Oldham v Man Utd

I'm a little bit surprised that they even had match programmes back then. I've quite often wondered recently whether old football programmes are or ever will be a decent 'investment', but those clearly might be, at least if some people will really pay those prices. I've bought a number of programmes from the 1960s and 1970s recently, average price about £2.50. That sounds quite cheap, except when you realize that the original price was 5p-10p, so that they now cost around 3500% as much. Even allowing for inflation, that's a serious increase in real terms. So maybe they are a worthwhile long term investment.

Latics first known programme was 1906, programmes being in existence (even if only a one sheet card) for many years earlier. Just like going to the theatre then , the audience liked to know who was who - and revenue to the clubs or theatres was always welcome! 

My earliest Latics issue is from that era but I won’t be bidding on those particular programmes.  I know a couple of people who are interested however so the estimates may be achieved. 
For anyone who really wants to know about the great array of programmes past and present, values, designs, and availability then get a copy of “Programme Monthly and Football Collectible “. PM if you want details. 

Archived