Jump to content

SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


In saying that are PTB keeping an eye on who is signing?

 

first of all I have no idea how to do that but a local petition on change.org  against a development here and the council could say how many signatures came from Singapore rather than Darwen 

Change.org is very secure for safeguarding against signatures from all over the world. They have ‘bot software’ which blocks IP addresses if they try and complete more than a few from the same location. 
 

A lot of familiar names from the message boards and social media looking at the names so far! 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its a pointless exercise. Only petitions that get looked at is to the gov if its over so many thousand names. It probs won't even reach AL or Mo. Theyre only interested in 1 thing. Cold hard cash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Its a pointless exercise. Only petitions that get looked at is to the gov if its over so many thousand names. It probs won't even reach AL or Mo. Theyre only interested in 1 thing. Cold hard cash. 

It is going direct to their personal emails Chris and being delivered to the ground on their return to the club. I know there is press interest in speaking with Abdallah over it, this is only the start of the plans we have for the new season, we have to start somewhere 👍

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Its a pointless exercise. Only petitions that get looked at is to the gov if its over so many thousand names. It probs won't even reach AL or Mo. Theyre only interested in 1 thing. Cold hard cash. 

 

Something that ALMO lose more of everyday they own Oldham Athletic. Its in their interests to sell quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Something that ALMO lose more of everyday they own Oldham Athletic. Its in their interests to sell quickly.

I agree bug they aren't like you and I. Theyre the type of people to dig in and keep chasing more money. Only option I see is someone to come in and buy them out. Which won't happen. Especially at their price. I dont see a way out of it unless we get lucky and have a decent season raising our worth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I agree bug they aren't like you and I. Theyre the type of people to dig in and keep chasing more money. Only option I see is someone to come in and buy them out. Which won't happen. Especially at their price. I dont see a way out of it unless we get lucky and have a decent season raising our worth

You do have a point. 
 

I don’t quite know how they’re chasing money, but they’re definitely the type to dig in against fan pressure. Which isn’t particularly difficult if you’re on a beach on Dubai. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Its a pointless exercise. Only petitions that get looked at is to the gov if its over so many thousand names. It probs won't even reach AL or Mo. Theyre only interested in 1 thing. Cold hard cash. 

Maybe you're right, but it can't do any harm and it only takes a minute to fill it out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Something that ALMO lose more of everyday they own Oldham Athletic. Its in their interests to sell quickly.

This is the point for me. If it costs £3m a year to run the club then what's the difference in taking £2m for it now or £5m in a year? (back of fag packet obviously)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Maybe you're right, but it can't do any harm and it only takes a minute to fill it out.

Somethin like this needs national coverage to even get off the ground. Blackpool did it and got everyone in the country talkin and it took years because their owner dug in. And that included courts and efl etc too. Id love it to work as there's not much we as fans can do. But being a realistic Ronnie I cant see any good coming from it. Just more frustration 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Somethin like this needs national coverage to even get off the ground. Blackpool did it and got everyone in the country talkin and it took years because their owner dug in. And that included courts and efl etc too. Id love it to work as there's not much we as fans can do. But being a realistic Ronnie I cant see any good coming from it. Just more frustration 

 

Its the right time to do it though Chris, after the big 6 and the European Super League fiasco, the footballing world and UK fans in general are building up behind a Community ownership model which would seek to give Communities a say in "their" club. The Government have it on their radar and are putting grants out to support communities keeping their club's identity.  

 

If Al & Mo stay and the status quo remains the same, we are sunk....not sure if we will go out of the EFL or even go bust, we definitely need new ownership as I can't see ALMO changing at all.          

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not just me, but my wife and daughter have signed, plus my son and two of my grandsons will be signing later today, because they know how much it means to me even though they're not Latics supporters (that's what happens when your family are born in different parts of the country).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...