Where's Your Money?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We should be aiming for promotion...

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Here he is. 😂

He’s not wrong though, unless you are a newly promoted team in any league (and even then not always the case) or outside the typical top 4 premiership it should be the aim of every single team in the pyramid (obviously can’t get promoted from the Prem but you know what I mean) otherwise what’s the point? 

It’s my hope every single season until at least the end of August 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We should be aiming for promotion...

I couldn't agree more, club of this stature and before anybody says different,

Just look in the league above that's blessed with a fair few that weren't in the same universe as us once upon a time.

Sadly, reality has just kicked my arse and I just can't see it without a proper leader of men on the field or those who haven't been up for any kind of fight.

When we start to mix it again, then I'll start to believe we can be something.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Here he is. 😂

Morecambe got promoted last season. Morecambe. That will be my answer to anyone who disputes that we should be challenging for promotion. Especially when we are so blessed to have such a fantastic manager for our level...

22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Morecambe got promoted last season. Morecambe. That will be my answer to anyone who disputes that we should be challenging for promotion. Especially when we are so blessed to have such a fantastic manager for our level...

Exactly and they did it the hard way too

Nothing fancy, just a bunch of in your face grafters who got stuck in and got the rewards deserving of it

Can we be like them? Why most certainly 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He’s not wrong though, unless you are a newly promoted team in any league (and even then not always the case) or outside the typical top 4 premiership it should be the aim of every single team in the pyramid (obviously can’t get promoted from the Prem but you know what I mean) otherwise what’s the point? 

It’s my hope every single season until at least the end of August 

Do I hope we’ll go up. Of course.

Have we got any chance with these owners? None. 

1 hour ago, Barry Bosnian said:

We haven't done that for at least a decade. 

Realism doesn’t count Barry. We have to have to nonsensical dreams. Based on how shit everybody else is- (but we keep managing to be 17th shittest) 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's actually what the club should be aiming at in L2. But this squad won't be good enough even with 3-4 additions.

Spot on. 

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

. . . And once again misses the point entirely. Little old morecambe who at this point are far a better run club than we could hope for. 

. . . and before you say your club in crisis bit. 

Bury/Blackpool/Cov all had far better squads, and for the 150th time had managers who despite off field problems were left to get on with managing. 

9 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Exactly and they did it the hard way too

Nothing fancy, just a bunch of in your face grafters who got stuck in and got the rewards deserving of it

Can we be like them? Why most certainly 

IF Curle is left alone for a season or two then despite all the shit I’d expect him to have us top half. But he won’t be, so the comparison with morecambe is moot. 

With a very average squad, and Mo’s help . . a manager of his track record, should see us mid table. 

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Do I hope we’ll go up. Of course.

Have we got any chance with these owners? None. 

Realism doesn’t count Barry. We have to have to nonsensical dreams. Based on how shit everybody else is- (but we keep managing to be 17th shittest) 

Spot on. 

. . . And once again misses the point entirely. Little old morecambe who at this point are far a better run club than we could hope for. 

. . . and before you say your club in crisis bit. 

Bury/Blackpool/Cov all had far better squads, and for the 150th time had managers who despite off field problems were left to get on with managing. 

IF Curle is left alone for a season or two then despite all the shit I’d expect him to have us top half. But he won’t be, so the comparison with morecambe is moot. 

With a very average squad, and Mo’s help . . a manager of his track record, should see us mid table. 

I don’t think Sinnott is saying it’s nailed on or it will happen. He is saying that a club with a history of being a lot higher over the last 30 years should be at the very minimum, expecting a top 5 finish. I doubt for one second he believes we will be.

The value is on relegation. U’d have to think at some point we will explode. Either they won’t pay on time or curle will have a slightly rocky month and get fired and everyone will down tools. That’s more probable than us holding it all together and getting promotion. I’ll just be happy with us staying up which I think we will, finishing 10-15th 

14 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Ignoring the circus who runs the club, Curle has done nothing to prove he is an improvement on HK.

In fact I'd go as far as saying we are just as shit but just less entertaining.   

He doesn't wear a daft coat and have greasy hair for a start :) 

Archived