Wigan Athletic pre season

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite good for a friendly. Started poor. No defending for the first goal, and then a piece of poor goalkeeping for the second. After the drinks, we were the better team. Good goal. 

Apart for the motion sickness caused by the camera (makes IFollow look really good), it's been okay.

Just now, Chris15Arm said:

I started watchin in 15th min so missed Wigan goals. But whilst I've been watchin we've dominated the ball with our keeper only touching it for passing. Not done much with the ball but still

Scroll back to our goalkeeper howler.

40 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Pidge just vanishing doesn't help. Second half of last season he gave absolutely everything and played out of his skin and lifted himself all the way up to above average, but over a season he's just not good enough.

Pidge was picking up his man for the first goal. It was Jamison that had gone missing

6 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Pidge was picking up his man for the first goal. It was Jamison that had gone missing

hmm maybe. Seemed Pidge was out of position picking up Jamesons man 😂

cba watching it back bc even if it wasn't Pidge's fault that won't suddenly make him good enough.

Maybe l'm just being harsh bc l forgot how annoying his stupid walk is and how he is the most silent Captain in the history of sound and [laboured] movement.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

hmm maybe. Seemed Pidge was out of position picking up Jamesons man 😂

cba watching it back bc even if it wasn't Pidge's fault that won't suddenly make him good enough.

Maybe l'm just being harsh bc l forgot how annoying his stupid walk is and how he is the most silent Captain in the history of sound and [laboured] movement.

It's me that has a downer on Jamison. Can't believe the clowns gave him a new contract.

1 minute ago, Emcee_Latic said:

It's me that has a downer on Jamison. Can't believe the clowns gave him a new contract.

Why isn't Curle playing a flat back 4. Adams McGahey  Piergianni Hart, this 3 centre backs system  just isn't good enough?

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why isn't Curle playing a flat back 4. Adams McGahey  Piergianni Hart, this 3 centre backs system  just isn't good enough?

Why are you asking us? Send him an email 

It’s a friendly against a team in a league above with a team full of people who won’t even be here - who cares? 

He's always played three at the back, hasn't he? i don't like it, never have. Really, if you don't then play three in midfield then you get outnumbered in the middle and more pressure is place on your back three. We're playing it with two and then with three upfront. It's a boring way to play.

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Isn't the point of friendlies that you experiment with different systems to see what works and what players will work where?

Ended up 1-2. They hit the bar in the final minute  when it was easier to score.
Two bang average sides in a poor quality game. The Hallam Hope header was the highlight for us.  
It was a pre-season friendly. No’s 3 & 17 for us looked good. Whelan and Pidge okay. 
Thank god that’s over 👍

Archived