SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

ALMO dont give a rats arse about peoples feelings. Theyve clearly demonstrated that. Hence why this petition won't touch them. Like someone said earlier, hel go and sit on a beach in dubai and do some online shopping for a lambo or a yacht

I am sure PTB feel the same about them Chris but I admire the fact that they are trying to get our supporters feelings out there and hopefully their total lack of conscience and awful ownership will be exposed. Remember the quote "Football is all about the fan?"

ALMO should be nowhere near any UK football club as they are proving to be charlatans and will eventually lead us to complete ruin if they don't go, seen their like at other clubs that have gone to the wall (some have come back stronger, others have just reinvented themselves). The few fans we have left deserve so much better than to be treated with such contempt. The club no longer has any positive identity amongst the community (football community as well) and that is hard to overcome too.           

33 minutes ago, mick26 said:

One small ray of sunshine - ground staff seem to be doing a bigger pitch refurb than last season!

yes its having rather extensive work. Think about six inches is coming off and eight going back on.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

yes its having rather extensive work. Think about six inches is coming off and eight going back on.

😆 Did you have this done with the NHS or private?

11 hours ago, mick26 said:

One small ray of sunshine - ground staff seem to be doing a bigger pitch refurb than last season!

Has anyone double checked it is grass involved and our Head of Asset Stripping Mr Blitz hasn’t started laying foundations for his beloved housing projects?

20 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Has anyone double checked it is grass involved and our Head of Asset Stripping Mr Blitz hasn’t started laying foundations for his beloved housing projects?

The ACV has not been triggered if that is what you mean. 

18 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Yes, l just read that and was heading here to hold my hands up. Seems l have been passed bad information. Rather embarrassing. Suppose everybody has to be wrong sometimes.

yeah, but you set up some half decent puns.

4 hours ago, singe said:

according to the website, 23mm not 23cm is coming off.....

An inch can make all the difference...

The report doesn't make it sound a big job...

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/may/24052021-pitch-maintenance/

It's work that was planned last season but then the cheaper option was taken of mainly sand and overseeding which tbf worked quite well.

28 minutes ago, mick26 said:

It's work that was planned last season but then the cheaper option was taken of mainly sand and overseeding which tbf worked quite well.

Reads like the cheap option again this season. lt's not what was originally planned anyway.

The relationship is beyond repair - have any fans/owners ever repaired a relationship as fractured as the one between OAFC fans and the Lemsagams? The Venkys maybe? . All he is doing is losing money week after week and he is getting no "thanks" for it. I can't see them being around much longer...

I think you’re right, there can be no coming back from this.....Well over 2700 have signed the petition and as pig headed as he is I cannot understand why he would even contemplate giving Curle an 18 month deal and a decent budget when a massive chunk of our fanbase want him out.

What’s the point?

If we go into admin he gets nothing.....

I think if he were to get a reasonable bid now under the circumstances he would be advised to take it and I think he probably would!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I think you’re right, there can be no coming back from this.....Well over 2700 have signed the petition and as pig headed as he is I cannot understand why he would even contemplate giving Curle an 18 month deal and a decent budget when a massive chunk of our fanbase want him out.

What’s the point?

If we go into admin he gets nothing.....

I think if he were to get a reasonable bid now under the circumstances he would be advised to take it and I think he probably would!

Maybe he has realised that his approach has not worked and this is last chance saloon to placate the fan base.  Personally, I think things have gone too far for that but If KC can deliver a successful season without obvious interference, it may make the club more attractive to sell and MO maybe able to recover more of his investment.  Undertaking major pitch renovation and offering KC a longer term deal with a promise of a reasonable player budget does not appear to be the sign of someone looking to sell the club.  Lets face it, if the club starts winning games and challenging, some of the fan base will attend games.

Archived