New Head of commercial

Stephen Brown

Looks like Steve Evans with a tan

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/june/24062021-commercial-appointment/

I am also going to call bollocks on Karl Evans quote that he had “over 100 applicants for the role”

Really? A role that since Mark Moisley moved to Chief Exec has had a university leaver, the dodgy bloke from Chesterfield and Billy Quarmby (who has done every job bar manager)? 

Bull shit Karl should be on his office door 

9 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Did anyone see any advertisement for this post? 

Not being funny but under this regime (and maybe previous one), can only recall seeing posts on the club's website, not eslsewhere

Sounds like bullshit to me about the 100 applicants

It was advertised on the club site as well as LinkedIn. I doubt 100 applicants although with the pandemic there are probably lots of sales people who might be out of work. What the quality of applicants was like God knows, I can't see anyone in football moving from a EFL club to us right now.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

It was advertised on the club site as well as LinkedIn. I doubt 100 applicants although with the pandemic there are probably lots of sales people who might be out of work. What the quality of applicants was like God knows, I can't see anyone in football moving from a EFL club to us right now.

Recall it being on club website, just never seen anything from OAFC elsewhere in the media, don't do Linkedin tbh.    

Just now, unsworth blue said:

Recall it being on club website, just never seen anything from OAFC elsewhere in the media, don't do Linkedin tbh.    

I wish the new guy all the very best but given the current situation we could employ Jordan Belfort and I think he would be on a hiding to nothing.

16 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I wish the new guy all the very best but given the current situation we could employ Jordan Belfort and I think he would be on a hiding to nothing.

Exactly the type of candidate we would probably be interested In though 

26 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

don't do Linkedin tbh.    

I did for a short time but the amount of dreamers posting about getting up at 3 am doing 500 push ups before downing a protein shake and helping their 4 year old daughter with quantum physics “seizing the day” put me right off 

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I did for a short time but the amount of dreamers posting about getting up at 3 am doing 500 push ups before downing a protein shake and helping their 4 year with quantum physics “seizing the day” put me right off 

You mean to say they are bullshitting?!? Maybe i'll go back to having a lie in tomorrow and get up at 4am instead.

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I did for a short time but the amount of dreamers posting about getting up at 3 am doing 500 push ups before downing a protein shake and helping their 4 year old daughter with quantum physics “seizing the day” put me right off 

It's changed now.  It's all about people discovering what's important in life after going through personal analysis during lockdown

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

It's changed now.  It's all about people discovering what's important in life after going through personal analysis during lockdown

People in recruitment are the worst for this. Perhaps if they all stopped dicking about on LinkedIn and did some fucking work then they could enjoy abit more "me time"

Yes, LinkedIn is horrible. I have to be on it for work - it's basically how everyone in my line finds out about new jobs, advertises jobs, and checks out the backgrounds of would-be colleagues. But the relentlessly over-earnest self-promotion is draining.

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Stephen Brown

Looks like Steve Evans with a tan

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2021/june/24062021-commercial-appointment/

I am also going to call bollocks on Karl Evans quote that he had “over 100 applicants for the role”

Really? A role that since Mark Moisley moved to Chief Exec has had a university leaver, the dodgy bloke from Chesterfield and Billy Quarmby (who has done every job bar manager)? 

Bull shit Karl should be on his office door 

email Steven.Brown@oldhamathletic.co.uk 

I’ll drop him an email and ask what commercial events he is planning for the North Stand aka Joe Royle Stand ...

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Yes, LinkedIn is horrible. I have to be on it for work - it's basically how everyone in my line finds out about new jobs, advertises jobs, and checks out the backgrounds of would-be colleagues. But the relentlessly over-earnest self-promotion is draining.

The Yanks are the worst.  Shocker!

Archived