy a year lottery!! 🤣

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Liking this well done @singe and to the foundation  @underdog I’m on Paupers corner due to car issues (roll on company car) until Tuesday but take this as another signing up for the year 👍

this is the first of many that we hope will cover all the fan base and their finances. Pledges will be next and we are even looking at "leave a latics legacy"  yes in your will, Canaries Trust has this. Think Dale fan who left 1/2 million to his club...yikes.

Hearts foundation said to us "give what you can" and when you can

If anyone  can't give direct, then sign up for the Easyfudrasing online shopping app. 4, 000 plus retailers who will give us the kick back if you use them. THink food shopping, changing your insurance, booking holidyas...or eventually booking overnight for an away fixture. I use ebay a lot so I use this app.

Or, you can really cross over to the dark side and join us as a member for free -make us a stronger voice, the more we represent the better. 

Cheers and thanks

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

this is the first of many that we hope will cover all the fan base and their finances. Pledges will be next and we are even looking at "leave a latics legacy"  yes in your will, Canaries Trust has this. Think Dale fan who left 1/2 million to his club...yikes.

Hearts foundation said to us "give what you can" and when you can

If anyone  can't give direct, then sign up for the Easyfudrasing online shopping app. 4, 000 plus retailers who will give us the kick back if you use them. THink food shopping, changing your insurance, booking holidyas...or eventually booking overnight for an away fixture. I use ebay a lot so I use this app.

Or, you can really cross over to the dark side and join us as a member for free -make us a stronger voice, the more we represent the better. 

Cheers and thanks

Excellent stuff Tracy. This may have already been answered, but is there going to be a running total of funds raised ? I believe this will really motivate people and see the different the foundation are trying to make. 

37 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Excellent stuff Tracy. This may have already been answered, but is there going to be a running total of funds raised ? I believe this will really motivate people and see the different the foundation are trying to make. 

my partner in crime Singe, has already flagged this as an excellent suggestion. If we are unable to use it via the clubforce lottery system, we will get it on the current website, and we were planning to publish the monthly report via clubforce on the website regardless anyway.

Eventually, on the new site we want to have that "pledge here" kind of button for the 1895 contingency fund that will give that running total and maybe allows to say who has pledge what and when.

We have looked at other fundraising platforms and the costing of it, but we are going to heavily invest in our own professional site that will make us look more credible and appealing to businesses/investors too. It has been approved at recent board meeting, it will take a large chunk out of the current finances (NOT the 1895 contingency fund as that is ring-fenced) and monthly costs for its up keep too - think cyber security/hacking insurance.

Running cost of the OASF will be covered (we hope) by Easyfundraising and 4-5 seasonal events. Two very prominent ones are the pre-season Ernie Cooksey memorial trophy match V Rochdale...they won last one.   And the Gordon Lawton end of season cricket match and family fund day. fingers toes and everything else crossed we can get them both on.

Fans have to have clear line of sight of what, when and which pot your monies are going into. 

To ID the contingency fund pot - it is three words

OASF (who we are)               1895 (is the contingency account)               ????? (is what it is - ie lottery)

Having an independant Fan like Singe to help us out and continue to  "oversee" this project has been invaluable....We maybe at opposite ends of the country, but we made it work.

Archived