Wigan Athletic pre season

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Who was the no 20 who came on at centre back?

Has he featured in the other games?

The number 20 at Stalybridge was Saul Milovanovich, who looked promising.

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No he was 2 at Stalybridge that wasn't him today.

*unless the stream was a lot worse than I thought it was!

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

What settled system do you think he's aiming for? 

I don't know...but I'd guess 3-4-2-1.

I'm not sure McGahey is mobile enough to play n a 3 but perhaps Adams would cover him.

The 2 could be Keillor-Dunn and Dearnley with Bamboozler from the bench.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

And he acts like he knows more than a professional football manager and ex player who actually gets paid for his thoughts 

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Correct it was 2, I  need to go Specsavers. 😆

I thought the performance was actually incredibly worrying. 

I don’t see how Burnley would get any benefit playing their first team against us. They would put 10 past us.

I’m never optimistic with Oldham but 22nd would be an achievement this season. 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Was it Sutton?

No Sutton came on earlier - the 20 came on after about 70 minutes. Tall and gangly in appearance cross between Lineghan and Edmondson.

Didn't see enough to say if he was any good or not!

If you win friendlies- it’s promising, it look like he’s building a squad, they gelling together quite nicely, I like the system he’s playing. 

If you lose friendlies- it’s only practice, why would anyone take notice of a friendly result, they’re trial games- for trialists! (My favourite from eyrsey) It’s 47 degress! 

😂😂 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

If you win friendlies- it’s promising, it look like he’s building a squad, they gelling together quite nicely, I like the system he’s playing. 

If you lose friendlies- it’s only practice, why would anyone take notice of a friendly result, they’re trial games- for trialists! (My favourite from eyrsey) It’s 47 degress! 

😂😂 

I've seen Latics go unbeaten through pre season and finish 18th. You cant take anything from friendlies, they're for getting back to match sharpness. I can't believe it's 2021 and people still get angry about pre season games 😄🤦‍♂️

28 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I've seen Latics go unbeaten through pre season and finish 18th. You cant take anything from friendlies, they're for getting back to match sharpness. I can't believe it's 2021 and people still get angry about pre season games 😄🤦‍♂️

I look at team shape and that first half 3 immobile centre backs will be taken to the cleaners in the league.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

iI look at team shape and that first half 3 immobile centre backs will be taken to the cleaners in the league.

IF that's how they line up in a league match.

It's pretty obvious Pidge and McGahey won't work in a three but that's the system our manager prefers.

Clarke would seem the logical choice with one of them and Hart.

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

IF that's how they line up in a league match.

It's pretty obvious Pidge and McGahey won't work in a three but that's the system our manager prefers.

IF McGahey doesn’t work in a three which as you say our manager prefers then why bring him in ??

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

IF McGahey doesn’t work in a three which as you say our manager prefers then why bring him in ??

If McGahey stays fit he'll do well this season - and for all he has a look of Ant Gerrard he's actually pretty quick!!!

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Are we genuinely thinking that Pidge is going to get in the starting XI??? Oh fuck, dreading the season starting if that's the case.

From jan onwards he was in the top 3 of performances. Dont know why he's getting so much hate. I think people on here have an opinion and stick by it no matter what. I was critical of him early season but he massively improved and if it wasn't for him we would have conceded double what we did concede. By far one of the better performers and that's in a defence basically on his own. Imagine what he will be like with half decent defenders with him. He will be his usual solid self and not have to try and clean up others mistakes. Id have him in all day. He's a bully and I love watching him kick strikers off the field. Dont make em like that anymore

23 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

From jan onwards he was in the top 3 of performances. Dont know why he's getting so much hate. I think people on here have an opinion and stick by it no matter what. I was critical of him early season but he massively improved and if it wasn't for him we would have conceded double what we did concede. By far one of the better performers and that's in a defence basically on his own. Imagine what he will be like with half decent defenders with him. He will be his usual solid self and not have to try and clean up others mistakes. Id have him in all day. He's a bully and I love watching him kick strikers off the field. Dont make em like that anymore

l don't think he does it enuf. Struts around silently doing his ten men walk whilst Skippering us to the worst defence in the country. l was hoping four new defenders would see the end of him. Came in in January and was OK then last year was good from Jan onwards, so maybe leave him out until january? Seems to be how he works.

Archived