BPAS PODCAST: 31st May '21 Episode 37: KC & The Suspect Stand

Keith Curle has penned a two year deal with The Latics but was it the club that offered, or does KC drive a hard bargain? PTB have created a petition asking AL to sell the club but will it have any effect? What is really going on with the north stand? All questions we'll be trying to answer this week! 

Please help us do the work we do by visiting www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing and looking in our online shop. We'll be adding more products in the coming weeks and months and would be grateful if you purchased the odd one or two to show your support!

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Keith Curle has penned a two year deal with The Latics but was it the club that offered, or does KC drive a hard bargain? PTB have created a petition asking AL to sell the club but will it have any effect? What is really going on with the north stand? All questions we'll be trying to answer this week! 

Please help us do the work we do by visiting www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing and looking in our online shop. We'll be adding more products in the coming weeks and months and would be grateful if you purchased the odd one or two to show your support!

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.

Nice title 👍

The ownership of the ground not being the same as the ownership of the club is a red herring to a point.  As pointed out on the pod it is far from an uncommon situation.  I guess the difference though is that in most cases (I imagine) the owners of stadiums want to own them for whatever reason while I'm sure the owner of ours would rather that hey didn't own it.

Ptb lads talked about rent of 100k as being cheap. I'd agree if like most other clubs that lease their stadium 7 days a week and generate the revenue for the club. That's the major stumbling block I'd have thought. I'd go as far as saying it would be a decent deal at double that if the club ran the OEC. Instead we've a 3rd party trying to run a business out of the stand. Also the lads suggested the club should pay to have the top floor completed and they'd rake it in. Why would the fork out over 500k to finish a stand for another company to profit from. Its a ridiculous suggestion to be fair. Until Brassbank do a 7 day a week lease to the club or sell to the club (regardless of who the owner is) we will forever be stuck in limbo 

• Matt featured this topic
2 hours ago, PeteG said:

Ptb lads talked about rent of 100k as being cheap. I'd agree if like most other clubs that lease their stadium 7 days a week and generate the revenue for the club. That's the major stumbling block I'd have thought. I'd go as far as saying it would be a decent deal at double that if the club ran the OEC. Instead we've a 3rd party trying to run a business out of the stand. Also the lads suggested the club should pay to have the top floor completed and they'd rake it in. Why would the fork out over 500k to finish a stand for another company to profit from. Its a ridiculous suggestion to be fair. Until Brassbank do a 7 day a week lease to the club or sell to the club (regardless of who the owner is) we will forever be stuck in limbo 

The £100k has been the price of the lease for a number of years. The owner of the club has the option to try and engage with Brassbank but has chose not to, instead threatening court action despite Abdallah knowing he never owned the ground. 

Did we suggest the club should pay for it? I don’t think we did and was never meant to sound like that. 

54 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

The £100k has been the price of the lease for a number of years. The owner of the club has the option to try and engage with Brassbank but has chose not to, instead threatening court action despite Abdallah knowing he never owned the ground. 

Did we suggest the club should pay for it? I don’t think we did and was never meant to sound like that. 

This might have already been mentioned and Ive not listened tonthis latest edition so apologies if Im going over old ground but does OEC pay OAFC rent? My understanding of this whole thing originally was that brassbank owns the land and OAFC pays them a ground rent. However the hospitality is then outsourced to OEC who pays OAFC a fee for this. This is something I know is very common in corporate hospitality as I used to work for a company who did this for 3 current premiership clubs and one former premiership club.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This might have already been mentioned and Ive not listened tonthis latest edition so apologies if Im going over old ground but does OEC pay OAFC rent? My understanding of this whole thing originally was that brassbank owns the land and OAFC pays them a ground rent. However the hospitality is then outsourced to OEC who pays OAFC a fee for this. This is something I know is very common in corporate hospitality as I used to work for a company who did this for 3 current premiership clubs and one former premiership club.

I've read tha half a dozen times and i can't get my head round why OEC would pay rent to OAFC. I think i can safely say that's a no. 

44 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The way I see it- the OEC is a management company created and appointed by Blitz. They pay any profits the stand makes to brassbank. OEC management are in effect just negotiating with the club on Blitz’s behalf. 

Hence why Abdallah won’t negotiate, because ultimately he doesn’t want to give blitz a penny. 

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I've read tha half a dozen times and i can't get my head round why OEC would pay rent to OAFC. I think i can safely say that's a no. 

We would lease the ground from Brassbank and then sub lease the hospitality to OEC that type pf thing can and does happen.

12 hours ago, adamoafc said:

I went back and listened to it a 2nd time and you both did. You said the club could rake it in. Unfortunately that isn't the case is it? OEC take the profits. The club had an SLA a couple of seasons ago for the exec. boxes that the OEC charged "cost price" for meals and the club then sold the packages. After paying the OEC for the meals, staff etc. they were left with the price of a normal match ticket. Hardly worth it is it. The club should have tried to secure a full 7 day lease allowing them to earn money 7 days a week from the stand as it was intended for.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

We would lease the ground from Brassbank and then sub lease the hospitality to OEC that type pf thing can and does happen.

Agree with this but it definitely isn't the case here. Brassbank own the ground and the Directors of the OEC are the same directors as Brassbank. I'm assuming Glo Gym pay rent to either Brassbank or the OEC but either way it goes in the same pocket.

The question that needs asking is what is the FLG's role with the OEC? They obviously have made an announcement sometime ago that they are running the OEC but there is no other company set up. Do they just work for the OEC (Blitz, Gazal, Kocheran) or are they subletting from the OEC, or are they just self employed and invoice OEC for their services of running it. It's rather confusing. When the fans bar was open for example, who took the profits, OEC, Brassbank or FLG (in what form as I can't see a company set up) It's no wonder the club don't engage with the people running the OEC because I can't see where they would be recognised officially to negotiate any deal. In reality they don't exist.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

The question that needs asking is what is the FLG's role with the OEC? They obviously have made an announcement sometime ago that they are running the OEC but there is no other company set up. Do they just work for the OEC (Blitz, Gazal, Kocheran) or are they subletting from the OEC, or are they just self employed and invoice OEC for their services of running it. It's rather confusing. When the fans bar was open for example, who took the profits, OEC, Brassbank or FLG (in what form as I can't see a company set up) It's no wonder the club don't engage with the people running the OEC because I can't see where they would be recognised officially to negotiate any deal. In reality they don't exist.

One thing I have come to believe over the duration of this whole shit show is that the “FLG” are just as self serving and shady as anyone - they can all get fucked for me 

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Agree with this but it definitely isn't the case here. Brassbank own the ground and the Directors of the OEC are the same directors as Brassbank. I'm assuming Glo Gym pay rent to either Brassbank or the OEC but either way it goes in the same pocket.

Glo Gym won't pay the OEC they sub let the gym from either OAFC or Brassbank. Brassbank is Blitz OEC is simon Brooke and the fella from materchef. They are 2 different entities.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Glo Gym won't pay the OEC they sub let the gym from either OAFC or Brassbank. Brassbank is Blitz OEC is simon Brooke and the fella from materchef. They are 2 different entities.

Except OEC isn't Brooke or Wood, it's Blitz, Gazal and Kocheran. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Should have kept the Ford stand, it would still have been adequate today.

FLG who are running the OEC have offered to get round the table with AL & Co on more than one occasion and sort it all out. So far the club has refused the invitation and as usual it’s the fans who have suffered....

Karl Evans has said in an email that he’s hopeful the Stand will be open for supporters at the start of next season but he’s been saying the same for months now.

The club, Blitz, and the FLG are not involved in discussions as far as I’m aware so the possibility of the Stand being open anytime soon is just about zero!

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

FLG who are running the OEC have offered to get round the table with AL & Co on more than one occasion and sort it all out. So far the club has refused the invitation and as usual it’s the fans who have suffered....

Karl Evans has said in an email that he’s hopeful the Stand will be open for supporters at the start of next season but he’s been saying the same for months now.

The club, Blitz, and the FLG are not involved in discussions as far as I’m aware so the possibility of the Stand being open anytime soon is just about zero!

Agree with most of what you have said except you say the FLG say they are running the OEC, in what official capacity? If you were renting a house and some random guy knocked on your door and said i'm now running the house on behalf of your landlord and i'm putting your rent up would you just accept that or would you contact your landlord and fail to recognise said random guy until they are acting in some official capacity?

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

The way I see it- the OEC is a management company created and appointed by Blitz. They pay any profits the stand makes to brassbank. OEC management are in effect just negotiating with the club on Blitz’s behalf. 

Hence why Abdallah won’t negotiate, because ultimately he doesn’t want to give blitz a penny. 

That's fairly much it 

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Can't be just me that's warming to PeteG on his North Stand knowledge

The Gym will pay rent to Brassbank whose main directors are Blitz and Gazal  

Archived