Euro 2020 Prediction Competition

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Dropped from third to tenth and it was looking quite promising until today. I'm aiming for 17th now; it's my comfort zone.

Don't show your hand too early, you don't want a target on your back. 

13 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Dropped from third to tenth and it was looking quite promising until today. I'm aiming for 17th now; it's my comfort zone.

Hold on there ... thats my position and I am terrible at this sort of stuff. 

4 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

Top of the table: 

image.jpeg

It's no fun at the top! I think I may get all excited then capitulate, and then not be arsed for the final few games....remind you of anything? I think the OWTB winner should be whoever comes 17th in true Latics fashion!

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

It's no fun at the top! I think I may get all excited then capitulate, and then not be arsed for the final few games....remind you of anything? I think the OWTB winner should be whoever comes 17th in true Latics fashion!

Excellent idea. I'm going for it.

56 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Feck me, I’ve just realised my two teams are Oldham and England 😩

Pound Sterling.

Thats an order.

Waste of a shirt.

Kane also playing like he needs one.

We will probably get both on loan now.

11 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Pound Sterling.

Thats an order.

Waste of a shirt.

Kane also playing like he needs one.

We will probably get both on loan now.

I've been a fan of Southgate, but the longer he stays in the job, the more cautious he and England seem to be getting.

Two holding midfielders against bloody Scotland, unbelievable.

Takes Foden off and leaves £ on. Ignores Sancho, Bellingham, Grealish (until well into the second half) and Calvert-Lewin. Where was the flair, the passion?

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

I've been a fan of Southgate, but the longer he stays in the job, the more cautious he and England seem to be getting.

Two holding midfielders against bloody Scotland, unbelievable.

Takes Foden off and leaves £ on. Ignores Sancho, Bellingham, Grealish (until well into the second half) and Calvert-Lewin. Where was the flair, the passion?

This for me too.

He is way too cautious and, although ultimately the pragmatic thing to do, it was sad to see England not go for the win at the end.

However the players have to take some sort of responsibility. Kane was woeful as were Foden and Sterling. Neither fullback was very adventurous and as you say TWO holding midfielders....Would Grealish have made a difference if he had been on the pitch from the start? Well why don’t you try it and find out Mr Southgate?

The manager needs to be bold with his selections against the Czech Republic.

Many will argue that stats mean zip but here’s an interesting one: In the two games they have played at the tournament England are averaging a shot on target every 60 minutes...😱

It was noticeable that when Grealish got the ball and checked inside there was no one to give it to to have a shot.

Two of our midfielders were on the half way line and Mount was out on the left wing having passed the ball five yards to the Villa man.

Kane doesn't look fit and should be on the bench against the Czechs, giving Calvert-Lewin a game, and Sterling has reverted to his dithering episodes and should be sat next to him.

We have the young forwards to do well in this competition but need to move the ball quicker towards the opposition's box instead of playing "Chuckle Brothers football" in our own half.

I totally agree with the comments about Southgate's caution. I'm going to take on the Monty role and try and launch a boat of optimism. 

Although Scotland are a minor footballing nation, this was their World Cup final. 

We beat Croatia comfortably without looking like conceding. 

The Scotland display might shake the manager into sending out a more positive team. 

Remember 96. Doom and gloom after an initial poor draw. Narrowly beat Scotland to get to four points then annihilated Holland. Only a penalty shoot out away from the final. 

Channel your inner Gazza and believe. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I totally agree with the comments about Southgate's caution. I'm going to take on the Monty role and try and launch a boat of optimism. 

Although Scotland are a minor footballing nation, this was their World Cup final. 

We beat Croatia comfortably without looking like conceding. 

The Scotland display might shake the manager into sending out a more positive team. 

Remember 96. Doom and gloom after an initial poor draw. Narrowly beat Scotland to get to four points then annihilated Holland. Only a penalty shoot out away from the final. 

Channel your inner Gazza and believe. 

You've gone "The full Monty" there. 

Archived