SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

27 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Maybe he has realised that his approach has not worked and this is last chance saloon to placate the fan base.  Personally, I think things have gone too far for that but If KC can deliver a successful season without obvious interference, it may make the club more attractive to sell and MO maybe able to recover more of his investment.  Undertaking major pitch renovation and offering KC a longer term deal with a promise of a reasonable player budget does not appear to be the sign of someone looking to sell the club.  Lets face it, if the club starts winning games and challenging, some of the fan base will attend games.

Major pitch renovation? Think that may be overstated. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Whitts said:

Call it what you like, I would not be doing it if I was looking to sell up.

Until he sells he has a duty to make sure the club can fulfil its fixtures - that means providing a suitable playing surface 

Hed find selling a lot harder if we were expelled from the league because he didn’t plant some grass (and I don’t mean putting Wazeem in the dressing room)

3 hours ago, Whitts said:

Maybe he has realised that his approach has not worked and this is last chance saloon to placate the fan base.  Personally, I think things have gone too far for that but If KC can deliver a successful season without obvious interference, it may make the club more attractive to sell and MO maybe able to recover more of his investment.  Undertaking major pitch renovation and offering KC a longer term deal with a promise of a reasonable player budget does not appear to be the sign of someone looking to sell the club.  Lets face it, if the club starts winning games and challenging, some of the fan base will attend games.

The mooted major pitch renovation isnt going ahead.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yeah if he said anything like that I’ll eat donkey crap 

That reads like everything every MD I’ve ever worked for has “said”

He probably hasn’t even read it when the media team scribed it 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yeah if he said anything like that I’ll eat donkey crap 

That reads like everything every MD I’ve ever worked for has “said”

He probably hasn’t even read it when the media team scribed it 

Haha that’s was my view too.  I’ve listened to a fair number of Lemsagam interviews and sound bites.  I cannot imagine those quotes being uttered by the bloke himself.  Cut and paste from the club more like.

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

How many last chance saloons can one man have...?

Didn't you ever go in the Mess House on Yorkshire street when Bryn Day had it, that was the last chance saloon.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:34 AM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The relationship is beyond repair - have any fans/owners ever repaired a relationship as fractured as the one between OAFC fans and the Lemsagams? The Venkys maybe? . All he is doing is losing money week after week and he is getting no "thanks" for it. I can't see them being around much longer...

Sisu at Coventry City might be another example?

Apropos of Coventry, they will be back at the Coventry Building Society Stadium- previously Ricoh- from this coming season. Ten year agreement with Wasps but with break clause if new ground built at University of Warwick ( which is in Coventry). 
in League 2, Barrow are putting in seats in the Holker Street End, and at Wimbledon away supporters will be in the Cherry Red Records End. This is in the new Plough Lane stadium with a capacity of around 9300

Closer to home, City are actually reducing capacity at the Etihad. Taking out 1100 seats for more perimeter advertising boards.  

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Apropos of Coventry, they will be back at the Coventry Building Society Stadium- previously Ricoh- from this coming season. Ten year agreement with Wasps but with break clause if new ground built at University of Warwick ( which is in Coventry). 
in League 2, Barrow are putting in seats in the Holker Street End, and at Wimbledon away supporters will be in the Cherry Red Records End. This is in the new Plough Lane stadium with a capacity of around 9300

Closer to home, City are actually reducing capacity at the Etihad. Taking out 1100 seats for more perimeter advertising boards.  

We take out a whole stand while having perimeter advertising boards which many find distracting and doubt if anyone has been influenced to buy the products. I certainly haven't a clue what's displayed despite having watched all the matches.

AL will most likely not bother to open the email, but that doesn't mean it won't have any effect.

If AL has blown around £5m. away, then it's his own fault. Had that money been used wisely and not thrown away on poor recruitment by Mo, he wouldn't have had to put that much in. He isn't going to get that much back and is only throwing good money after bad. He has to see that if he doesn't sell he's going to lose more money and needs to sell to cut his losses.

The best way is to make AL lose face. We could hopefully (covid allowing) have large followings at away games where it could be made loud and clear what we think of him, throughout the game, not the odd chant. If he's in attendance he would be squirming in hi seat, wondering how he can explain to the home club's owners. If AL isn't their Mo will be.

The Blackpool analogy is a poor one because the Oyston's  were only forced out by court action taken by another director demanding the money he was owed, if I'm not mistaken. If that hadn't happened they may still be their.

🗣Final Push!! 

It is the last day to get your signature on the petition being sent to Owner Abdallah Lemsagam. The more signatures the louder the voice. 

Send it to your friends, family and work colleagues to get us over 3️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ before the end of the day!!
Let’s get it signed, it’s time to Reclaim The Faith!

https://www.change.org/p/oldham-athletic-requesting-abdallah-lemsagam-to-sell-oldham-athletic-football-club?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_28978685_en-GB%3A6&recruiter=1204488371&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=tap_basic_share

On 5/28/2021 at 6:33 PM, BP1960 said:

We take out a whole stand while having perimeter advertising boards which many find distracting and doubt if anyone has been influenced to buy the products. I certainly haven't a clue what's displayed despite having watched all the matches.

The perimeter ad boards can't be seen in sunlight and precious few ads. on them after losing sponsors.

On 5/27/2021 at 8:10 PM, Canada_latic said:

Sisu at Coventry City might be another example?

How long have Newcastle fans been trying to get rid of Ashley?

Archived