SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/11/2021 at 11:14 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

It’s a fair point and I’ll apologise to Tracy for any offence taken 

it was a rash and perhaps unfair hit at the trust - but speaking from experience responding in haste, anger and after “the sauce” is usually ill advised 

Apologies 

* edit I didn’t actually pick up the personal elements which I wouldn’t wish on anyone so I certainly apologise separately for that 

Thank you. Its easy to forget sometimes that there are human beings at the end of this stuff we responding too. I apologies too.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, Wednesday said:

We now know he was there 

I suspect our rep. on the board did bring the petition up. Were minutes taken? Who knows. It's ah update on the club's website and they have probably chosen not to mention the petition without our reps. knowledge. Just because it says at the bottom of the update "Oldham Athletic Board of Directors" doesn't mean our rep. was in agreement with it.

20 hours ago, al_bro said:

I suspect our rep. on the board did bring the petition up. Were minutes taken? Who knows. It's ah update on the club's website and they have probably chosen not to mention the petition without our reps. knowledge. Just because it says at the bottom of the update "Oldham Athletic Board of Directors" doesn't mean our rep. was in agreement with it.

I fully expect our board rep, either himself or via the trust to clarify when he is back from holiday as he is the one who was present.

The fact this statement was released after the deadline from PTB, gave no mention to the petition and when our rep was on holiday says to me 

Karl and the club are the absolute tools we always knew and are showing the foundation as much contempt as they always have 

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I fully expect our board rep, either himself or via the trust to clarify when he is back from holiday as he is the one who was present.

The fact this statement was released after the deadline from PTB, gave no mention to the petition and when our rep was on holiday says to me 

Karl and the club are the absolute shithouse cunts we believe 

That sort of language is not needed.

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

No but it means it was approved by the Oldham Athletic Board of Directors. That one member may or may not have agreed with the wording or its content is irrelevant. gGoverance does require unanimous votes or agreement. 

On 6/11/2021 at 8:54 PM, underdog said:

Paul has been away most of the week and returns next week. I have asked where we aware of the statement, its content and timing, I have not hear. I will presume he is incommunicado.

It's 11 days now since the club put out that horrific statement signed by the board of Directors (which includes the Trust Rep). Have we any news from Paul whether he signed this off or was just ignored by the club. I think people would like an update by now.

32 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Earlier today, PTB requested an update from The Foundation regarding the going’s on at that board meeting…..

Should be interesting!

It will merely confirm the statement put out by the Clio’s board with the possible addition that there was a dissenting voice. Changes nothing

11 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Manager on a 2yr deal,5 promising signings,maybe the football side of things is improving.

We haven’t kicked a ball since manager got contract and 5 were signed but things on the football side are improving . Really

35 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Manager on a 2yr deal,5 promising signings,maybe the football side of things is improving.

3 defenders from teams who somehow managed to finish below us last season. Hope has big boots to fill. Steady on...

18 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

3 defenders from teams who somehow managed to finish below us last season. Hope has big boots to fill. Steady on...

Let’s let the manager whose won promotion from this league  pick the players!

Is there a mood amongst those planning to boycott home games that some or all of the money not given to the club at the turnstiles should be donated to the Contingency Fund?

Not only depriving the owners of money but also boosting this fund. 
I’ve already bought my ST and have no axe to grind with boycotters who are genuine in their belief in that course of action. I ‘ll donate to the CF anyway. 

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Is there a mood amongst those planning to boycott home games that some or all of the money not given to the club at the turnstiles should be donated to the Contingency Fund?

I’ve already bought my ST and have no axe to grind with boycotters who are genuine in their belief in that course of action. I ‘ll donate to the CF anyway. 

I think people who are not going to home games would be spending the money on going to more away games instead. I am sure the CF can be something we can promote as PTB during the new season through other events etc. It shouldn’t be a case where fans feel they have to do one or the other 👍

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

My thought was that I would donate my ST money to the CF and continue to do so until the Lemmies have actually gone or at least changed their stance (*pipedream). However I will do this at the end of each season rather than the beginning as I would want to retain he right to purchase a ST immediately should the Lemmies leave at anytime during the season. 

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

If this is true this will massively affect away numbers.

It would also get me off the try to be positive fence and fully behind any protests. l would also not purchase the ST l have already budgetted for. Therefore [in at least one case] having the opposite consequence of any 'plan'.

Genuinely angered by this.

Archived