BPAS PODCAST: 21st Jun '21 Episode 40: Blackpool Rock

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Agenda item one for the next Foundation meeting has to be:

Why have we only got 200 members and how can that number be made material? 

If the answer is that it can't be, then it's a busted flush. 

Let’s see how many members after @BPAS & PTB initiative to increase the number…. Want an effective Trust, be a member….

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

If the club doesn't want to listen to anybody it makes no difference how many members each body has.

With this massive support just what has PTB and BPAS managed to change so far in the club? 

Like Stockport? Like Leyton Orient? Like Portsmouth? Like Brentford? Like Blackpool? Like Exeter? - interview coming up in episode 41! We can make a difference if we all pull together around the same objective. Time for the owners - of both the land and club - to sell up. We need to put them under pressure to do so….

27 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

No joy on getting Mr Blitz to front up,as he’s largely responsible for the ground being owned separately from the football club and thus the start of this sorry saga?

Listen to episode 8 to hear exactly what I think of Mr. Blitz’s influence on our club Graham, but this doesn’t excuse the Trust distancing themselves from a Petition signed by 3k supporters.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Listen to episode 8 to hear exactly what I think of Mr. Blitz’s influence on our club Graham, but this doesn’t excuse the Trust distancing themselves from a Petition signed by 3k supporters.

I listened to it when it came out Andy ,30 odd weeks ago!Still no word from Blitz and absolutely no petition to get him to sell up?

8 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

With respect though…. There aren’t people out there that want to own that asset, without owing the football club. We need Abdallah to sell up to someone or a consortium that could then work with Mr. Blitz to take on the land. Abdallah has proved incapable of doing so & we know he has received bids for the club.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

With respect though…. There aren’t people out there that want to own that asset, without owing the football club. We need Abdallah to sell up to someone or a consortium that could then work with Mr. Blitz to take on the land. Abdallah has proved incapable of doing so & we know he has received bids for the club.

Mr Blitz has messed the current football club owner around.He’s more of a problem than anybody else.You were spot on with what you said on the pod,with respect I’d start a publicity drive to get him to answer a few questions but he’ll probably ignore a letter as well!

8 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

Mr Blitz has messed the current football club owner around.He’s more of a problem than anybody else.You were spot on with what you said on the pod,with respect I’d start a publicity drive to get him to answer a few questions but he’ll probably ignore a letter as well!

How has he messed Abdallah around? I’m sorry but that simply isn’t true, quite the opposite. Abdallah has on the face of it done what he can to wind up the landowner, despite knowing from the off that he never owned the ground (something he confirmed on an interview with sky the day he joined) - Threatened legal action, reported Blitz to the police and has since been told no case to answer, Blitz even agreed to sell the ground to Abdallah but up to now has failed to come up with the funds, Abdallah failed to pay (below average in the league) rent payments and refused to engage to open the new stand. I’m not sure how Blitz has ‘messed Abdallah’ around at all based on the above. If you think having the ground under Abdallahs ownership given his current ownership of the club up to now I do wonder on what basis? 

21 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

‘Does it really matter’? Ultimately ‘no’ but it would have been better if it hadn’t been a unilateral initiative...

16 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Why? Does the Trust with its 200 members & unpopular opinions really count for much anymore? PTB has over 1,000 supporters, 3,000 signed the petition and @BPAS has more listeners every episode. Time for change. Sign up now.

You ask ‘why?’ - I thought that was obvious. It would mean (shock horror) that the two groups are actually talking to each other and working together. 

7 hours ago, adamoafc said:

How has he messed Abdallah around? I’m sorry but that simply isn’t true, quite the opposite. Abdallah has on the face of it done what he can to wind up the landowner, despite knowing from the off that he never owned the ground (something he confirmed on an interview with sky the day he joined) - Threatened legal action, reported Blitz to the police and has since been told no case to answer, Blitz even agreed to sell the ground to Abdallah but up to now has failed to come up with the funds, Abdallah failed to pay (below average in the league) rent payments and refused to engage to open the new stand. I’m not sure how Blitz has ‘messed Abdallah’ around at all based on the above. If you think having the ground under Abdallahs ownership given his current ownership of the club up to now I do wonder on what basis? 

I don’t have much time for either of them to be honest.I think the club needs a fresh start and be rid of the pair of them.But you can’t put the blame for where the club is entirely at the Lemsagams door,Blitz divided the club and kept its main assets of value.Why no protest or highlighting of this,no letter sent to his door?

24 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

I don’t have much time for either of them to be honest.I think the club needs a fresh start and be rid of the pair of them.But you can’t put the blame for where the club is entirely at the Lemsagams door,Blitz divided the club and kept its main assets of value.Why no protest or highlighting of this,no letter sent to his door?

The ground hasn’t been under the clubs control since 1999 Blitz never separated them. He bought the ground from the council. 

26 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Rather a desperate attempt  at whataboutism this trying to deflect the fact that the foundation are failing in their mission statement which clearly says to the hold the Club to account. Why are the foundation not challenging the owner on a petition signed by the vast majority of the supporter base when they claim to represent the fanbase?

24 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Okay pal,you get my point,ignore it all you like!

I’ve already answered your point, do you think we should target the landlord first, When the current owner of the club has ran the club the way he has the last three years? I don’t, which is why we have done it this way round. Safeguard the club then the ground. 

16 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

As far as I see it, Blitz has no interest in the JR stand. If he did he would have developed it properly and made it much more profitable for Brassbank. He bought it as a favour to bale out Corney. He has agreed to sell to the FLG, who pulled out when they discovered AL had also agreed to purchase it. There has been no sign of that happening (not really surprising whilst Covid has hammered any profits it may be making). No doubt if a new owner came along to buy the club, Blitz would be happy to offload the stadium. If it was me, I would want to buy the whole of Brassbank and make it earn money for the club, and keep little wembley.

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

As far as I see it, Blitz has no interest in the JR stand. If he did he would have developed it properly and made it much more profitable for Brassbank. He bought it as a favour to bale out Corney. He has agreed to sell to the FLG, who pulled out when they discovered AL had also agreed to purchase it. There has been no sign of that happening (not really surprising whilst Covid has hammered any profits it may be making). No doubt if a new owner came along to buy the club, Blitz would be happy to offload the stadium. If it was me, I would want to buy the whole of Brassbank and make it earn money for the club, and keep little wembley.

Did The FLG pull our because AL agreed or did they pull out because they've as much spare change as he does?

12 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Did The FLG pull our because AL agreed or did they pull out because they've as much spare change as he does?

They always said they would stand aside if the club agreed a purchase and the great man supposedly agreed it last year... 

• Matt unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 8:35 AM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

They always said they would stand aside if the club agreed a purchase and the great man supposedly agreed it last year... 

Wish they'd come back again and buy it to ramp up the pressure on AL to sell the club!

Archived