Song Poll

Blue_Guru

What would you like to sing/hear once that oldham goal flies into the back of the net?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Make your selection for our official chant....

• Love love me do ( a suggestion on JK latics)
    • Guns of navarone
    • Glad all over
    • Mouldy old dough
    • Boys in Blue
    • Party all the time
    • Jump around

We should have something by a local band for the coming out music howabout Blue Monday by New Order? It has blue in the title and we could edit it so that it is at a good part of the tune, it will only be played for about 30 seconds so only a really uptempo bit is needed.

Is there an uptempo bit in any of their songs? :blink:

Edit: They're not that local really!

Apart from those, good choice, T! :wink:

Edited by maddog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The yoof of today, I ask ya.

I am sure there is a remix version that would provide a very blood pumping 30 seconds or so.

oh, hooky is from Salford and the rest of them are mancs, as the trannies and everyone else thinks we are mancs then I don't see the problem.

Edited by beag_teeets

Credit where it's due - it was StipeTripe who first suggested Guns of Navarone arising from a thread about a song for Lee Hughes.

I havent stopped humming the tune to guns of navarone since i first heard it! It has to be a winner.... We have any trumpeteers that fancy volunteering bringing them to the games would sound class!

Play from exactly 15 seconds in and thats all we would need....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHxEijSG7fg...ted&search=

Edited by Blue_Guru

Credit where it's due - it was StipeTripe who first suggested Guns of Navarone arising from a thread about a song for Lee Hughes.

Cheers Mr Sideburns, I've been saying this for ages Mrs S will vouch for that, in fact the last time I mentioned it was on JK when SMJ was trying to get that "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" nonsense going which is quite a few years back. Its always been a quality tune and to my knowledge nobody else does it.

As for the "run out" music. well years ago I heard Danny Baker say he longed for Millwall to run out to this tune, and I've been hooked, would be great at BP :lol:

Th th th th th thats all folks

Edited by StipeTripe

I have always wanted Latics to walk out to a Classical favourite of mine by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.

"The Procession of The Nobles"

Even the title sounds right and the tune itself is a proper fanfare. The versions on You-Tube aren't brilliant but the attached is the best I can find. A proper CD quality version though at full blast would be awesome in my opinion. I'm sure a proper Orchestra-performed version can be downloaded from the internet.

Classical music is timeless. Sunderland use "The Montagues and Capulets" and in the past, we have heard Copland's "Fanfare For The Common Man" at Boundary Park. This would be unique though and I'm sure it would send a shiver down the spine if used to announce the entry of our Nobles onto the hallowed turf!

The full version would be too long but if it were started at the 3 minute and 5 second mark on this version, you'd have about 60 seconds worth of the fanfare building up to a loud crescendo.

The Procession of The Nobles

Problem at latics isnt just getting the music. It's cutting it off to short like they have done in the past that's a bigger problem.

Anyone. I've sent in my suggestions to Franny. Whatever happens though - I just hope Gordon Lawton's choice of 'another one bites the dust' doesnt get picked. We were saying this last night. "it's not Gladiators" - Full on cheese. How camp would it look if everyone did it. Thing is, no one would join in, which is precisely the point about having a blackpool type song when you score. One that can have a clap thrown in and belted out by a few thousand latics at one precise moment in the song!

Voted for mouldy old, but it's not exactly a foot stomper i know!

After a goal though you could play owt really, as long as the ball is in the back of whoevers net, i'm not bothered what's coming out of the speakers (The thought of mistletoe and wine by cliff richard ringing out after a Ricketts goal though probably would piddle me off i guess!!) :blink:

Suggestions for music as Latics take to the pitch at BP:

Let’s Go! - The Routers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6aPo8CDkR4

Nut Rocker - B. Bumble & The Stingers

Click on HEAR on the link. Imagine the excitement as the time approaches for the team to come out - Franny makes the announcement as the opening bars of this tune start up- then as the team appears and we get to the hook of the tune, we sing:

WE ARE THE OLDHAM - THE OAFC!

http://72.30.186.56/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&...=1&.intl=uk

Then as the team comes out for the start of the second half:

Republica - Ready To Go (Chorus)

For the goal celebration:

Got to be Guns of Navarone.

We can't be singing Blackpool's 'Glad all over' or Swansea's Welsh chant, that's just as worse as Hudds singing 'Oh When the Bluess.' I think the poll suggests that we've got ourself a winner in Guns of Navarone.

495 registered members on OWTB. 56 have voted in the poll. 4500 Latics fans at the average home game. The 56 are going to need loud voices!

I don't want to put a damper on this but it's been tried before and the songs Latics fans sing are usually copied off other supporters or are ones that everyone sings like '3 Lions'.

It would be nice if Latics fans adopted a song but quite frankly some of the ones mentioned have been laughable. I can think of at least 20 Latics fans who have never seen OWTB, JKL or the official site and until everybody has, it is a bit of a lost cause.

We can't be singing Blackpool's 'Glad all over' or Swansea's Welsh chant, that's just as worse as Hudds singing 'Oh When the Bluess.' I think the poll suggests that we've got ourself a winner in Guns of Navarone.

No one's saying we should be singing them. Though it's along the lines of what we should be looking out for 'goal music' wise. Anything with one simple effective line which can be belted in unison or a beat than can go along with d-d-d-d-d and a clapping sequence is very effective.

Anyone who doesnt think that video with the swansea fans d-d-d-d'ing and clapping and that it's not something that they think we should have similar after a goal is a bit stupid in my mind. Cast your minds back to Cardiff at home early in August only not so many years back when 2,000 welshmen created arguably the best atmosphere in 15 years of going to Boundary Park. Half of their chants didnt even contain words. Just a simple beat stolen from a song that goes with d-d-d-d's and a clapping motion in unisom. Beltin!