SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have followed but professionally not reacted to the grossly inaccurate comments and deliberately harmful posts on social media over the last few months by a small number of individuals joining together and intimidating several members of staff, and at the same time harming the Club in the process. As a Board we feel obliged to protect our staff at all levels from these attacks especially when they are based on fabrication, so we are now taking appropriate steps with legal representatives to address this. 

15 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

We have followed but professionally not reacted to the grossly inaccurate comments and deliberately harmful posts on social media over the last few months by a small number of individuals joining together and intimidating several members of staff, and at the same time harming the Club in the process. As a Board we feel obliged to protect our staff at all levels from these attacks especially when they are based on fabrication, so we are now taking appropriate steps with legal representatives to address this. 

WTF?

42 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Based on ?

When he was a councillor he did F... all but playing a wannabe politician, now he thinks he's a politician he's happy  but still does F... all.

49 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Can't say I've seen any of this : has anyone else...?

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Who is the MP for Oldham for the part of Oldham that Boundary Park is located because its worth us targeting them and making them aware of this. Their is no point me emailing my MP its not something that he should be bothered about.

I know Cllr Abdul Jabbar was in charge of the ward BP sits in. He was Vice-chair at OMBC (I think). OASF contacted him with our ACV complaint at the time. He was not really helpful.

Im sure if their was any threats to staff or anything slanderous to the club on here then I imagine the admin would have deleted it.

Does anyone at the club not sit down and think when they send out statements like this and have a conversation saying this might make us look ridiculous.

OMBC have stressed they would NOT be happy to loose a professional football team in the borough.

When OAFC is successful, the town reaps the benefits.

We have a strategy that includes OMBC engagement. One step is "pledging" support/Long term partners. This could be financial as well as resources.

We have had to splash the cash in order to get our own house in order/fit and ready to undertake this step. More details should rollout by September time.

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Does anyone at the club not sit down and think when they send out statements like this and have a conversation saying this might make us look ridiculous.

I remember Karl telling me he had seen previously questionable statements and that they certainly wouldn’t be happening on his watch… 

11 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

It'll be people attacking Karl won't it?

Attacking is a bit of an exaggeration but he should definitely take a large part of the blame…..

This is an extract from the media on him joining the club as CEO….

Karl Evans has been brought in by owner Abdallah Lemsagam to replace former managing director Natalie Atkinson and is tasked with upping revenues and improving fan engagement at Boundary Park.

What I’ve got to do is guide people through this difficult period because the fans and the community are the lifeblood.

“We’ve got to understand what they want and get them back on side. That’s my job.

“Happy fans spend money with the club and I’m not going to beat about the bush about that.

We’ll Karl we’re definitely not happy and you’ve failed totally on your task of improving fan engagement!!!!

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Back to the drawing board then. 

Jim McMahon is not my MP so I have no personal experience of his abilities.

But, based on his performance running Labour's cataclysmic by-election campaign in Hartlepool whilst simultaneously pissing off his neighbouring Labour MP, I wouldn't bank on much competent support from him.

23 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

Jim McMahon is not my MP so I have no personal experience of his abilities.

But, based on his performance running Labour's cataclysmic by-election campaign in Hartlepool whilst simultaneously pissing off his neighbouring Labour MP, I wouldn't bank on much competent support from him.

I know we're getting side-tracked but which MP, and what did he do? 

Archived