Hi all

I work with a Barrow fan and out of sympathy for someone else who had to endure David Dunn have offered to help him.

he and some mates want to come to BP for the Barrow game and are asking about pubs and whether away friendly? I don’t drink and turn up at ten to three so my knowledge is limited 

I know there’s one at the top of Sheepfoot lane on the main road and one about a mile away but can’t remember if they let aways in or not.

Any help? 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hi all

I work with a Barrow fan and out of sympathy for someone else who had to endure David Dunn have offered to help him.

he and some mates want to come to BP for the Barrow game and are asking about pubs and whether away friendly? I don’t drink and turn up at ten to three so my knowledge is limited 

I know there’s one at the top of Sheepfoot lane on the main road and one about a mile away but can’t remember if they let aways in or not.

Any help? 

Rifle Range is definitely away fan friendly and the Chaddy Bowling club just around the corner is fine too. 

White Hart at top of Sheepfoot Lane is also away fan friendly. 

I suspect they will be ok anywhere, Carters Arms too (just down road from White Hart) I think would be fine as well     

All the pubs between Oldham town centre and BP have gone forever unfortunately. There's also nothing at the "top of Sheepfoot Lane" - think people are confusing the Old Grey Mare (again closed down) with the White Hart - the White Hart is still going - I think - but it's a fair walk down Rochdale Road towards Royton from top of Sheepfoot. My advice to your Barrow mates. Park up in Royton and there are plenty of decent boozers. Railway is good for starters.

The Railway in the centre of Royton is my "local".

Finest J W Lees draught bitter as good as it gets - don't start - I've drunk it for 45 years at £ 3.15 per pint.

Away fans welcome as far as I am aware.:drinking45:

13 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Finest J W Lees draught bitter as good as it gets - don't start - I've drunk it for 45 years at £ 3.15 per pint.

You were being ripped off 45 years ago....!

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You were being ripped off 45 years ago....!

Ah yes - 1971 - The Falconers Arms - bottom of Frederick Street  £ 0.16p a pint!!

The good old days!

5 hours ago, wiseowl said:

All the pubs between Oldham town centre and BP have gone forever unfortunately. There's also nothing at the "top of Sheepfoot Lane" - think people are confusing the Old Grey Mare (again closed down) with the White Hart - the White Hart is still going - I think - but it's a fair walk down Rochdale Road towards Royton from top of Sheepfoot. My advice to your Barrow mates. Park up in Royton and there are plenty of decent boozers. Railway is good for starters.

Further to this the unthinkable happend and were forced to leave BP and re build somewhere else in the town where has a patch of land big enough with descent boozers close at hand ?

1 hour ago, peanuts2 said:

Further to this the unthinkable happend and were forced to leave BP and re build somewhere else in the town where has a patch of land big enough with descent boozers close at hand ?

Quite a few in Failsworth near the bottom end of Broadway.

9 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hi all

Any help? 

As mentioned by @unsworth blue, the Rifle Range was always away fan friendly.

Come to think of it, tell your mate to just stay there and not lose 90 minutes drinking time. He'll save £20, deprive AL of cash and is bound to enjoy himself more!

4 hours ago, Millibob said:

Speaking as a proud native of Middleton who still suffers nightmares at the memory of JWL, the Railway has presumably been paying you all these years to drink Lees bitter. Surely you can afford to buy AL out?

16 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

Churchill Playing Fields at Greenfield - the Latics playing in Yorkshire! Uppermill is now the night spot of the north (although ruined as a result in my opinion) so anyone can drink to their heart's content (at around £5 plus a pint of course!).

On 7/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hi all

Any help? 

Tell them to head to the town centre. Ashton Arms always has some good beers on and about 6 quid in a taxi at 20 to 3. 

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Churchill Playing Fields at Greenfield - the Latics playing in Yorkshire! Uppermill is now the night spot of the north (although ruined as a result in my opinion) so anyone can drink to their heart's content (at around £5 plus a pint of course!).

Churchill mud bath would be typical of latics to build on a flood plane

Archived