SELL THE CLUB - AL & MO - TIME TO GO

34 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Following the not entirely unexpected news that the owner has failed to respond to PTB's request by the given deadline, I would urge ALL supporters to contact their local councillors/ MPs/DCMS Governance Review to air their opinions on what is happening at OAFC and maybe thoughts on what needs to happen to improve our lovely club.

I started a thread on OWTB on 5th May entitled DCMS Governance Review for anyone who may want to get their voice heard. 

My MP is Jake Berry and whilst I don’t agree with on most things he always responds promptly to emails 

plus he upset the world of ballet once when talking about football clubs being the cornerstone of Northern towns so I’ll drop him a line 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Following the not entirely unexpected news that the owner has failed to respond to PTB's request by the given deadline, I would urge ALL supporters to contact their local councillors/ MPs/DCMS Governance Review to air their opinions on what is happening at OAFC and maybe thoughts on what needs to happen to improve our lovely club.

I will give it a go, but I doubt that Annastacia Palaszczuk will be of much help.

3 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I started a thread on OWTB on 5th May entitled DCMS Governance Review for anyone who may want to get their voice heard. 

OASF Director Philippa has been heavily involved in the FSA/EFL reform. She is massively advocating financial change (working with a chap at Newcastle university on the accounts of EFl clubs) and the golden share model

Next week the DCMS is looking at league 2 clubs.  There will be focus groups and we will be represented. (more details to follow). We have already shared a good practice document that Blackpool's trust sent around to the groups last week, with permission for us to share. This is on our website

There are lots of good work to scream about but we just don't have the time to do it and we are are short on numbers again as we head into our AGM. So definatley, NOT feeling that important. More stressed..TBH

1 minute ago, underdog said:

OASF Director Philippa has been heavily involved in the FSA/EFL reform. She is massively advocating financial change (working with a chap at Newcastle university on the accounts of EFl clubs) and the golden share model

Next week the DCMS is looking at league 2 clubs.  There will be focus groups and we will be represented. (more details to follow). We have already shared a good practice document that Blackpool's trust sent around to the groups last week, with permission for us to share. This is on our website

There are lots of good work to scream about but we just don't have the time to do it and we are are short on numbers again as we head into our AGM. So definatley, NOT feeling that important. More stressed..TBH

Perhaps you need a cantankerous old soul like me on board to shake the FA/EFL old school tie types up.😉 

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Perhaps you need a cantankerous old soul like me on board to shake the FA/EFL old school tie types up.😉 

You should meet Philippa. When we went to meet the EFL in November 2019, to highlight our concerns, we met the new EFL chair. 

Well Philippa, made him bounce in his chair literally, with regards to her critical over view of our experience as shareholders. Specifically the accounts.

She will be a massive, massive loss to OASF and the FSA as she has decided to step down at our summer AGM. We are hoping we can keep her on in some capacity - if she wants too that is

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Who is the MP for Oldham for the part of Oldham that Boundary Park is located because its worth us targeting them and making them aware of this. Their is no point me emailing my MP its not something that he should be bothered about.

What are your issues in your letter to an Oldham MP?      Team selection.? Player recruitment ? Results?   The Director of Football ? etc etc.......the club is a joke but what exactly would be of interest to a Member of Parliament?  

59 minutes ago, Wednesday said:

What are your issues in your letter to an Oldham MP?      Team selection.? Player recruitment ? Results?   The Director of Football ? etc etc.......the club is a joke but what exactly would be of interest to a Member of Parliament?  

Negative as usual !

There are plenty of aspects that the MP should be interested in, mainly that this is a community club. That it may not survive because of mismanagement.  No effort has been made to look after fans, the most comfortable stand not used because the absent owner has simply fallen out with the partners in the running of the stand. Hence number of fans and sponsors diminishing to the point it may not survive.  MPs should be interested in helping to  strengthen the voice of the fans (his/her voters) in safeguarding   football clubs from hostile businessmen.

lots of reasons!

9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Who is the MP for Oldham for the part of Oldham that Boundary Park is located because its worth us targeting them and making them aware of this. Their is no point me emailing my MP its not something that he should be bothered about.

The reason for messaging your own MP is that they only tend to respond to their own constituents no matter the subject matter 

25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The reason for messaging your own MP is that they only tend to respond to their own constituents no matter the subject matter 

But the only two that should be at all bothered are the two Oldham MPs.  

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Maybe so but I would say that this is only a concern for the MPs whos constituency Oldham Athletic is actually in, and even then I only think its an issue for the politicians if the club is genuinely at risk of extinction which it isn't yet.....

11 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Jim McMahon.

Archived