Edmunsdon windfall?

If this move happens can our Trust board director confirm the club will receive the perceived £200,000 from the Rangers sell on deal and what will be done with the money?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-ipswich-town-agree-to-sign-rangers-star-edmundson/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1627279799

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If this move happens can our Trust board director confirm the club will receive the perceived £200,000 from the Rangers sell on deal and what will be done with the money?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-ipswich-town-agree-to-sign-rangers-star-edmundson/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1627279799

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have worked out for him in Scotland,  certainly seems a bit of activity going on with him.

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It will depend on the agreement in place I think, as a lot of younger players have a different percentage clause in place which would only see a percentage of anything over the original purchase price, so if the rumoured sale to Rangers was £750k it would be 20% on anything over that. 

Protects clubs taking risks on players to a very small extent. 

It will be interesting to see the deal we have, as 20% of the full fee would be lovely! 

14 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

It will depend on the agreement in place I think, as a lot of younger players have a different percentage clause in place which would only see a percentage of anything over the original purchase price, so if the rumoured sale to Rangers was £750k it would be 20% on anything over that. 

Protects clubs taking risks on players to a very small extent. 

It will be interesting to see the deal we have, as 20% of the full fee would be lovely! 

It's strange no Trust board director past or present can clarify what should be the simple terms of a deal?

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's strange no Trust board director past or present can clarify what should be the simple terms of a deal?

I believe both clubs have to agree to the disclosure of any fee or sell on clause so it may not be possible for anyone at the club to disclose the details.  

11 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I believe both clubs have to agree to the disclosure of any fee or sell on clause so it may not be possible for anyone at the club to disclose the details.  

Why, what's to hide? More secrecy from the club, no wonder fans have no faith in the regime - who appear not to come clean about anything.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why, what's to hide? More secrecy from the club, no wonder fans have no faith in the regime - who appear not to come clean about anything.

Odd that someone who has been in the game would be so clueless/naive as to how it works.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe it's Rangers who don't want it publicising ?

Less and less transfer details are now in the public domain so we're no different from the majority of clubs.....in this case at least !

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

No way can OASF disclose this, and frankly a cheap jibe to suggest they are failing by not doing, and any new Directors elected this week won't be able to either. The OASF is a Director of OAFC and financialy liable.

99% of trasnfers are free or undisclosed nowadays anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_summer_2021

Just now, Bobledgersheart said:

Maybe it's Rangers who don't want it publicising ?

Less and less transfer details are now in the public domain so we're no different from the majority of clubs.....in this case at least !

So why did they reveal the original fee? The suspicion from me is its down to us. The dont tell them anything syndrome.

Why the club can't be up front only fuels that suspicion IMO.

I'd just like to know if we do get a sell on amount how will this be spent. Its not a difficult question for the clubs directors - one of whom is supposed to represent the fans.

We aren't really expecting the trust to disclose the potential sell on fee are we ? There will no doubt be a NDA In place,  anyway would the directors have discussed this with the trust ? So potentially 150,000 -200,000 fee could come in very handy,  taking the pressure off us needing to sell Bambi 

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

So why did they reveal the original fee? The suspicion from me is its down to us. The dont tell them anything syndrome.

I'd just like to know if we do get a sell on amount how will this be spent. Its not a difficult question for the clubs directors - one of whom is supposed to represent the fans.

Mo can spend the lot in Costa Coffee if he wants, it is none of our business frankly.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Bring back downvotes.

Very poor from you.

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

We aren't really expecting the trust to disclose the potential sell on fee are we ? There will no doubt be a NDA In place,  anyway would the directors have discussed this with the trust ? So potentially 150,000 -200,000 fee could come in very handy,  taking the pressure off us needing to sell Bambi 

THe rumoured fee was £750k, though I have seen £660k.

£1m sale is 250k-330k profit, so 50-66k to us.

5 minutes ago, singe said:

No way can OASF disclose this, and frankly a cheap jibe to suggest they are failing by not doing, and any new Directors elected this week won't be able to either. The OASF is a Director of OAFC and financialy liable.

99% of trasnfers are free or undisclosed nowadays anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_summer_2021

Absolute rubbish, the Trust represent the fans, just keeping us in the dark alienates them from us (which is what has happened) IMO.

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

NDAs, ban them, they suggest something to hide IMO.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

THe rumoured fee was £750k, though I have seen £660k.

£1m sale is 250k-330k profit, so 50-66k to us.

I'm sure I've read today looking to sell for £1 million as they bought him for €750k, plenty of interest aswell do that's promising 

Just now, Frankies6 said:

I'm sure I've read today looking to sell for £1 million as they bought him for €750k, plenty of interest aswell do that's promising 

Yes, it's 20% on profit. So £1m rumoured few- 750k original fee. 

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Absolute rubbish, the Trust represent the fans, just keeping us in the dark alienates them from us (which is what has happened) IMO.

Utter BS

They see P&L, so won't be aware of individuals contracts, the money won't have hit yet. 

You're a former scout, you'll have more chance of knowing and be able to reveal earlier, very poor of you to keep it secret.....

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Mo can spend the lot in Costa Coffee if he wants, it is none of our business frankly.

Well that's debatable. Some would say the club belongs to the supporters and we have a right to know though I wish he would spend the lot in Costa Coffee, the caffeine overdose might trigger a catastrophic heart attack. 

Was the fee from Rangers 750k paid straight away  or was it in instalments ie  half paid initially and half after so many games maybe other payments based on  winning the title  ?  No one knows for sure I would have thought  . Barry fry has said rangers want 1.5 m so it’s just guess work as to what we will receive  I don’t think we will see any of it invested  

Archived