SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

7 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I'm surprised you've waited this long to go on a bubble bursting campaign. Is there any positivity in your life, or are you just determined to oppose anything and everything that you possibly can?

Bugger, why did I get drawn in? I should have know better.

I’m sat in a waiting room. That’s how bored I have to be to reply to him. 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

I'm surprised you've waited this long to go on a bubble bursting campaign. Is there any positivity in your life, or are you just determined to oppose anything and everything that you possibly can?

Bugger, why did I get drawn in? I should have know better.

Ignore him he hasn't got any friends.

4 hours ago, Wednesday said:

2967 signatures.....population of Oldham is c 240000. Given  that over 500 of the signatures are from out of town less than 1% of people of the town have signed .  Either the premise thar   Football clubs are  the heart of the Community is bollocks or there is no great swell of anti owner feeling in the town? Or alternatively the PTB etc are in their own self confirmatory bubble

You talk a load of absolute shite!!

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me that much if some token few lines were released to day just as way to say “stuff your deadline”

Or maybe a new signing announced just to throw crumbs to the masses. 

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me that much if some token few lines were released to day just as way to say “stuff your deadline”

It would astonish me if they acknowledged it in any way at all 

16 hours ago, Wednesday said:

2967 signatures.....population of Oldham is c 240000. Given  that over 500 of the signatures are from out of town less than 1% of people of the town have signed .  Either the premise thar   Football clubs are  the heart of the Community is bollocks or there is no great swell of anti owner feeling in the town? Or alternatively the PTB etc are in their own self confirmatory bubble

Yes, it's very easy to use statistics to paint the picture you want people to see. There has, however, long been an apathy in Oldham around its sporting clubs. Far too many "plastic mancs" around , speaking in "Sweeney-esque" false, exaggerated manc accents and watching manc clubs on the telly in the pub. 2967 signatures is good in the circumstances but my fear is that we may have "missed the boat". Too many people have lost almost all interest now. I make no apologies for stating again that our utterly useless Trust (now re-vamped as something else) let the fans down badly in their time of need. Too busy "feeling important" instead of mobilising the disgruntled fans during the playing season and getting some hard hitting messages across. 

11 hours ago, Wednesday said:

Have you paid your tenner to charity yet ? 

I’d love to, but I haven’t seen the poster I had the bet with for what feels like an eternity. And I agreed with him/her to pay a charity of their choice. So I don’t know who to pay. 

Do you know him/her in real life? 

The average attendance in the 2019/20 was 3466 we have 2967 signatures so that's 85.6% of our home crowds. I think I read somewhere that around 90% of people have access to the internet these days not scientific but its a ball park number so its pretty unanimous what the people who care about Oldham Athletic think.

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The average attendance in the 2019/20 was 3466 we have 2967 signatures so that's 85.6% of our home crowds. I think I read somewhere that around 90% of people have access to the internet these days not scientific but its a ball park number so its pretty unanimous what the people who care about Oldham Athletic think.

Too simplistic on a number of levels I think.  The hope must be to draw back some of those that have drifted away into being involved so either that has failed or a much smaller percentage of the average home crowd has bothered to sign.  Apathy appears to rule.

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Too simplistic on a number of levels I think.  The hope must be to draw back some of those that have drifted away into being involved so either that has failed or a much smaller percentage of the average home crowd has bothered to sign.  Apathy appears to rule.

Ok well what would you have classed as a good number? personally I think its about as good as could be expected.

Following the not entirely unexpected news that the owner has failed to respond to PTB's request by the given deadline, I would urge ALL supporters to contact their local councillors/ MPs/DCMS Governance Review to air their opinions on what is happening at OAFC and maybe thoughts on what needs to happen to improve our lovely club.

I started a thread on OWTB on 5th May entitled DCMS Governance Review for anyone who may want to get their voice heard. 

50 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Ok well what would you have classed as a good number? personally I think its about as good as could be expected.

I'd have hoped for at least double.  If, say, 75% of the average home crowd had signed it and got one of their mates to sign it that wouldn't be far off.  

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd have hoped for at least double.  If, say, 75% of the average home crowd had signed it and got one of their mates to sign it that wouldn't be far off.  

I think by this stage after 4 years of the Lemmies, 10 years of no top half finishes, a record 15 home defeats in a league season, no attendance at any games since March 2020, continuing non-communication within the UK by the owner (meanwhile quite happy to wax lyrical to the Aussie Press for at least half a season), no update on the long running buy the club/open the North stand saga .....another 25-50% of our latest average home crowd have in reality given up!!!

I am still hopeful that the Lemmies will just up sticks and leave or sell up and I actually welcome the fact that a strong % of the few supporters the club has left could be arsed signing a petition. 

The town has never really supported its sporting clubs with any longevity, apart from a brief love affair with both the football and rugby team in the late 1980s. If we want a club to survive and thrive within the community in which the club serves, then the club must think out of the box and get the club "out there" amongst the people so to speak to turn round an increasingly apathetic or disconnected fanbase.     

14 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I think by this stage after 4 years of the Lemmies, 10 years of no top half finishes, a record 15 home defeats in a league season, no attendance at any games since March 2020, continuing non-communication within the UK by the owner (meanwhile quite happy to wax lyrical to the Aussie Press for at least half a season), no update on the long running buy the club/open the North stand saga .....another 25-50% of our latest average home crowd have in reality given up!!!

I am still hopeful that the Lemmies will just up sticks and leave or sell up and I actually welcome the fact that a strong % of the few supporters the club has left could be arsed signing a petition. 

The town has never really supported its sporting clubs with any longevity, apart from a brief love affair with both the football and rugby team in the late 1980s. If we want a club to survive and thrive within the community in which the club serves, then the club must think out of the box and get the club "out there" amongst the people so to speak to turn round an increasingly apathetic or disconnected fanbase.     

Totally agree. Quotes of there being 240,000 people in the borough is pointless.  The vast majority of those don't, never did have, and never will have an interest.  Simple fact is that if we can't get gates up from where they have got to then we are probably knackered anyway as it becomes unsustainable.

Archived