SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Perhaps not quite as close to unique as you might think - Tables 4 and 6 of the latest data here provide some useful info: 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/householdcharacteristics/homeinternetandsocialmediausage/datasets/internetaccesshouseholdsandindividualsreferencetables

Over 20% of 55-64 year olds haven't sent or received an email in the last three months; less than half of people aged 65+ use online banking, read the news online etc. 

Genuinely astonished. My mum is 89. She's on WhatsApp, Facebook, does her banking on line, orders shopping on line and has been an avid YouTube user via her Smart TV during lockdown. Me and my brothers are all well over 200 miles from her and use Portal keep in touch. Can't really grasp why people a generation and more younger than her opt out of something that has been commonplace for more than two decades but each to their own. Seems a bit like continuing to use logs despite the invention of the wheel. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ShireBlue said:

Don’t understand this mentality that we need the whole country behind our cause to put pressure on our owners because of the shit way they have run the club. If other clubs’ fans get behind us, great. If not, so what? It’s our club, we don’t need affirmation from the wider public who might not give a toss.

Also, the petition is one step. One. I’d much rather see the fan base stand up for themselves and make themselves heard than throw their hands up and admit defeat.

The Ched Evans saga is a perfect point. 70 odd thousand signed it. People who had no interest in latics signed it. So it gained coverage from more than just a local paper. The more coverage it gets the more pressure it puts on the club and its reputation and those who run it. A few thousand latics fans isn't even going to make him blink because as he's said before he doesnt need ticket sales. And its clear he doesnt give a shit about us. It needs coverage from a wider network so sponsors and authorities will think twice or ask questions. It needs to hit him where it hurts, his wallet and his reputation. A petition isn't going to do that. It needs something silly or extreme. Like for instance, I might get the details wrong here so forgive me, but I think it was Blackburn who threw chickens on the pitch or dressed up or something. It gained more than the local coverage putting pressure on owners. Tennis balls on the pitch at Charlton was it? Blackpool was the centre circle sit in by fans. An email that can be deleted or letter that can be chucked wont do anything. Im not sayin dont do a petition. Im sayin that won't work on its own

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

If all the people on your street signed a form to ask you to sell your house would you sell it?

Can I add to Worcester's awards, worst analogy for the above. Alongside  the Magister award for bloody mindedness in the face of overwhelming evidence for maintaining that everyone in the country was talking about Blackpool wasn't an exaggeration. 

it has the same base to it though. Jus because people want you to do something it doesn't mean you will. Especially when you don't care about those people. Thats my point. And at the peak of the Blackpool saga it was on all the national news and national papers. It made it on to MotD at one point even though that's only Premier league. So yeah it did go national

4 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

The Ched Evans saga is a perfect point. 70 odd thousand signed it. People who had no interest in latics signed it. So it gained coverage from more than just a local paper. The more coverage it gets the more pressure it puts on the club and its reputation and those who run it. A few thousand latics fans isn't even going to make him blink because as he's said before he doesnt need ticket sales. And its clear he doesnt give a shit about us. It needs coverage from a wider network so sponsors and authorities will think twice or ask questions. It needs to hit him where it hurts, his wallet and his reputation. A petition isn't going to do that. It needs something silly or extreme. Like for instance, I might get the details wrong here so forgive me, but I think it was Blackburn who threw chickens on the pitch or dressed up or something. It gained more than the local coverage putting pressure on owners. Tennis balls on the pitch at Charlton was it? Blackpool was the centre circle sit in by fans. An email that can be deleted or letter that can be chucked wont do anything. Im not sayin dont do a petition. Im sayin that won't work on its own

I get what you’re saying mate, and it sounds as though PTB have other things planned. As far as hitting the owners in the pocket, I would have thought their pockets will have already been battered, despite EFL grants and loans.

I think it was Burnley fans who threw a chicken on the pitch at Blackburn. We could throw some substandard footballers on the pitch to protest our football-agent owners, but they’ve been doing it themselves for three years.

“he's said before he doesnt need ticket sales.”

I think you will find MD Natalie Atkinson is responsible for that statement but what she actually said was that Abdallah considered ST sales to be a bonus.

Of course he needs ticket sales...no club can survive without them and Covid has clearly demonstrated that by the amount of clubs seeking bailouts!!!

23 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

it has the same base to it though. Jus because people want you to do something it doesn't mean you will. Especially when you don't care about those people. Thats my point. And at the peak of the Blackpool saga it was on all the national news and national papers. It made it on to MotD at one point even though that's only Premier league. So yeah it did go national

To use your analogy, the more neighbours that sign the letter asking you to move, the more you'll understand the depth of feeling. 

2 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Perhaps not quite as close to unique as you might think - Tables 4 and 6 of the latest data here provide some useful info: 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/householdcharacteristics/homeinternetandsocialmediausage/datasets/internetaccesshouseholdsandindividualsreferencetables

Over 20% of 55-64 year olds haven't sent or received an email in the last three months; less than half of people aged 65+ use online banking, read the news online etc. 

surprised people need stats to tell them such obvious stuff 😂

Yes, some gimmers are a bit savvy but l know people who don't even have a mobile phone nevermind do online banking!!!

Some of the chaps ya see at Latics still ring the operator on one of them phones with a circular dial and ask to be put through.

OK, yes, I'm talkin bout my dad/grandad (RIP)

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Genuinely astonished. My mum is 89. She's on WhatsApp, Facebook, does her banking on line, orders shopping on line and has been an avid YouTube user via her Smart TV during lockdown. Me and my brothers are all well over 200 miles from her and use Portal keep in touch. Can't really grasp why people a generation and more younger than her opt out of something that has been commonplace for more than two decades but each to their own. Seems a bit like continuing to use logs despite the invention of the wheel. 

Genuinely astonished a man of your years and intelligence has never seen an old dear struggling to work out how to put a quid in the shopping trolley.

43 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Genuinely astonished a man of your years and intelligence has never seen an old dear struggling to work out how to put a quid in the shopping trolley.

I tend to avoid the sort of establishment where one has to put a pound in the trolley. (that's a joke by the way) 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

surprised people need stats to tell them such obvious stuff 😂

Yes, some gimmers are a bit savvy but l know people who don't even have a mobile phone nevermind do online banking!!!

Some of the chaps ya see at Latics still ring the operator on one of them phones with a circular dial and ask to be put through.

OK, yes, I'm talkin bout my dad/grandad (RIP)

I still remember the old Latics phone number, began with MAI, I think it still works.

32 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

It was a premium No and I remember it used to piss me off that you were forced to listen to a load of bull shit before you actually got to hear the  ‘latest news’ which was usually stuff you knew about already!!😂

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Dave - just open your eyes and observe the morons fixated to their phones whilst, for example, supposedly walking their dogs or pushing their children in prams. They are oblivious to what they should actually be doing for fear of missing out on a "like" over the sad picture they posted of what they had for their tea. Try engaging in conversation with some of these human sheep who have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the tech giants. Many wouldn't be able to partake in even the simplest of debates because they have forgotten how to interact with other humans. I don't possess a smartphone, have never been on facebook, whatsapp, youtube or anything else for that matter. It's quite a blissful life to be honest and there are an increasing number of people rejecting the bullshit world of social media/tech etc. I have signed the petition but I persoanlly know about 4 or 5 Latics fans who NEVER use social media and v rarely go online, full stop - they won't be able to sign this petition. Hopefully, all those that can - do.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Dave - just open your eyes and observe the morons fixated to their phones whilst, for example, supposedly walking their dogs or pushing their children in prams. They are oblivious to what they should actually be doing for fear of missing out on a "like" over the sad picture they posted of what they had for their tea. Try engaging in conversation with some of these human sheep who have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by the tech giants. Many wouldn't be able to partake in even the simplest of debates because they have forgotten how to interact with other humans. I don't possess a smartphone, have never been on facebook, whatsapp, youtube or anything else for that matter. It's quite a blissful life to be honest and there are an increasing number of people rejecting the bullshit world of social media/tech etc. I have signed the petition but I persoanlly know about 4 or 5 Latics fans who NEVER use social media and v rarely go online, full stop - they won't be able to sign this petition. Hopefully, all those that can - do.

And yet here you are.

7 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Remember it by heart 0161 624 4972 - is the game on? Phoned every weekend I think at one stage  

And they usually had no idea, told you to get to the ground anyway.😆

20 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

I get what you’re saying mate, and it sounds as though PTB have other things planned. As far as hitting the owners in the pocket, I would have thought their pockets will have already been battered, despite EFL grants and loans.

I think it was Burnley fans who threw a chicken on the pitch at Blackburn. We could throw some substandard footballers on the pitch to protest our football-agent owners, but they’ve been doing it themselves for three years.

Haha they have. And I've never really got into the trust or ptb or any of the groups tbh because as far back as I can remember the only noteworthy thing I've seen is paying baxters wages. Other than that the club have generally ignored all the groups. So if they have got other things in pipeline then thats good news

20 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

To use your analogy, the more neighbours that sign the letter asking you to move, the more you'll understand the depth of feeling. 

ALMO dont give a rats arse about peoples feelings. Theyve clearly demonstrated that. Hence why this petition won't touch them. Like someone said earlier, hel go and sit on a beach in dubai and do some online shopping for a lambo or a yacht

56 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Haha they have. And I've never really got into the trust or ptb or any of the groups tbh because as far back as I can remember the only noteworthy thing I've seen is paying baxters wages. 

Paid Beckets too

then on the flip side used Player Share for Latvian Eddie 

55 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

ALMO dont give a rats arse about peoples feelings. Theyve clearly demonstrated that. Hence why this petition won't touch them. Like someone said earlier, hel go and sit on a beach in dubai and do some online shopping for a lambo or a yacht

If he could afford Yachts and Lambos he’d probably already have them

2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

If he has a yacht, all I can say is sail away into the sunset.

Archived