BPAS PODCAST: 17th May '21 Episode 35: Barry Owen

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

2031 rings a bell.

If that's true, it's not very long at all in lease terms and that means the value of the club is devaluing as every minute passes just like any other business who has only a short term lease and relies on that premises to trade

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PeteG said:

I've just asked this on another thread but does anyone know how long is left on the lease that the club has? I could be way out but from memory it's only about 10 years or less which is not long at all. The clock is ticking and we could be homeless. We need an owner who can buy the lot if we are ever to move forward in the slightest. I've always felt Blitz would be happy to see the club go under as it would then allow him to build on the land and in my eyes it's worth far more without a club than with one.

Think it already has - BPAS replied to my comment on the 10 year thing that Blitz had told them the only covenant was the ACV which gives someone (the community)  6 months to realise they can’t afford it before it sells 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Think it already has - BPAS replied to my comment on the 10 year thing that Blitz had told them the only covenant was the ACV which gives someone (the community)  6 months to realise they can’t afford it before it sells 

Yes that's the covenant and the ACV but the issue is the lease, once that runs out the club is effectively homeless

We signed a 20 year lease on Boundary Park back in 2011 I can't find the article but I remember Corney saying as much. Genuinely don't think its a problem as both the club and the land will be under different ownership by then. We have far bigger issues infront of us.

Oh and enjoyed this:

Blitz's lawyer Jonathon Crook told BBC Radio Manchester there is a "real risk" of the club going into administration, something director Barry Owen has dismissed as an "absolute nonsense".

"My owner has got this club into a financial situation that's been better than it has been for years but there's no sign this club will go into administration," Owen told BBC Radio Manchester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51501692.amp

12 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Oh and enjoyed this:

Blitz's lawyer Jonathon Crook told BBC Radio Manchester there is a "real risk" of the club going into administration, something director Barry Owen has dismissed as an "absolute nonsense".

"My owner has got this club into a financial situation that's been better than it has been for years but there's no sign this club will go into administration," Owen told BBC Radio Manchester.

"My owner"........sycophantic herbert

Part of the problem that has existed for sure

26 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Oh and enjoyed this:

I probably should have asked Matt abd Andy to ask Barry on this I remember the interview where he dismissed the concerns as propoganda against the owner. Sorry my owner:)

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I probably should have asked Matt abd Andy to ask Barry on this I remember the interview where he dismissed the concerns as propoganda against the owner. Sorry my owner:)

And errrrr ladies.....

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not to be trusted Mr Owen, runs with the hare and hunts with the hound, seen a few of these characters at Latics over last 20 years or so - part of the problem 

With the caveat that I haven't listened to the entire podcast yet, his general get out seems to be that whenever anything bad was happening the directors were kept in the dark. When it suited him however, he did an investigation. Into what, and the outcome of which, I couldn't fathom. Although the FA employ him because of his police experience. Such great police skills that he knows there have been dodgy dealings over the transfer of the North Stand but is unable to provide any proof despite being on the board whilst said dealings were taking place. 

Thanks for your magnificent efforts lads and for asking all the right questions. My overall impression of Barry, so much wind and piss. 

5 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

With the caveat that I haven't listened to the entire podcast yet, his general get out seems to be that whenever anything bad was happening the directors were kept in the dark. When it suited him however, he did an investigation. Into what, and the outcome of which, I couldn't fathom. Although the FA employ him because of his police experience. Such great police skills that he knows there have been dodgy dealings over the transfer of the North Stand but is unable to provide any proof despite being on the board whilst said dealings were taking place. 

Thanks for your magnificent efforts lads and for asking all the right questions. My overall impression of Barry, so much wind and piss. 

TBF it has been known for the police to turn a blind eye to dodgy dealings before. Could be a default setting. 

27 minutes ago, disjointed said:

TBF it has been known for the police to turn a blind eye to dodgy dealings before. Could be a default setting. 

Its also been known for police to bully people into confessions of crimes they didn't commit by interogating them and claiming they have evidence when they don't. Hence why people go to prison for crimes they didn't commit. (Not saying this is what all police officers do btw I think the vast majority are good people who do it for the right reasons)

Not saying this is happening either but Barry has no evidence to back up his claim despite being in the thick of the whole of this from beginning to end. 

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its also been known for police to bully people into confessions of crimes they didn't commit by interogating them and claiming they have evidence when they don't. Hence why people go to prison for crimes they didn't commit. (Not saying this is what all police officers do btw I think the vast majority are good people who do it for the right reasons)

Not saying this is happening either but Barry has no evidence to back up his claim despite being in the thick of the whole of this from beginning to end. 

You're a big fan of Line of Duty then?

On 5/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, oafcmetty said:

Oh and enjoyed this:

I appreciate the interview he did which gave a decent insight into the club over the last decade and a half, but the above is one of many reasons why he should never be in a position of influence at the club again in the future.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:14 AM, GlossopLatic said:

Do you actually know there is no evidence? You are not exactly going to put the evidence all over social media or disclose it on a podcast. I'd bet any potential investigation still has legs or have you evidence there is no investigation? Blitz said some pretty questionable things regarding the transfer of the stand to Brassbank at the Q&A so much so his lawyer had to interject.

Archived