BPAS PODCAST: 21st Jun '21 Episode 40: Blackpool Rock

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Did they ask you to help canvass new members or is this a BPAS initiative?

This is a BPAS initiative. We need change NOW. We need to unite behind an effective Trust. We've got to make it effective. Sign up now and let's change the face of our Trust for the better.

33 minutes ago, BPAS said:

This is a BPAS initiative. We need change NOW. We need to unite behind an effective Trust. We've got to make it effective. Sign up now and let's change the face of our Trust for the better.

Good to see this Matt. However, can i ask a couple of questions, what is happening at the next AGM that we can vote on to make a significant difference? Are any of the PTB lad putting themselves forward to join the trust board. I'm already a member of the trust and have been for years but I've never able to influence anything they do. Trust rules prevent them from being active on social media with fans without having first gained approval from the board. As a result everything happens too slowly. I've asked several times for an update regarding the latest club update from the board meeting (2 weeks ago today) still not heard anything. If i tweeted ptb i'm sure i'd have had a answer.

24 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Good to see this Matt. However, can i ask a couple of questions, what is happening at the next AGM that we can vote on to make a significant difference? Are any of the PTB lad putting themselves forward to join the trust board. I'm already a member of the trust and have been for years but I've never able to influence anything they do. Trust rules prevent them from being active on social media with fans without having first gained approval from the board. As a result everything happens too slowly. I've asked several times for an update regarding the latest club update from the board meeting (2 weeks ago today) still not heard anything. If i tweeted ptb i'm sure i'd have had a answer.

We're actively seeking people who could become new board members.....

4 minutes ago, BPAS said:

We're actively seeking people who could become new board members.....

So in effect taking over the trust or working alongside the current board as I thought they had been elected for a minimum period of 2 years last year?

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

So in effect taking over the trust or working alongside the current board as I thought they had been elected for a minimum period of 2 years last year?

There are vacancies. They need filling. We need them filled with people who are prepared to challenge the status quo. Not more of the same.

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Is that right that there are only 200 members of the Trust? Membership is free, isn't it...?

Now is time to swell it with numbers so we can drive the direction it goes in.....

morning everyone

Apologies as I am not been feeling well for the last few days, nor now. So If i have missed any positing I am sorry

I have this am approved members who have signed up and I will keep on top of this

Change is good, democracy is good.

Join us

27 minutes ago, underdog said:

morning everyone

Apologies as I am not been feeling well for the last few days, nor now. So If i have missed any positing I am sorry

I have this am approved members who have signed up and I will keep on top of this

Change is good, democracy is good.

Join us

Hi Tracy

Appreciate the work you do. Would love to sign up to the foundation, and the raffle has been great to see. I want to see what’s next for the foundation in terms of fundraising before signing up. 

22 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Did they ask you to help canvass new members or is this a BPAS initiative?

Does it really matter?
We need a strong voice and the current membership numbers are nowhere near enough to effect change…all who signed the PTB petition need to join the Foundation. It’s free and as matt says it needs to happen right now!!!

48 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Does it really matter?
We need a strong voice and the current membership numbers are nowhere near enough to effect change…all who signed the PTB petition need to join the Foundation. It’s free and as matt says it needs to happen right now!!!

‘Does it really matter’? Ultimately ‘no’ but it would have been better if it hadn’t been a unilateral initiative...

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

‘Does it really matter’? Ultimately ‘no’ but it would have been better if it hadn’t been a unilateral initiative...

Why? Does the Trust with its 200 members & unpopular opinions really count for much anymore? PTB has over 1,000 supporters, 3,000 signed the petition and @BPAS has more listeners every episode. Time for change. Sign up now.

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Why? Does the Trust with its 200 members & unpopular opinions really count for much anymore? PTB has over 1,000 supporters, 3,000 signed the petition and @BPAS has more listeners every episode. Time for change. Sign up now.

The Trust with its 199 members (I’ve told them to stick it) unanimously voted to ignore 3,000 

They are a disgrace 

Agenda item one for the next Foundation meeting has to be:

Why have we only got 200 members and how can that number be made material? 

If the answer is that it can't be, then it's a busted flush. 

4 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

If the club doesn't want to listen to anybody it makes no difference how many members each body has.

With this massive support just what has PTB and BPAS managed to change so far in the club? 

11 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

If the club doesn't want to listen to anybody it makes no difference how many members each body has.

With this massive support just what has PTB and BPAS managed to change so far in the club? 

What do the club achieve by not listening and engaging with PTB?

Archived