Pre-Season Friendlies - July 2021

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Have to agree with this. There is no real relationship with our neighbours and betters - given our proximity to the two Manchester clubs I would have expected to see more loanees

Historically I'd have expected more from City but the David Brown affair soured relations with old red nose.  Now though I can't see why they would as the standard and style of football is so removed from what they want their kids to learn.  We'd be better off trying to cultivate a relationship with local championship clubs.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

About time these elite clubs helped our their neighbour's, but they are more concerned about raking in money from overseas.

Last time we played citeh in a friendly we got battered 7.1? Maybe 9.1? I was sat in the main stand paddock the club was letting citeh fans in the home end at Half Time I was stood near a bloke in a citeh top with MUNICH 58 on the back who was smoking a spliff and someone decided to let a bloke in United top walk the full length of RRE for him to get gossed on and to have full grown blokes do aeroplane arms at him

Yes it was full house and we earned a few quid but christ there was serious security risks there. 

6 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Last time we played citeh in a friendly we got battered 7.1? Maybe 9.1? I was sat in the main stand paddock the club was letting citeh fans in the home end at Half Time I was stood near a bloke in a citeh top with MUNICH 58 on the back who was smoking a spliff and someone decided to let a bloke in United top walk the full length of RRE for him to get gossed on and to have full grown blokes do aeroplane arms at him

Yes it was full house and we earned a few quid but christ there was serious security risks there. 

You think football "fans" can't sink any lower but then you read about stuff like this. Too much to expect the stewards to throw such pond life out of the ground I suppose.

And too much to expect that said pond life might have realised that Frank Swift, a City great, also died in that crash.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You think football "fans" can't sink any lower but then you read about stuff like this. Too much to expect the stewards to throw such pond life out of the ground I suppose.

And too much to expect that said pond life might have realised that Frank Swift, a City great, also died in that crash.

Obviously it was pre season and policing would of been minimal but it was warm day you could literally see people had city tops on just dont let them in through the turnstiles in the home end

Nothing got out of hand but it could of.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Who'd want to send their prospects to a club who changes manager, hence philosophy/style/approach, every 6 months (at best)?

Arsenal, Leeds, Bournemouth, Leicester, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Bristol City...😉

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Who'd want to send their prospects to a club who changes manager, hence philosophy/style/approach, every 6 months (at best)?

Which club would want to take one our youth for training?

3 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Grammar is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Yep, grammar, spelling and punctuation are all important.

I read somewhere that supposedly there was a famous headline in one of the dailies during WW2 which should have read "British Push - Bottles up Germans". They forgot the hyphen.

Was there not some kick off because we were due to play Birmingham and we cancelled on them to play City instead? Think they used it to play some of their players who had an extended break after the world cup. I know Joe Hart played in goal..

20 minutes ago, flashlatic said:

Was there not some kick off because we were due to play Birmingham and we cancelled on them to play City instead? Think they used it to play some of their players who had an extended break after the world cup. I know Joe Hart played in goal..

I seem to remember that.. under Dickov? 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not sure it was that recent but beat them 2-0 I think 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

That would be their u21s?

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Nope - Nigel De Jong, Samir Nasr and Gael Clichy played anyway and it was 2-1 - my memory not what It used to be 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-athletic-2-manchester-city-692232.amp

City were officially away in the far/middle East but because of Euro 2012 any player involved in that didn't travel so we beat a fairly strong City side. 

Grounds got a last minute winner and we were 1-0 up at HT. 

Archived