Hallam Hope

Where is he? His last match was for Barbados was on July 3rd and as they have no further fixtures I can't understand why 10 days later he didn't feature in the Stalybridge friendly?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Where is he? His last match was for Barbados was on July 3rd and as they have no further fixtures I can't understand why 10 days later he didn't feature in the Stalybridge friendly?

He was sat on back row with Badan, Luamba and the 2nd half team.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Had to self isolate on his return so will need a few more days before he starts a game? Or... picked up a knock on international duty?

32 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Had to self isolate on his return so will need a few more days before he starts a game? Or... picked up a knock on international duty?

Could be, but Euros footballers didn't and even in other cases I thought it was 7 days.

The keeper is in Canada until 18th July so it will be interesting to see when he returns and plays a game for us.

A ridiculous situation for him as he's not played a game or unlikely to.

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

The keeper is in Canada until 18th July so it will be interesting to see when he returns and plays a game for us.

A ridiculous situation for him as he's not played a game or unlikely to.

I mean, it's their version of the Euros, albeit much less prestigious, it's the nature of international touurnaments.

Canada will probably qualify from their group alongside USA, and likely face Costa Rica or Jamaica in a quarter final on July 25, so don't expect to see Leutwiler any time soon.

They (we) play Haiti tomorrow and USA Sunday. Assuming that all goes fine the next game would be 24th or 25th. Not sure where you can watch it, there’s a provider called OneSoccer but not sure if that’s available in England 

11 minutes ago, marhar said:

They (we) play Haiti tomorrow and USA Sunday. Assuming that all goes fine the next game would be 24th or 25th. Not sure where you can watch it, there’s a provider called OneSoccer but not sure if that’s available in England 

Duckens Nazon is in the Haiti squad, but no sign of Johnny Placide

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

anybody know Canada fixture details and which channels their matches be on?

Premier Sports 1

Thursday night/Friday morning 0030 Haiti v Canada

Sunday night 2200 USA v Canada

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Duckens Nazon is in the Haiti squad, but no sign of Johnny Placide

No, Placide was playing fairly recently - I think he played in the first of two legs against Canada in the World Cup qualifiers. 

The goal conceded by his replacement in the second leg is well worth a watch - it's about 4.30 in on this: 

15 minutes ago, marhar said:

No, Placide was playing fairly recently - I think he played in the first of two legs against Canada in the World Cup qualifiers. 

The goal conceded by his replacement in the second leg is well worth a watch - it's about 4.30 in on this: 

That is pretty comical

I hope to Christ Mo hasn’t seen it or he will be signing him up as we speak!! 

21 minutes ago, marhar said:

That was a cracker. He did make some decent saves in the 1st. half though. The Haiti defender who back healed it into his own penalty area straight to a Canada player in the middle of the box was comical.

1 hour ago, marhar said:

Odd.  he doesn't feature in the squad lis

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Odd.  he doesn't feature in the squad lis

I did some digging! He was ok to place the first leg in Haiti but not the second in the US

“Duverger, who is Canadian-born, played the game because starting goalkeeper Johny Placide could not travel to Chicago since he had not quarantined for the 14 days required after leaving Europe.”

14 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Because the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish FA’s don’t want one 

We did a few years ago though when Stuart Pearce was manager.

Yes because an agreement was made only to use Welsh and English players - that same agreement hasnt been made since 

the Welsh, Scotts and Irish fear losing their national identity - for some reason the Welsh relented on that occasion it was all reported at the time 

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We did a few years ago though when Stuart Pearce was manager.

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yes because an agreement was made only to use Welsh and English players - that same agreement hasnt been made since 

the Welsh, Scotts and Irish fear losing their national identity - for some reason the Welsh relented on that occasion it was all reported at the time 

forgot to quote you 

Archived