Pre-Season Friendlies - July 2021

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

799 attendance including 55 from Crewe.

We had just over 2100 their Saturday with 900 from Burnley.

I know these are only friendlies but those are quite eye opening figures. Not that the owners will listen like.

Abit of a shame for the players who by the sounds of it have given a goodish account of themselves I'm both games.

2100 is pretty decent against Burnley for a friendly, Crowd figures are hard to judge for friendlies I would say  lets see what happens in our first 5 home games of the season 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Is it fair to lump Fage in with the other two?

I thought he had something about him when he first played but not so sure now.

Diarra is a nutcase and walking red card if he plays and Badan also has his moments!

Just don't see them as being worthwhile at league 2 level and with additional accommodation costs guess that we could get better suited cheaper players.

Just now, mick26 said:

I thought he had something about him when he first played but not so sure now.

Diarra is a nutcase and walking red card if he plays and Badan also has his moments!

Just don't see them as being worthwhile at league 2 level and with additional accommodation costs guess that we could get better suited cheaper players.

And I think Fage is our longest serving player!

We are as usual these days a 20 goal striker short of the playoffs.  It is however encouraging that even with the restrictions, financial and ownership, we can at last see the results of having the same 'coach' in charge at the start of the season.

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

We are as usual these days a 20 goal striker short of the playoffs.  It is however encouraging that even with the restrictions, financial and ownership, we can at last see the results of having the same 'coach' in charge at the start of the season.

I think you’ll find we had one last season and got nowhere near the playoffs!

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Hope is a Curtis Main type player. Works hard and will run all day, can hold the ball up well but won't score many goals unfortunatley. 

Agree with comments about the trailist keeper, hopefully we can get someone more dominating. He will get bullied in this division due to lack of size

Looks like 3 at the back with wing backs will be our prefered system.

Fage and Badan did little wrong when they came on to be fair....agree Diarra is a liability but we need some bite from somewhere in the midfield and have few options as last season

Vaughan showed some really nice touches when he came on and hopefully will be given some more game time this season.

Hart defo MOM, looks a good aquision and gets some great balls in from the byeline.

Pidge was also excellent when he came on and won everything both in the air and on the deck.

38 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Hope is a Curtis Main type player. Works hard and will run all day, can hold the ball up well but won't score many goals unfortunatley. 

Agree with comments about the trailist keeper, hopefully we can get someone more dominating. He will get bullied in this division due to lack of size

Looks like 3 at the back with wing backs will be our prefered system.

Fage and Badan did little wrong when they came on to be fair....agree Diarra is a liability but we need some bite from somewhere in the midfield and have few options as last season

Vaughan showed some really nice touches when he came on and hopefully will be given some more game time this season.

Hart defo MOM, looks a good aquision and gets some great balls in from the byeline.

Pidge was also excellent when he came on and won everything both in the air and on the deck.

If we can keep Bambi I think we will be OK with Dearnley,  Hope, DKD and young Harry Vaugham(looks very good on the ball always looking to get attacks going , possibly another one bringing in. My concern is the midfield (dm) but I'm sure KC knows this is looking at options. I am also impressed with Hart and Clarke

26 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

If we can keep Bambi I think we will be OK with Dearnley,  Hope, DKD and young Harry Vaugham(looks very good on the ball always looking to get attacks going , possibly another one bringing in. My concern is the midfield (dm) but I'm sure KC knows this is looking at options. I am also impressed with Hart and Clarke

I too think we will have a decent season as long as there are no crazy things going on behind the scenes, other than the ongoing saga.

We wont score as many goals, but we might not have to do if our defence is meaner.

I think Curle will bring in a midfielder after listening to his latest comments. Could the young kid Vaughen play with Whelan or is he not ready yet ?

So if the clowns let Curle be the ringmaster we may see an improvement in results, more consistency and a lift in morale, at least on the pitch, heres hoping 🤞

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I too think we will have a decent season as long as there are no crazy things going on behind the scenes, other than the ongoing saga.

We wont score as many goals, but we might not have to do if our defence is meaner.

I think Curle will bring in a midfielder after listening to his latest comments. Could the young kid Vaughen play with Whelan or is he not ready yet ?

So if the clowns let Curle be the ringmaster we may see an improvement in results, more consistency and a lift in morale, at least on the pitch, heres hoping 🤞

I think Vaughan is going to be used as a sub this season,  he obviously rates him, I also can't decide what type of player whelen is ? But he was certainly pinging the ball around well yesterday, plenty of energy from him. But overall so far I'm very pleased 

3 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I think Vaughan is going to be used as a sub this season,  he obviously rates him, I also can't decide what type of player whelen is ? But he was certainly pinging the ball around well yesterday, plenty of energy from him. But overall so far I'm very pleased 

I think Whelan has potential, there is definately a player in there, last season our midfield and defence was so poor I thing being around better, more disciplined players will bring him on.

Vaughen looks very tidy but very small, doesn't always matter but in league two it may be an issue.

19 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I think Whelan has potential, there is definately a player in there, last season our midfield and defence was so poor I thing being around better, more disciplined players will bring him on.

Vaughen looks very tidy but very small, doesn't always matter but in league two it may be an issue.

actually playing probably helps.

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

16 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Elaborate please, your one liner responses always leave me wanting a better explanation to validate your constant need to jump in feet first without really engaging any useful matter you may have, or may not.

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Elaborate please, your one liner responses always leave me wanting a better explanation to validate your constant need to jump in feet first without really engaging any useful matter you may have, or may not.

Since we signed Callum Whelan about 80 matches ago he has played about ten times*
Hope you can understand now.

*Data compiled from a 0.0096second brain sweep and may not be 100% accurate.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Since we signed Callum Whelan about 80 matches ago he has played about ten times*
Hope you can understand now.

*Data compiled from a 0.0096second brain sweep and may not be 100% accurate.

Funny fella marra

3 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Someone on here said that Crewe were not very physical. if Whelan and Vaughan are allowed to ping the ball around, they will. In L2 however, they won't be allowed to.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Someone on here said that Crewe were not very physical. if Whelan and Vaughan are allowed to ping the ball around, they will. In L2 however, they won't be allowed to.

He looked OK last night , and they wasn't very physical tbh , they certainly didn't look like a team playing in the league above us 

Archived